Alan Pardew

Mike

Re the corners argument, I know our record is woeful, but can't ever remember it being good.

As this thread went into stats overload does anyone know what is the average number of goals from corners per season and which teams are better than others ?

Managers can learn from their mistakes but they don't change their mentality, if Pardew got better tactically next year he'll still be a spineless coward that'll set us up to defend in the second half if we have the lead.

Of course you can. Moyes has been far more attacking and trying to impose Everton's game on bigger teams (whilst still preparing to fight the opponents main strengths) than before this season. Since, the Liverpool SF final defeat.

Guest neesy111

Dunno about per team, but one of them opta twitter accounts said only 3% of corners this year resulted in goals.

Thats it then. I'm never getting excited about a corner again.

Still it's been like 300 corners since we last scored hasn't it.  3% = 9 goals we should of had since then by law of averages.

Reading between the lines of that he's definitely gone IMO.

Disagree, the statement will be along the lines of how disappointed they are with the season, but that that they believe in stability and Pardew has earned one more chance.

Dunno about per team, but one of them opta twitter accounts said only 3% of corners this year resulted in goals.

Thats it then. I'm never getting excited about a corner again.

:lol:

I always laugh at it when at the match.  Every single corner there's the sense of optimism, "come onnnn"" ... "howayyy" etc, before the balls even placed next to the corner flag everyone around my seat is like :okay:

Guest taps01

Our percentage obviously brought the average down drastically!

Disagree, the statement will be along the lines of how disappointed they are with the season, but that that they believe in stability and Pardew has earned one more chance.

I was joking like, we'll see though.  Could go either way, nobody knows what the nutter running the show is thinking.

That sentence makes my skin crawl.

I was joking like, we'll see though.  Could go either way, nobody knows what the nutter running the show is thinking.

Fair enough :thup:

He really needs to get sacked, going to be so fucking depressing going into the new season with him in charge. Here's hoping Stoke fancy him to take over after Pulis and pay us to get rid of him.

I don't think it would be an awful idea for them to say that he's our manager and will be backed into the new season. It'd shut the papers up until a few games into the season at least.

I don't think it would be an awful idea for them to say that he's our manager and will be backed into the new season. It'd shut the papers up until a few games into the season at least.

They'll have to stop speculating after this meeting anyway I guess, but you're right.

I think he would have been sacked by now if he was going to be. He's in charge for at least the start of 2013/14. So we can effectively write next season off, great :(

It's started already :lol:

“We’re one of those clubs where we’re liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“You can’t keep a player who doesn’t want to stay.

“Having said that, it’s going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it’s a serious or big bid.”

I'd love to know why he does this every window. Same exact speech every time too.

“We’re one of those clubs where we’re liable to lose one of our great players to a Champions League team through finance and sometimes the will of the player,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“Having said that, it’s going to be very difficult for any club to get a player out of here unless it’s a serious or big bid.”

I'd love to know why he does this every window. Same exact speech every time too.

This I agree with you on 100%. Stupid thing to say.

Guest bimpy474

This I agree with you on 100%. Stupid thing to say.

And this shit is why the media love him, he just can't shut up.

Managing and lowering expectations of morons that lap this up and think we need to sell all the time.