Alan Pardew

Mike

I was just so sick of the constant changes of manager and chaos at the club that I wanted a bit of stability. I didn't anticipate that Ashley would manage to retain Pardew and the chaos would still happen (JFK). I would give him a bit longer, but if I could guarantee that Ashley would appoint someone for actual footballing reasons I couldn't really argue with a sacking.

This for me. :thup:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-star-hatem-ben-arfa-2338985

"In general, if you cut through where we're at, we've got seven points, which is probably mid-table. Our goal difference isn't good and we've shown some inconsistency in games.

"We're not a bad team, but we're not a great team. We need to find out what we are and I think we will settle down and Cardiff is an important game."

:hmm:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-star-hatem-ben-arfa-2338985

"In general, if you cut through where we're at, we've got seven points, which is probably mid-table. Our goal difference isn't good and we've shown some inconsistency in games.

"We're not a bad team, but we're not a great team. We need to find out what we are and I think we will settle down and Cardiff is an important game."

"I can see the frustration of both the players and the fans, but I think the supporter needs to know that on the training ground everyone here is working extremely hard to right the wrongs.

"Nobody is perfect, but I don't think any player would overstep over the white line and think they are not trying to try."

:hmm:

We're 5th bottom again and the stupid bastard thinks we're mid table.

I pray this c*** gets sacked.

On the proviso he's more than adequately replaced I presume?

Which football club has that proviso in it's locker when it's making a decision to sack a manager? Does it only apply to us for some strange reason?

Guest Haris Vuckic

The reason I wear a black and white scarf and push mesel through the turnstile like every other bugger.

Or are you after like for like?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I pray this c*** gets sacked.

On the proviso he's more than adequately replaced I presume?

What a task that'll be.

Who do you think they'll appoint?

Will they succeed in their task?

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm not going to bother with this utter bollocks, mate. No offence.

No bother.

But I can't see them doing any better - without naming names etc etc and going through lists I think we're knacked.

We're a premier league club by rank - yes - but I'd hate to see the painting in the attic, so to speak!

Guest Haris Vuckic

What a load of pretentious blather.

Please expand on your point.

What is untoward or ostentatious? I'm confused - which may be par for the course I suppose.

Still reckon he's got until the end of the year at least. They'll use January to bail us out again if we're doing really really poorly, or more likely blame a lack of signings on the change of manager.

Still reckon he's got until the end of the year at least. They'll use January to bail us out again if we're doing really really poorly, or more likely blame a lack of signings on the change of manager.

I thought that to begin with, but I don't think Ashley will want to spend another chunk of money if he can avoid it. The squad's not perfect but I think we're a decent appointment away from at least comfortable mid-table pushing for top 8 which would suit Ashley to the ground.