Alan Pardew

Mike

just watched his interview on sky sports website.  He's moaning about the ref's decision to send off Elliott?!!  FFS  Going on about how the linesman couldn't see it to make the decision, says he saw it from 4 camera angles and couldn't make see it for sure.  It was obvious as it's obvious that he's a complete fraud!

Didn't seem obvious at all that it was outside the box. If anything it seemed like Elliott had managed to keep it in.

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

I think he probably is genuinely pleased about not having to deal with the Europa League again. Quite a few managers probably share this opinion, but most are sensible enough not to say anything in public. Many pundits say that it is an unnecessary burden.

I don't think it means he will actively try not to qualify in future though, that would be ridiculous.

Name those managers then.

I've got:

Alan Pardew

Harry Redknapp

Not sure I can name them specifically, as I said they wouldn't say it in public . A few managers of a club who doesn't have a big enough squad to guarantee success in both competitions probably. Jol? Pulis?

Then that's just an opinion from just yourself.  Not from those managers.

I know, as I said I don't have quotes to hand. But I don't think it's unfair to say that managers like that would consider the Europa League an unwanted burden on their squads.

Holy fucking shit, man :lol:

What?

“I don’t really care if Arsenal win 4-0 if I’m honest – I’m sure Spurs will – but I only care that our fans enjoy themselves."

Yeah, I don't mind spending 30 quid to watch us lose 4-0 as long as I enjoy it.  Maybe some of Arsenal's goals will be really fun to watch? 

For every goal Arsenal score, some fireworks will go off and five pound notes will fall from the stadium roof like the last round in the Crystal Maze. It's gonna be ace.

NARK THE FANS, PLEASE!

:lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Will the 96% of people who said he has to go be calling for his head in the last home game?

f***ing well should be. If there is no bvious anti Pardew stuff, then we are as bad as him. Pathetic

They'll just sit there in silence I think. I'd be very surprised if people did anything in the ground - unless the result gives them an excuse.

Agree.

I'm tempted to give the crowd the benefit of the doubt.  I have been amazed not to have heard anti-pardew chants whilst watching home matches but I think the crowd are nervous to voice their disapproval given how that's affected the performances on the pitch the past times we've done it in recent history. 

The only thing that might work in his favour is it's the last match of the season and some might just want to get it over with without too much fuss. 

If we had been safe before the sunderland and liverpool matches I'm sure the home crowd would have been more hostile.

Yeh - for me even at the Liverpool match there was only a couple of people actually having a go at him.

Another bloke in the bogs at the derby saying he should play two up top but I don't hear that much in general. Regardless I can't see a mass mutiny among the fans I think people will just be happy we're safe.

I have been a Pardew supporter all the way through (and still want to be), partly through personal connections, partly because the vitriol on this Board is often way OTT and partly because a Stoke supporting friend of mine warned me that the Europa League commitments would take a heavy toll, just as they did on Stoke. I also think that looking back on last season, our style of football was very similar to this and we often somehow usually got on the right side of every 2 1 scoreline. Watching the first half against Villa away and the whole game against Spurs away (which we were massively unlucky to lose), I also thought that the hoofball criticism was wrong too - bring in proper players and it looked like (including Krul) that we were starting to play carpet football.

But today, even allowing for the pressure, was awful. I remain depressed by the first 15 minutes, when we looked completely clueless, humped the ball forward aimlessly and just seemed to be waiting for QPR to score. The kick-off was just incredible - Colo had no pressure on him, options right and left and yet chose to hump it forward to absolutely no-one. 5 seconds later, QPR almost scored. Looking back to the Villa and Spurs games, and even parts of the match against West Ham last week, we look capable of playing slick, attacking, carpet football. But yes, I am now starting to believe that our mentality is safety first, defensive stuff that simply invites pressure back onto us, again and again and again.

In Fergies leaving speech he warned the players not to let themselves down, our fearless leader will be happy to end the season on  four nil loss.

I have been a Pardew supporter all the way through (and still want to be), partly through personal connections, partly because the vitriol on this Board is often way OTT and partly because a Stoke supporting friend of mine warned me that the Europa League commitments would take a heavy toll, just as they did on Stoke. I also think that looking back on last season, our style of football was very similar to this and we often somehow usually got on the right side of every 2 1 scoreline. Watching the first half against Villa away and the whole game against Spurs away (which we were massively unlucky to lose), I also thought that the hoofball criticism was wrong too - bring in proper players and it looked like (including Krul) that we were starting to play carpet football.

But today, even allowing for the pressure, was awful. I remain depressed by the first 15 minutes, when we looked completely clueless, humped the ball forward aimlessly and just seemed to be waiting for QPR to score. The kick-off was just incredible - Colo had no pressure on him, options right and left and yet chose to hump it forward to absolutely no-one. 5 seconds later, QPR almost scored. Looking back to the Villa and Spurs games, and even parts of the match against West Ham last week, we look capable of playing slick, attacking, carpet football. But yes, I am now starting to believe that our mentality is safety first, defensive stuff that simply invites pressure back onto us, again and again and again.

Quite strange that you would change your mind about him based on today.

Guest Dontooner

Freaking Morons Dumber than cows roaming all over the streets today...........

Pardew is a loser so goes to those who defend him.

Guest neesy111

In terms of league position, the Europa League had no effect on Stoke at all. In fact it rarely does to any team.

Exactly.  Stoke's form every season has crashed towards the end of it, Europe or not.

If you're a player and you hear those comments, you'd want to leave immediately.

I hope media outlets pick up on those comments because the world needs to know about this piece of scum.

Exactly - although he has sucked the life out of all of them none of them will care...the best ones will be off.

Come little creative, skillful geflings and watch my tactics video..

http://www.bookmice.net/darkchilde/dark/dcm/947.jpg

Sissoko after the Southampton game

As for the media, you would hope so but he is still a cockney lovee, they smell the blood but they won't stick the knife in. Besides him staying here means more instability for us, its win win for the media.

Ignoring the 4-0 thing completely, how can that NOT be his genuine opinion about the Europa League when he's been blaming it for our shite form and injuries all season?

I think he probably is genuinely pleased about not having to deal with the Europa League again. Quite a few managers probably share this opinion, but most are sensible enough not to say anything in public. Many pundits say that it is an unnecessary burden.

I don't think it means he will actively try not to qualify in future though, that would be ridiculous.

I've got:

Alan Pardew

Harry Redknapp

Not sure I can name them specifically, as I said they wouldn't say it in public . A few managers of a club who doesn't have a big enough squad to guarantee success in both competitions probably. Jol? Pulis?

I know, as I said I don't have quotes to hand. But I don't think it's unfair to say that managers like that would consider the Europa League an unwanted burden on their squads.

So explain Stoke's form this season without the EL then?  Jol hasn't been in Europe with Fulham.  You're making things up.

I don't know what you're asking? You've reversed the logic - I'm not saying any club that has a bad season can blame Europe. I'm not even saying Europe is the main reason for our bad season.

I'm saying that many managers of mid table clubs probably consider it a burden on their squads, and pundits seem to agree.

Not really sure why this is a hard thing to accept, it's common knowledge. Obviously must managers wouldn't make such a direct statement about it, but I'm factoring in his relief at staying up.

If any of that is the case then that encapsulates everything that is wrong with football. I guess we should appreciate Pardew for his honesty :lol: He's an idiot for voicing it and this is without considering how terrible is at his job.

I want Pardew gone but the way people read into everything he says is really pathetic.

We know the guys not up to it, there's no need to nail him to a cross IMO.

Aye, it's our fault.

Are you braindead?

Pardew is to blame for our season, fullstop. Has nothing to do with what I said.

You're saying we're reading too much into it :lol: He actually said those words, we didn't.

He's been talking shit all season but only since Sunderland has it become an issue.

He's a shit manager, that's the important thing,  not the shite he spouts. Most managers do that.

I want Pardew gone but the way people read into everything he says is really pathetic.

We know the guys not up to it, there's no need to nail him to a cross IMO.

Aye, it's our fault.

Are you braindead?

Pardew is to blame for our season, fullstop. Has nothing to do with what I said.

You're saying we're reading too much into it :lol: He actually said those words, we didn't.

He's been talking shit all season but only since Sunderland has it become an issue.

He's a shit manager, that's the important thing,  not the shite he spouts. Most managers do that.

Exactly.

I've got:

Alan Pardew

Harry Redknapp

So explain Stoke's form this season without the EL then?  Jol hasn't been in Europe with Fulham.  You're making things up.

I don't know what you're asking? You've reversed the logic - I'm not saying any club that has a bad season can blame Europe. I'm not even saying Europe is the main reason for our bad season.

I'm saying that many managers of mid table clubs probably consider it a burden on their squads, and pundits seem to agree.

Not really sure why this is a hard thing to accept, it's common knowledge. Obviously must managers wouldn't make such a direct statement about it, but I'm factoring in his relief at staying up.

If any of that is the case then that encapsulates everything that is wrong with football. I guess we should appreciate Pardew for his honesty :lol: He's an idiot for voicing it and this is without considering how terrible is at his job.

It does point to what is wrong with football for sure. It should be possible for many more teams to compete for the league for example, but it isn't because of money.