Alan Pardew

Mike

There's a thread for lies from Twitter. xx

is that so nobody satoon doesnt have a tantrum?

Missed out the N. I won't do, Day 3 of quitting tabs, I was edgy last night. Not so much today

wonder if pards will use that one. :D

United For Newcastle ‏@UtdForNewcastle 2m

@NUFCThreatLevel Wasn't on the radio. Its come from some text from a guy is drinking w/ him. Supposedly Pardew told he was gone after derby.

Retweeted by NUFCThreatLevel

Don't do that. That sort of thing stacks up too logically. You're just going to get people's hopes up. :hmm:

Haven't seen these quotes before. From The Mirror's crushing match report.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-0-6-liverpool-fall-fall-1858432

And asked if he expected to be sacked, Pardew said: “That is out of my hands, isn’t it? My job, until I am told otherwise, is to lift this team and make it as good as it can be for next week’s game against West Ham.”

Asked if Ashley still backed him, Pardew added: “I hope so, yes. I think that’s the ­heaviest defeat I have had as a manager.

“For me there were a lot of things I didn’t like but will make sure we put it right.

“I have no problem getting the flak.”

@NUFCThreatLevel Wasn't on the radio. Its come from some text from a guy is drinking w/ him. Supposedly Pardew told he was gone after derby.

Don't do that. That sort of thing stacks up too logically. You're just going to get people's hopes up. :hmm:

Mike Ashley's guide to derbies: Win 5-1? You're sacked. Lose 3-0? You're sacked. Anything in between? You're probably sacked.

Mike Ashley's guide to derbies: Win 5-1? You're sacked. Lose 3-0? You're sacked. Anything in between? You're probably sacked.

I can't honestly see Pardew being sacked. :dontknow:

:lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/28/newcastle-united-liverpool-premier-league-alan-pardew

When Yohan Cabaye fell to the floor at Saturday's final whistle it seemed emblematic of Newcastle's woes. The influential France midfielder is a brainy footballer capable of brilliance but he barely got a touch against Liverpool and looks burnt out.

Exhausted by both the Europa League and a raft of injuries, too many of Pardew's players are running on empty. Others, meanwhile, have switched off and mentally decamped to warm beaches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316160/Alan-Pardew-fight-Newcastle-boss-despite-mauling-Liverpool.html

What was the point in agreeing the unheard of eight-year deal with Pardew if is to be ripped up within eight months? Even by his controversial standards, that would make no sense.

Injuries have hit Newcastle harder than most teams in this campaign and at the root of the club’s problem could be the French players who were actually signed as the solution to help Newcastle’s fragile squad as it tried to cope with the return to Europe.

The spine of last season’s side has rarely played together and inexperienced players have covered for the likes of Fabricio Coloccini and Hatem Ben Arfa, who are not fully match fit yet. In addition, Yohan Cabaye’s injuries have caught up with him recently and who knows what has happened to Cheick Tiote and Jonas Gutierrez.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/28/newcastle-united-liverpool-premier-league-alan-pardew

When Yohan Cabaye fell to the floor at Saturday's final whistle it seemed emblematic of Newcastle's woes. The influential France midfielder is a brainy footballer capable of brilliance but he barely got a touch against Liverpool and looks burnt out.

Exhausted by both the Europa League and a raft of injuries, too many of Pardew's players are running on empty. Others, meanwhile, have switched off and mentally decamped to warm beaches.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2316160/Alan-Pardew-fight-Newcastle-boss-despite-mauling-Liverpool.html

What was the point in agreeing the unheard of eight-year deal with Pardew if is to be ripped up within eight months? Even by his controversial standards, that would make no sense.

Injuries have hit Newcastle harder than most teams in this campaign and at the root of the club’s problem could be the French players who were actually signed as the solution to help Newcastle’s fragile squad as it tried to cope with the return to Europe.

The spine of last season’s side has rarely played together and inexperienced players have covered for the likes of Fabricio Coloccini and Hatem Ben Arfa, who are not fully match fit yet. In addition, Yohan Cabaye’s injuries have caught up with him recently and who knows what has happened to Cheick Tiote and Jonas Gutierrez.

They really don't watch us do they.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10024024/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-accepts-blame-for-abject-display-following-thrashing-by-Liverpool.html

There is genuine support for Pardew in the boardroom. Managing Director Derek Llambias remains convinced he is a good manager having a bad spell, but owner Mike Ashley is less attached, far less impressed by the team’s decline and he has the final say on everything.

Ashley had to be persuaded to spend more than £17 million in the January transfer window on five players from France, as well as several million more in agent and signing on fees. He spent that money to avoid being sucked into the relegation quicksand. Yet three months later, Newcastle are waist deep and sinking.

The club lost £500,000 a week when in the Championship four years ago. Pardew can still rescue them from relegation and financial meltdown, but two of Newcastle’s remaining three fixtures are away from home and they have only won once on the road this season. Their final home game of the season is against Champions League-chasing Arsenal.

To cling on to his job, Pardew needs his players to fight for him; show they still believe in him and respond to his instructions. At the core of his team are seven French players. They are all talented, but if there is one consistent criticism of Gallic sportsmen it is they lack mental strength and quickly lose heart when things go badly. Those national stereotypes seemed all too fitting as Liverpool tore them to shreds.

Pardew knows he is in trouble, but he can only hope his previous achievements mean he can limp over the line this season, rejuvenate over the summer and rehabilitate at the start of next term.

“That is out of my hands,” he replied when asked whether he feared the sack. “My job is to make sure, until I am told otherwise, to lift this team and get this team as good as it can be for next week and that is what I will do. Of course I am angry, that is my heaviest defeat as a manager, but I have to channel that anger in the right way. The only way I can get that right is next week and make sure I have a team that enters the pitch at West Ham confident it is going to win.

Pardew is not in any imminent danger of the sack given there are only three games to play, but his position is likely to be reviewed in the summer.