Alan Pardew

Mike

"It (the speculation) can only be good for Yohan's confidence, so if clubs want to get involved, good luck to them,"

What a difference a year makes.

where's the quotes from? Cant find any post match reaction.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/10/alan-pardew-newcastle-united-yohan-cabaye

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/post-match-newcastle-united-manager-alan-5696225

"He is linked with clubs but that can't harm his confidence" :shifty:

After a few beers tonight I got back to thinking of the dynamic between AP and MA. MA has got AP by the balls and he doesn't really care about the football or the supporters just as long as we muddle along.

Any other manager would be on the verge of the sack or should be shouting from the roof tops about how they are being under mined. AP has complained a little but I wouldn't be surprised if this "complaining" had been pre agreed as a few days later Remy appeared.

Why does AP have a 8 year contract? It has to be something in MA's favour, in his other business he is pushing zero hours contracts, he wants control.

AP came in from the cold, is this really as basic as something like gambling debts, getting a manager on the cheap and securing safety against severance payments if it goes tits up? Could it be that AP has refused to go and MA gas made appointments in an attempt to get him to call it a day?

I know this has all been debated before before I have certainly lost sight of the fact that we, the fans, have absolutely no influence or consideration in any of this and could well be mere spectators to a bit of a private spat. I don't think MA bought us with that intention but its funny how things can pan out.

Anyway, night night.

NUFCTV interview:

He thought players were a little mindful in the first half of picking up a knock for City as they're in good shape. We improved in the second half.

We look more threatening with set pieces and that's good as we're not the tallest side, know they weren't good enough at that last year.

Thinks it's been a good preseason but wants more players in as Remy's injured.

Thinks Jonas might be out of the City match but can't be sure yet.

Thinks the senior players are looking strong.

AP is a very good organiser and PR spinner but a very average coach.

His ideas are limited to a few percentage plays ie keeping shape/holding positions (little movement) and hitting longish passes as soon as possible to one or two runners. That's why he likes 442 and why it was working while Ba was here and Hatem was scoring wonder goals routinely...

The limited avenues he sets up for positive play cut into what we are capable of as a side (we do actually have 4/5 very good players). Cabaye continues to have to play within himself from deeper postions...All this is compounded by the fact that we don't really have any wingers (which is the normal alternative route in a 442). We literally have NO WINGERS and so the ball gets quickly put into an attacking phase with little support...PL sides and actually most decent sides can defend easily against us and we have so little posession in matches we seem to be under pressure 80% of nearly every game.

He's too defensive and fears the opp too much and this translates onto the pitch...Very rarely do players look like they really think they can win a game...And with the tactics it's more or less impossible to get dominant wins...Ever. We get by with nicking games and staying solid.

Sad state of affairs.

If Pardew gets the sack this season which if we start badly he almost certainly will, he'll be replaced by JFK, so the sooner that happens the better. If for any reason JFK doesn't take the job we would probably get Poyet, which sounds like a great improvement to me.

Guest bimpy474

His ideas are limited to a few percentage plays ie keeping shape/holding positions (little movement) and hitting longish passes as soon as possible to one or two runners. That's why he likes 442 and why it was working while Ba was here and Hatem was scoring wonder goals routinely...

The limited avenues he sets up for positive play cut into what we are capable of as a side (we do actually have 4/5 very good players). Cabaye continues to have to play within himself from deeper postions...All this is compounded by the fact that we don't really have any wingers (which is the normal alternative route in a 442). We literally have NO WINGERS and so the ball gets quickly put into an attacking phase with little support...PL sides and actually most decent sides can defend easily against us and we have so little posession in matches we seem to be under pressure 80% of nearly every game.

He's too defensive and fears the opp too much and this translates onto the pitch...Very rarely do players look like they really think they can win a game...And with the tactics it's more or less impossible to get dominant wins...Ever. We get by with nicking games and staying solid.

Sad state of affairs.

Almost completely agree except for the staying solid part, we concede goals at an alarming rate and have done for the last 18 months. Worries me greatly when Pardew tactics are so defensive.

We concede a lot of goals because we don't control the game and give the opposition way too many chances to run at the defense. I think Pardew can organise a defense, he did show this in his first full season, but he has no clue at all as to how to holistically set up the team to control a game, it's just purely deep defense, he doesn't set it up to press higher up when the midfield is pushing, leaving a huge gap in between and he doesn't think to get the team pressing all over the pitch.

He is also way to trusting in Tiote who concedes way too many freekicks.

Absolutely agree on transitions too, we just are clueless in pretty much all aspects.

I really think we missed a good chance this summer as there were quite a few decent managers out of work / out of contract, all of whom would have been a massive upgrade on Pards.  If we are going to stick with him I would have hoped to see some changes in the backroom staff to at least get our coaching up to scratch.

Guest Dontooner

Sad state of affairs.

Almost completely agree except for the staying solid part, we concede goals at an alarming rate and have done for the last 18 months. Worries me greatly when Pardew tactics are so defensive.

We don't defend our wings enough and leave a lot of space for wingers. Instead of intercepting the cross like most teams with fruitbowl Jonas , we pile the defence in the middle waiting to clear the cross.

It translates to the ball clearing to the middle of the park,where we have no mid fielders to battle for the ball since they are busy deep clearing the ball / covering the runners. Hence under pressure again....

Its like a f***ing Script this! Having a full pre season with almost all the players, this is the carpet and brand of front foot football he promotes. dumber than a mad cow.

We must have the lousiest manager in the league. I feel aweful when i see other teams play football. Feel Miserable to stand another season or seasons of this lifeless football.

i'm not far from this, i watch the way teams play with real managers then have flashbacks to what pardew is serving up and it's so fucking depressing man :lol:

Still despise this bloke from last season. Don't think we've shown much in preseason to say that we're going to be better this round. I don't believe Kinnear would get the job if we sacked him but I do think we'd get another budget manager who's out of work like Curbishley than a decent manager like Poyet.

Guest bimpy474

Still despise this bloke from last season. Don't think we've shown much in preseason to say that we're going to be better this round. I don't believe Kinnear would get the job if we sacked him but I do think we'd get another budget manager who's out of work like Curbishley than a decent manager like Poyet.

I'd reckon Curbishley would want more money, he's another highly rated (for reason that escape me) manager in the press.

poyet is out of work

Watch this space.

If that was going to happen it would have done by now. Unless he's still out of work for the next few months by which time Pardew might get sacked, then it's unlikely.