Alan Pardew

Mike

Posted this in the Cabaye thread as well

MANAGER REACTION - Newcastle 1-0 Fulham

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew on whether Yohan Cabaye is staying after appearing for the first time this season against Fulham: "It doesn't mean he's staying because the window is staying open until 11pm on Monday. It's a worry and we've marked his agent's card that if he wants to do business then he should do it early.

"The fans got it right, it was a mixed reaction, some were saying Newcastle comes first and others welcoming him because he's a great player."

Fucking early?? Utter prick.

Assuming they're all available, he absolutely must start the team that finished this game in the next match. If Tiote and them walk back in he wants shooting.

I think it'd be a bit harsh to drop Anita for Cabaye after the last two games like.

Don't want to seem like a grump on a good day, but the decision to start Shola against Fulham was next going to work. I saw Hangelaand put Carroll in his pocket a couple of seasons ago so Shola was never going to get much change out of him.

Guest neesy111

Posted this in the Cabaye thread as well

MANAGER REACTION - Newcastle 1-0 Fulham

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew on whether Yohan Cabaye is staying after appearing for the first time this season against Fulham: "It doesn't mean he's staying because the window is staying open until 11pm on Monday. It's a worry and we've marked his agent's card that if he wants to do business then he should do it early.

"The fans got it right, it was a mixed reaction, some were saying Newcastle comes first and others welcoming him because he's a great player."

Fucking early?? Utter prick.

Jesus wept.

Yep the Shola decision aside it was the right team and left us with quality in reserve with Remy. From the first few mins you could tell it was much better than we've seen so far this season and only the fact we had a static Shola and Cisse first half stopped us creating much. Game begin to drift as we looked toothless upfront again but fair play for the positive subs and take the game to a quite frankly ultra negative Fulham side who didnt deserve any points.

I do fear he will throw Jonas and Tiote back in if they are fit against Villa as it's an away game. It would be a big mistake because I really like the look of Anita and Sissoko as a partnership in the middle. Steven Taylor made a comment before the game about how they played great against west ham and deserve to keep the shirt, they played even better today so hope that continues. Mapou aswell.

Gomis in and Shola out and I'm positive about the season finally.

Think that's about the best thing he's said in a long time. Perfect way to call the situation and his return.

Assuming they're all available, he absolutely must start the team that finished this game in the next match. If Tiote and them walk back in he wants shooting.

I think it'd be a bit harsh to drop Anita for Cabaye after the last two games like.

So do I, I'd prefer to see our starting 11, minus Shola.

Think that's about the best thing he's said in a long time. Perfect way to call the situation and his return.

He generally seems to have good understanding of these 'people' issues.

I don't even understand it.

Credit to the changes he made, sure the magic probably got us the 3 points but the defense looked settled and much calmer. Could that have been a product of how poor Fulham were or how strong we were in defense? Argue both to be honest.

Play that eleven that finished, like many have said -- stop the defeatist bull s*** mentality and get that confidence/swagger back, and we should be winning more matches than not.

Guest neesy111

Odd timing for these kind of posts like, he did well today. We played it around well.

No that's your opinion.  I'd say we only started playing well after the subs we made.

In seriousness, we played it out from the back all day today & linked it well in midfield constantly. You cant slate him when we play it long and then ignore any beneficial change in style of play placing the improvement purely at different players playing. It was both.

Odd timing for these kind of posts like, he did well today. We played it around well.

Odd post.

Despite him starting Shola again, then having to fix his mistake 64 minutes in?

Sure, I'm f***ing chuffed and we did play well but I'm not sure this excuses him for the utter turd he's been dishing up.

Guest neesy111

In seriousness, we played it out from the back all day today & linked it well in midfield constantly. You cant slate him when we play it long and then ignore any beneficial change in style of play placing the improvement purely at different players playing. It was both.

We played Fulham at home.  Think about it....

I took that from that quote, also. :thup: And I fecking hate the bastard! :lol:

I like it:

1: fans are right and he's siding with them

2: fans have a right to be pissed (so is he)

3: fans also appreciated his ability (so does he)

4: leaves the door open for him to return

5: media can't make a bigger deal out of it as he's said it was mixed, not trying to hide from it.