Alan Pardew

Mike

"It's all well and good saying that the set play problem is down to tactics, delivery, whatever. Ultimately you need (players of) six-foot four (inches) to go and head it in, or at least make first contact.

"We haven't had that all year and it means all our wins have been one-goal wins, apart from Wigan and Southampton."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130529/pardew-wants-dominant-defensive-threat_2281670_3194452

Bit more season review context.

:lol: Do other managers ever spout this kind of bullshit? Was talking to some fans of other clubs past couple of weeks and they were rolling around laughing at some of the s*** I was telling them he says.

I think if you analysed other managers' quotes to the extent we do with Pardew, without the audio/video and the context/question, you could generate nearly as many ridiculous quotes. Maybe not the same amount, but not far off. Especially if you only concentrated on managers under pressure or where things were going badly on the pitch.

Any examples?

I've thought of collecting some but I can't be bothered TBH. I'm not saying he doesn't talk shit, he clearly does, but it's not as unprecedented as people like to think (IMO).

I know when I listen to post-match interviews about 75% is total nonsense, deliberately or not.

Don't see how these quotes could be taken out of context at all, unless the question was "Alan, tell us what you don't think your problems at the club are?"

Don't see how these quotes could be taken out of context at all, unless the question was "Alan, tell us what you don't think your problems at the club are?"

The quotes are absolutely appalling, but i'm kind of at the stage now where I hope we bring in the players he talks about and see what other excuses he has up his sleeve. I bet he has a book full of them :lol: but I see no option apart from club backing him and watching him fail.

It's like quotes about persuading Shola to stay - just mental and shows the kind of player he likes, I just hope we find a happy medium where the players we buy are not totally atrocious with ball at their feet.

"It's all well and good saying that the set play problem is down to tactics, delivery, whatever. Ultimately you need (players of) six-foot four (inches) to go and head it in, or at least make first contact.

"We haven't had that all year and it means all our wins have been one-goal wins, apart from Wigan and Southampton."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130529/pardew-wants-dominant-defensive-threat_2281670_3194452

Bit more season review context.

:lol: Do other managers ever spout this kind of bullshit? Was talking to some fans of other clubs past couple of weeks and they were rolling around laughing at some of the s*** I was telling them he says.

I think if you analysed other managers' quotes to the extent we do with Pardew, without the audio/video and the context/question, you could generate nearly as many ridiculous quotes. Maybe not the same amount, but not far off. Especially if you only concentrated on managers under pressure or where things were going badly on the pitch.

If there's to be little (or no) change in Pardew's preparation (for matches:priority given to team shape aimed at nullafying other teams) we may as well approach Pulis, and have him join the coaching ranks as Pardew's no.2.

Very few managers (at least in Britain) coach a rigid, deep-sitting (defensively minded) tactical set-up better than Pulis.

If there's to be little (or no) change in Pardew's preparation (for matches:priority given to team shape aimed at nullafying other teams) we may as well approach Pulis, and have him join the coaching ranks as Pardew's no.2.

Very few managers (at least in Britain) coach a rigid, deep-sitting (defensively minded) tactical set-up better than Pulis.

I said this before (tongue in cheek) but there really is some merit in it. Pulis is probably better at the kind of strategy that, if we're honest, we know AP favours. He could do with some help.

Are you actually serious, or is this just another way to emphasise how much you dislike Pardew?

Pulis as assistant FFS.

:lol: - imagine the sore necks. High kicking football ftw, we would be the best at the hoofy hoof game

christ alls we need is a coach who can teach pardew how to play counter-attacking football effectively...well not teach pardew more usurp him and then take over

pardew could have his safety first approach if he wants, he just needs to adapt it into something effective instead of something limp and impotent as we had last season...and don't anyone bring up the 5th finish as that won't be repeated, i'll bet my fucking house on that

we've a good set of players for a counter-attacking game imo, if coached properly

christ alls we need is a coach who can teach pardew how to play counter-attacking football effectively...well not teach pardew more usurp him and then take over

pardew could have his safety first approach if he wants, he just needs to adapt it into something effective instead of something limp and impotent as we had last season...and don't anyone bring up the 5th finish as that won't be repeated, i'll bet my f***ing house on that

we've a good set of players for a counter-attacking game imo, if coached properly

I think if we had someone other than Jonas on the team we'd actually be a decent possession based side. Not the managers ethos though. He likes going forward quickly rather than the probing approach.

I think this idea that Pardew wants to play crap football (like Pulis) is a bit of a slur to be honest. Fair enough you're not happy with what happened this season but there have certainly been times when we've played good stuff under Pardew. Indeed in the past he's made comments about us wanting to play a more technical passing game and only this week was saying he wants us to play with attacking full backs. Also having tall players isn't necessarily contradictory to playing good football - Bayern's CB pairing last weekend was Dante (6ft 2in) and Boateng (6ft 4in).

pardew could have his safety first approach if he wants, he just needs to adapt it into something effective instead of something limp and impotent as we had last season...and don't anyone bring up the 5th finish as that won't be repeated, i'll bet my f***ing house on that

I think if we had someone other than Jonas on the team we'd actually be a decent possession based side. Not the managers ethos though. He likes going forward quickly rather than the probing approach.

no reason he couldn't have it that way, it'd have to be something he stumbles on rather than develops like

I think this idea that Pardew wants to play crap football (like Pulis) is a bit of a slur to be honest. Fair enough you're not happy with what happened this season but there have certainly been times when we've played good stuff under Pardew. Indeed in the past he's made comments about us wanting to play a more technical passing game and only this week was saying he wants us to play with attacking full backs. Also having tall players isn't necessarily contradictory to playing good football - Bayern's CB pairing last weekend was Dante (6ft 2in) and Boateng (6ft 4in).

:lol:

I agree but I was too scared to post this myself! His style is safety-first and conservative a lot of the time, but I don't think he's a long ball manager or much like Pulis at all.

I agree but I was too scared to post this myself! His style is safety-first and conservative a lot of the time, but I don't think he's a long ball manager or much like Pulis at all.

he doesn't have a style man :lol:  bolded is all he know and favours, football firmly comes second, and as we're seeing if you don't coach good players into playing football as a team they rapidly become a nervous pile of shit and resort to treating the ball like a hot potato