Alan Pardew

Mike

The league is full of managers having to operate under cost constraints and ply excuses and change the subject in interviews. To go with that PR ability, a lot of such managers also bring a better grasp of setting up a football team than Pardew. When you watch their sides play, you see passing and movement. Players helping each other. Set pieces that work. None of those will cost Mike Ashley any money.

We're clearly going nowhere with Pardew. Nearly relegating the eighth most expensive team in the league should have been enough.

Does it get spelled out any better than this? I don't think so.

In 25 year we'd probably agree that 2 managers have been "good".

I don't think either of them would have succeeded under Ashley like.

:lol: Nah, two of the best man managers, knowledgeable football men and respected individuals in the game would do just as s*** as Pardew is.

Keep building those straw men marra

:lol: You talk so much brown watery shite its untrue.

Not really.  I've said nowt particularly contentious there.  Obviously the argument you've twisted it into is daft.

:lol: Nah, two of the best man managers, knowledgeable football men and respected individuals in the game would do just as s*** as Pardew is.

Keegan actually did pretty damn well before the fall out. Bring Keegan in tomorrow and the upturn would be huge

Much as I like Keegan and would like him back ahead of Pardew.. he didn't really do that well.  He certainly didn't do 'pretty damn well'.  He won 6 games out of 21.

Keegan actually did pretty damn well before the fall out. Bring Keegan in tomorrow and the upturn would be huge

Much as I like Keegan and would like him back ahead of Pardew.. he didn't really do that well.  He certainly didn't do 'pretty damn well'.  He won 6 games out of 21.

Tbf, we were very clearly going in the right direction.

I genuinely don't give a f*** if we are known for sacking managers, we'd be better off now as pardew would have been binned

That's fine, I'm just pointing out something I see as a positive.

What if we did employ a good manager, he had a bad spell, and we sacked him straight away?

That hasn't happened here in the Premier League era.

The derby under Keegan, we were wearing slippers and smoking cigars. Easiest afternoon since Shearer's free kick through the wall.

The 5-1 under CH man...almost brings a tear to my eye - we came out hungry and fucking destroyed them.

Hell, even Glen Roeder managed to massacre the fucking Mackems at the SOL.

The derby under Keegan, we were wearing slippers and smoking cigars. Easiest afternoon since Shearer's free kick through the wall.

The 5-1 under CH man...almost brings a tear to my eye - we came out hungry and fucking destroyed them.

Even Graeme Souness beat the Mackems.

So did Pardew two seasons ago tbf :lol:

But he never will again, if he's still here for the home fixture I expect Gus Pooyet will be dumping all over his head again.

So did Pardew two seasons ago tbf :lol:

But he never will again, if he's still here for the home fixture I expect Gus Pooyet will be dumping all over his head again.

True but his overall record against them is pathetic. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the worst in our history. Even our worst managers weren't afraid to play Sunderland.

The cliche is that the form book goes out the window in a derby when in fact what actually happens is that one team has a psychological superiority and will win or avoid defeat 90% of the time. Tottenham simply could not turn over Arsenal or Chelsea for about fifteen years each and even now, tend to capitulate against the Gunners. Liverpool always beat Everton, regardless of form. Just the way it is.

It used to be like this with us. Even having gone down, when they came back to SJP, Cattermole wet himself in the tunnel at the prospect. Now the tables have been turned, by the most cowardly man in football. Now we fear them, and Pardew is their bitch.

The cliche is that the form book goes out the window in a derby when in fact what actually happens is that one team has a psychological superiority and will win or avoid defeat 90% of the time. Tottenham simply could not turn over Arsenal or Chelsea for about fifteen years each and even now, tend to capitulate against the Gunners. Liverpool always beat Everton, regardless of form. Just the way it is.

It used to be like this with us. Even having gone down, when they came back to SJP, Cattermole wet himself in the tunnel at the prospect. Now the tables have been turned, by the most cowardly man in football. Now we fear them, and Pardew is their bitch.

Pardew has become for them the joke hero that Mcmenemy and Agent Bruce were for us, except it's even more personal in that he isn't just doing a shit job, he's regularly handing them derby victories even when they are the ones who should be paralysed by fear. If they aren't singing songs in his name in the pubs on Wearside I'll be amazed.

Poyet's first game as Brighton manager: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8330393.stm

:mackems:

Southampton manager Alan Pardew told BBC Radio Solent:

"Brighton came out fired up and we never responded.

"I make no excuses for us. Brighton had loads of chances, showed plenty of passion and we gave them too much room.

"We'll make sure we don't get caught like that in future."

:spit:

Southampton manager Alan Pardew told BBC Radio Solent:

"Brighton came out fired up and we never responded.

"I make no excuses for us. Brighton had loads of chances, showed plenty of passion and we gave them too much room.

"We'll make sure we don't get caught like that in future."

:lol: