Alan Pardew

Mike

We should be aiming for 1st not 7th.  7th would be ok.  10th would be s*** but acceptable as long as there are signs of progress.

Thats my view.

We should aim for a sugar daddy / Russian Billionaire / anyone in Arab.

We should aim for the moon so if we miss, at least we're among the stars <3

We should be aiming for 1st not 7th.  7th would be ok.  10th would be s*** but acceptable as long as there are signs of progress.

Thats my view.

Dunno, i'm torn on that.  I like our club the way it is.  Nobody is laying us fat stacks, we do it ourselves.  In the same vein I think George Osbourne and Richard Branson are both twats but I respect Branson a lot more.

Thats my view.

Dunno, i'm torn on that.  I like our club the way it is.  Nobody is laying us fat stacks, we do it ourselves.  In the same vein I think George Osbourne and Richard Branson are both t***s but I respect Branson a lot more.

Been thinking about this today, and things "we do ourselves" has given us mediocre finishes, a relegation, a Europa league finish, and a 16th place finish. What exactly have we done ourselves?

This post is NOT aimed at you loki man, just really wondering about this whole thing. Mind you, I'm a finance person - I've always been fond of our lack of indebtedness to a bank and how we've scouted great young players before others have. I'm just sort of thinking I've fallen into the Ashley trap here.

Guest Phil K

I'm worried about what Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc think of the owner's ambitions. I can't see players like that settling for mid table mediocrity, and rightly so.

How can you blame such decent players wanting away when lumbered with Pardew ?

We CAN'T leave all we can do is boycott. Been done, and thanks to Hughton we came back.

I can see it happening again if (as I expect) we're down at the wrong end again after 12 games next season

The last line in that statement ffs "Affordable".. That is exactly why he's kept his job, because they don't see the difference between entertaining football and scraping a win here and there. Don't get me wrong by the way, I enjoy winning matches just as anyone else, but I want to be proud of my team, come out of games thinking, we deserved that, that was an awesome performance by us today etc but lately, especially this season every win has felt a bit meh.. as we've sneaked a win here and there. Even the Southampton game when we won 4-2 we didn't particular play well and 3/4 of our goals were fortunate. For me I want to aim for as high as possible, but I'd take mid-table next year if our football improved and we showed signs of becoming a proper team that was gelling more with each game.

I'm worried about what Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc think of the owner's ambitions. I can't see players like that settling for mid table mediocrity, and rightly so.

The only way they show ambition without sacking Pardew is sanctioning some really, really early signings of names Ben Arfa, Cabaye etc get excited about.

We signed all Cabaye's mates and he still couldn't be arsed. Fuck what he thinks. He gets paid enough anyway to be professional about his job without pandering to him more.

Thats my view.

Dunno, i'm torn on that.  I like our club the way it is.  Nobody is laying us fat stacks, we do it ourselves.  In the same vein I think George Osbourne and Richard Branson are both t***s but I respect Branson a lot more.

I think it is pretty clear that in EPL only $ can give you a shot for the top3 position. So the best best best position we could aim for is 4th. You have to choose to be either a respectable loser or a Man City type winner. 

EPL is fucking boring nowadays. Things have gone too far.

Thats my view.

Been thinking about this today, and things "we do ourselves" has given us mediocre finishes, a relegation, a Europa league finish, and a 16th place finish. What exactly have we done ourselves?

This post is NOT aimed at you loki man, just really wondering about this whole thing. Mind you, I'm a finance person - I've always been fond of our lack of indebtedness to a bank and how we've scouted great young players before others have. I'm just sort of thinking I've fallen into the Ashley trap here.

I went to uni in newcastle way back when.  I worked 30 hours a week to pay my rent, tuition etc.  Missed loads of classes due to work but I still got my degree, I didn't have any other choice.  The guy I was living with was studying law and his father was a lawyer.  His parents were divorced so he never had to work a day the whole 4 years.  He got full grants, full loans and a generous allowance each month from his dad.

His degree is worth no more than mine in the real world.  Even to him, his degree is worth just as much as mine, as it should be, but you're damn fucking straight I worked harder for it and that does give me some pride.

Thats my view.

I went to uni in newcastle way back when.  I worked 30 hours a week to pay my rent, tuition etc.  Missed loads of classes due to work but I still got my degree, I didn't have any other choice.  The guy I was living with was studying law and his father was a lawyer.  His parents were divorced so he never had to work a day the whole 4 years.  He got full grants, full loans and a generous allowance each month from his dad.

His degree is worth no more than mine in the real world.  Even to him, his degree is worth just as much as mine, as it should be, but you're damn f***ing straight I worked harder for it and that does give me some pride.

Was wondering where you were going with the story, but nicely done at the end. I feel you man. :thup:

So far we've been able to predict Pardew and how he will do by looking at his career. Starts ok/well drifts into a shitstorm before getting sacked....well we're sailing freehand now as nobody has been deranged enough to let him carry on after the shite before.

Be interesting to see how many renew ST's. Can see sub 50k for most games again next season.

Long term stability might work with Ferguson (the best you can get) and fuck loads of money, not when you have mr pisswank for a manager, a small budget and fuck all ambition.

We've got a manager who actively admits that he doesn't want the club to do anything that would qualify it for Europe.

Think of that.

He doesn't have to qualify for Europe, he has to finish just above mid-table and I'm sure that lack of ambition will be lowered if required.

Disappointing news but I think deep down we all knew he'd be given another shot next season.

Not much to do but hope that he learns from his mistakes and improves. Get a few new faces on the coaching staff and listen to their opinions and ideas. Sincerely hope next season isn't another write off.

Depressing news. This will most probably signal the start of the end of this "hopeful era" with good players coming in and us building a decent squad that could have gone places.

Fucking Alan Pardew. One day we'll get it right.

Guest hatem garrincha

We've got a manager who actively admits that he doesn't want the club to do anything that would qualify it for Europe.

Think of that.

He doesn't have to qualify for Europe, he has to finish just above mid-table and I'm sure that lack of ambition will be lowered if required.

If it was mid-table with attractive football at least...

Underwhelmed to say the least. Seems like every time, at least in the recent past, where we've had a chance to make a decision that could really help us kick on, the people in charge have failed.

From the Bowyer summer, to getting rid of Sir Bobby mid-season as opposed to if you're gonna get rid then do it in the summer, to last summer's failure to now this. And those are just a few examples. I'm sure supporters who been around longer than I have could name quite a few more examples.

Here's hoping that I'm wrong about this being another in a list of missed opportunities, but at this moment I just can't see it.