Alan Pardew

Mike

I was talking to my brother, saying I would rather Pardew remain in charge as the alternative atm is 10x worse, his response: "but thats like deciding if you want Aids or Cancer" :lol:

Guest hobshobs

Good comment from the Scottish Mags website:

No matter how this one gets dressed up by the club, this is demotion and humiliation for Alan Pardew. It is no secret that the vast majority of fans want Alan Pardew out and the need to appoint Joe Kinnear looks to equate to Mike Ashley accepting that the manager isn't up to the job. Hopefully, Joe Kinnear will start by telling the manager that Jonas Gutierrez is not worthy of a starting place every week, that Shola Ameobi should not be given another contract extension, that Papiss Cisse should not be played on the wing, that Gabriel Obertan has done nothing to warrant being anywhere near the first team and so on and so on.

Earlier this month Kevin Keegan stated that Newcastle United had no interest for him until Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias left. One wonders if our owner and managing director are aware, or indeed care, that the number of fans who now share similar sentiments in relation to Alan Pardew has reached unhealthy levels. Morale is at an all time low and with Alan Pardew, according to Joe Kinnear, retaining control of selection and tactics, the situation doesn't look like improving much, if at all.

What the appointment of Joe Kinnear really says, is that the club hierarchy don't have faith in Alan Pardew to manage, recruit or make the correct decisions on his own. Starting elevens, formations, tactics, excuse laden press conferences, in fact virtually anything Alan Pardew was involved in last season, was an embarrassment. The admission that he actually needs guidance in the basics of football management, is proof that once again, all is not as it should be at Newcastle United Football Club.

Guest bimpy474

Keep thinking of this article from May with regards to Pardew's contract:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2320978/Mike-Ashley-pay-Alan-Pardew-10m-sacks-Newcastle-manager-year-deal-Charles-Sale.html

One of the only journalists going against the grain of the contract being littered with clauses, but a reputable journalist who is usually well informed.

I remember scoffing at the idea that Ashley would be daft enough to not put clauses in, but I've had my fingers burnt thinking "Ashley's not daft" too many times now.

There is no way on earth that Pardew is on £1.5m a year, that's why that story is bullshit imo.

Good comment from the Scottish Mags website:

No matter how this one gets dressed up by the club, this is demotion and humiliation for Alan Pardew. It is no secret that the vast majority of fans want Alan Pardew out and the need to appoint Joe Kinnear looks to equate to Mike Ashley accepting that the manager isn't up to the job. Hopefully, Joe Kinnear will start by telling the manager that Jonas Gutierrez is not worthy of a starting place every week, that Shola Ameobi should not be given another contract extension, that Papiss Cisse should not be played on the wing, that Gabriel Obertan has done nothing to warrant being anywhere near the first team and so on and so on.

Earlier this month Kevin Keegan stated that Newcastle United had no interest for him until Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias left. One wonders if our owner and managing director are aware, or indeed care, that the number of fans who now share similar sentiments in relation to Alan Pardew has reached unhealthy levels. Morale is at an all time low and with Alan Pardew, according to Joe Kinnear, retaining control of selection and tactics, the situation doesn't look like improving much, if at all.

What the appointment of Joe Kinnear really says, is that the club hierarchy don't have faith in Alan Pardew to manage, recruit or make the correct decisions on his own. Starting elevens, formations, tactics, excuse laden press conferences, in fact virtually anything Alan Pardew was involved in last season, was an embarrassment. The admission that he actually needs guidance in the basics of football management, is proof that once again, all is not as it should be at Newcastle United Football Club.

Nope.

We should all be rooting for him to stay now really.

No  :lol:

Pardew could be here another 7 years, kinnear won't be here 7 months, 7 weeks if he takes on the managers role.

I don't want either here, Pardew going looks possible now, before this week I assumed he was here forever.

Guest neesy111

He really had grounds to quit ala Keegan and sue Ashley imo now.

Better case if he works with JFK for a few weeks and then walks.

True. Needs to work with him a bit to show it was bad. Otherwise it would be classed as opinion without the facts.

Kinnear has already lied about talking to him etc.

True. Needs to work with him a bit to show it was bad. Otherwise it would be classed as opinion without the facts.

Plus it will only take him about a week with Joe to collect a diary full of reasons his job has become impossible.

Reet Alan, time to make amends for last season. You're out of a job anyway, blow them all out into the open please.

(Won't even be able to do that with the clauses in his contract. They can probably sue him for disclosure.)

Kinnear has already lied about talking to him etc.

Plus it will only take him about a week with Joe to collect a diary full of reasons his job has become impossible.

A week? One fucking phone call, or conversation, should do it based on his couple of rants so far this week!

I didn't think he would, but I bet he's close now. The 5th place will get him a good championship job at least.

Probably Premier League IMO. Fifth placed finish and 'mitigating circumstances' (injuries/Europa etc) which will be swallowed gratefully by prospective new employers.

I didn't think he would, but I bet he's close now. The 5th place will get him a good championship job at least.

Probably Premier League IMO. Fifth placed finish and 'mitigating circumstances' (injuries/Europa etc) which will be swallowed gratefully by prospective new employers.

His stock is only going to fall from here like.