Alan Pardew

Mike

The choices of "game of the season" in that Chronicle survey say it all :lol:

LOWLIGHTS more like

Was so tempted to give the club FB/Twitter that treatment from the N-O accounts earlier on, but I think 'Polic's got the ™. 

Just goes to show that this image some of our own fans have of us being this crazy trigger happy club whilst every other manager in the division is like fucking Kim il Sung, even death can't get rid of them, is complete and utter horse shit. Clubs sack managers who aren't doing their job properly. That's football.

On that note, pissed me off listening to Total Sport tonight, fucking Gabbiadini saying "we'd have gone down under O'Neill", of course you would you fucking tool, everyone knew he was only taking you one way but two months ago you were preaching "more time, more time" and guess what, whenever a Newcastle fan comes on about Pardew, you tell him "more time, more time". When it comes to managers, all "pundits" are a pathetic waste of time. You never ever hear someone say "he needs sacking" yet as soon as they are they're bigging up the new man.

Just goes to show that this image some of our own fans have of us being this crazy trigger happy club whilst every other manager in the division is like fucking Kim il Sung, even death can't get rid of them, is complete and utter horse shit. Clubs sack managers who aren't doing their job properly. That's football.

On that note, pissed me off listening to Total Sport tonight, fucking Gabbiadini saying "we'd have gone down under O'Neill", of course you would you fucking tool, everyone knew he was only taking you one way but two months ago you were preaching "more time, more time" and guess what, whenever a Newcastle fan comes on about Pardew, you tell him "more time, more time". When it comes to managers, all "pundits" are a pathetic waste of time. You never ever hear someone say "he needs sacking" yet as soon they are they're bigging up the new man.

It's a boys club innit? Nature of the beast.

On that note, pissed me off listening to Total Sport tonight, fucking Gabbiadini saying "we'd have gone down under O'Neill", of course you would you fucking tool, everyone knew he was only taking you one way but two months ago you were preaching "more time, more time" and guess what, whenever a Newcastle fan comes on about Pardew, you tell him "more time, more time". When it comes to managers, all "pundits" are a pathetic waste of time. You never ever hear someone say "he needs sacking" yet as soon they are they're bigging up the new man.

Aye. Too worried about upsetting their paymasters, particularly on BBC Newcastle with their commentary deal. Back in the day, for all we laugh at them being so outdated, the 3 Legends bucked that trend in a big way. Eric Gates was banned from the mackems for years for calling Berb Murray worse than shite.

Guest firetotheworks

The choices of "game of the season" in that Chronicle survey say it all :lol:

LOWLIGHTS more like

Was so tempted to give the club FB/Twitter that treatment from the N-O accounts earlier on, but I think 'Polic's got the ™.

:lol:

Exactly what I did as well.

On that note, pissed me off listening to Total Sport tonight, fucking Gabbiadini saying "we'd have gone down under O'Neill", of course you would you fucking tool, everyone knew he was only taking you one way but two months ago you were preaching "more time, more time" and guess what, whenever a Newcastle fan comes on about Pardew, you tell him "more time, more time". When it comes to managers, all "pundits" are a pathetic waste of time. You never ever hear someone say "he needs sacking" yet as soon as they are they're bigging up the new man.

The amount of media types crying about Mancini going tonight has been hilarious. You know, the ones that write about him being sacked every day.

Aye. Too worried about upsetting their paymasters, particularly on BBC Newcastle with their commentary deal. Back in the day, for all we laugh at them being so outdated, the 3 Legends bucked that trend in a big way. Eric Gates was banned from the mackems for years for calling Berb Murray worse than shite.

To be fair it does appear that Super Mac has gone somewhat rogue this year :laugh:

It's a tough gig though, journalism, far too sycophantic unfortunately. The ones I've known who worked in clubs were treated with absolute disdain by the players/staff.

Peter Beardsley has shown the way in how asslicking pays the bills. At the height of Ashley hate on Tyneside he saw an opportunity to be pro-Ashley and ended up back working for the club in coaching capacity.

Bob Moncur another one who knows who butters his bread so never speaks out in his column in the Chron.

Sometimes you got to lick arse to get on and make the £££'s but for  me it seems such a shame to see two iconic Newcastle United men reduced to this.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/314444/

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew will escape the axe despite narrowly beating the drop.

Pardew, who revealed on Friday he was unsure whether he would be in charge next season, has been assured by club owner Mike Ashley his job is safe.

Newcastle’s 2-1 win at QPR guaranteed Premier League survival.

And Pardew will go into the final game of a rollercoaster campaign at home to Arsenal knowing he still has the backing of Ashley.

He will now press for a substantial transfer budget which allows him to bring in the two strikers he feels are needed to avoid another struggle, plus another two players.

Had the Geordies gone down, he would not have survived despite the security of an eight-year contract awarded just eight months ago. And though he has been told to carry on, there will be a frank exchange of views next week when Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias meet Pardew to run the rule over a disappointing season.

Pardew will be asked to explain his comments last week when he claimed both Ashley and he had under-achieved.

But the Newcastle boss will stick to his guns and is determined to get his message across.

Ashley’s blueprint is to bring in young, value-for-money signings but Pardew believes there needs to be a degree of flexibility.

He wants more experience in a squad which has been found wanting on occasions this season, even if that means recruiting players with little re-sale value.

While he strongly denies a split between the nine-strong French contingent and the rest, Pardew recently admitted the club’s policy of concentrating on the market in France needs to be reviewed.

He also wants Fabricio Coloccini’s situation resolved as soon as possible with the Argentine understood to be keen to return to his homeland for personal reasons.

Despite this season’s problems, Pardew remains adamant that a chronic injury list has been at the heart of Newcastle’s slide.

With Rob Elliot suspended, 38-year-old Steve Harper will bring down the curtain on his 20-year Newcastle career against Arsenal, his 198th appearance for the club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10055060/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-must-set-out-how-Premier-League-survivors-can-improve-next-season.html

Alan Pardew has been told to prepare a plan detailing how he intends to solve Newcastle United’s problems ahead of a meeting with owner Mike Ashley next week.

Pardew has told those close to him that he is confident he will remain as manager as he has a strong relationship with both Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias, despite a disappointing season during which Newcastle United only guaranteed their place in the top flight with a 2-1 win over Queens Park Rangers last weekend.

Although Newcastle reached the quarter-finals of the Europa League, where they were a little unfortunate to lose to Benfica, a poor Premier League season was compounded by early exits in both the League and FA Cups.

That had led to mounting criticism of the Newcastle boss, but Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias are willing to listen to his reasons for failing to build on last season’s highly impressive fifth-place finish.

It has been a tough few months for everyone associated with the club, but having given the 51-year-old an eight-year contract last September, there is a willingness to give him a chance to prove he can still establish Newcastle as a consistent top-eight Premier League side. However, a final decision on Pardew’s future will not be made until after those discussions have taken place.

Pardew has already hinted he would like to bring more Premier League experience to the club rather than just rely on foreign imports. Newcastle spent heavily in the January transfer window to sign five players from France, who have so far adapted to English football with mixed results.

Guest bimpy474

That telegraph story again sums things up for me. Not one mention of the way we play, the main reason we have had such an awful season.

He can buy English all he likes, if he continues with the same tactics it wont change a thing.

One of the longest serving managers in history has retired. One of the longest serving in PL history has moved to take over from him. 3 teams are being relegated out of the league so if we appointed someone new today he'd be longer serving than a quarter of the league immediately ffs. 

Let's not make out 2 years is some kind of outrageous dedication. He's not finished lower than 12th yet has he?  Don't think anyone under ashley before Pardew had finished above 12th.

If we keep him, I'll be fuming. The signs are starting to point to it, though.

I agree that we need Prem experience though, just dont trust Pardew with any aspect of my football club. Prick.

Don't think anyone under ashley before Pardew had finished above 12th.

No one under Ashley had a team full of internationals to pick from and in some cases on the bench too.... its not just about results.

Its the mere fact Pardew is tactically not good enough and as a coach inept for the type of players we have.

If anyone thinks it will change and we will suddenly see football that is suited to the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa then you are very delusional.

I don't know about you but i'd like to keep our best players and if Pardew stays they will all leave and we will go back to having average crap like Carroll.

But i suppose that is what you all want isn't it? English grit and steel? no need to buy quality players when we can try really hard and be average.

I see everyone talks about results which have been god awful but aside from that no one mentions that Pardew is a mess tactically and coaching wise and that will NEVER change.

Inb4 Ferguson, Moyes and stability.