Alan Pardew

Mike

Flip you having a bad day man? You're never this negative man!

:lol:

Nah, like I wrote above, I'm extremely happy we won, but it wasn't a perfect performance.

Might be me watching too much Brazil lately though.

Mick is pretty much spot on there. Pardew's hand has been forced and it's worked, but I really don't think he's suddenly developed some tactical algorithm after 2 years that blows everything else he's produced out of the water. He'll probably ride the crest of this wave of form and revert to type. Why do I say that? Because it's what he's done before.

There's been relevant mitigating factors people are happy to ignore so it's a pointless debate.

Some people are almost upset he might be on his way to proving them wrong. Bitter-sweet for the boo boys...

That's absolute horseshit. I think the first people to criticize Pardew would also be the first ones to love seeing him succeed. But I'm with Mick, he got forced to play this team and we looked better. Still doesn't take away the fact he started Shola last week.

He wasn't 'forced' to play any team. Utter nonsense as per.

He selected a team that nullified Villa and played some good stuff. Nothing ground-breaking but he and the team deserve credit.

Tell me this, if Jonas wasn't injured would he have played Jonas or not? I bet you even Shola would've started had he been fit.

As for Haris Vukcic post above,

I'm on the other side of your argument and won't really discuss it you now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'd guess he probably wouldn't have played Jonas. I am not 100% sure, but I'm not going to criticise Pardew for an imaginary scenario in my bonce.

He's made positive selections in the last two matches. If you wish to focus on negative ifs and buts, fair enough, but please be aware that your patter is highly depressing.

I gave him credit for today, I'm just questioning some people on here for thinking it was a perfect perfomance by us. We won, and I'm happy as fuck we got the three points.

You also stated he was 'forced' to pick the team he did today and then made up possible scenarios in order to criticise him. Tripe from start to finish.

Mick is pretty much spot on there. Pardew's hand has been forced and it's worked, but I really don't think he's suddenly developed some tactical algorithm after 2 years that blows everything else he's produced out of the water. He'll probably ride the crest of this wave of form and revert to type. Why do I say that? Because it's what he's done before.

There's been relevant mitigating factors people are happy to ignore so it's a pointless debate.

Some people are almost upset he might be on his way to proving them wrong. Bitter-sweet for the boo boys...

That's absolute horseshit. I think the first people to criticize Pardew would also be the first ones to love seeing him succeed. But I'm with Mick, he got forced to play this team and we looked better. Still doesn't take away the fact he started Shola last week.

He selected a team that nullified Villa and played some good stuff. Nothing ground-breaking but he and the team deserve credit.

Tell me this, if Jonas wasn't injured would he have played Jonas or not? I bet you even Shola would've started had he been fit.

I'm on the other side of your argument and won't really discuss it you now. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I'd guess he probably wouldn't have played Jonas. I am not 100% sure, but I'm not going to criticise Pardew for an imaginary scenario in my bonce.

He's made positive selections in the last two matches. If you wish to focus on negative ifs and buts, fair enough, but please be aware that your patter is highly depressing.

I gave him credit for today, I'm just questioning some people on here for thinking it was a perfect perfomance by us. We won, and I'm happy as f*** we got the three points.

You also stated he was 'forced' to pick the team he did today and then made up possible scenarios in order to criticise him. Tripe from start to finish.

Tripe, I'm just stating that based on facts from the beginning of this season and last. He chose Shola just before the int. break man, wtf. Shola in the Premier Leauge...

Nobody put a gun to his head and forced him so in that way you're right.  Other than that he was forced to play that side in as much as players have come into the team when he was forced to play them.  They have come in and done a good job and he had more to lose by reverting to type after we'd played well against Fulham and he would know he'd get slaughtered if it went wrong.

I think you'll find a lot of the 'boo-boys' don't form a new opinion after every single result. I would say everyone is happy he got it right today and I'm not seeing any evidence to contradict that so actually it would seem you are the one desperate to be proven right.

I think you'll find a lot of the 'boo-boys' don't form a new opinion after every single result. I would say everyone is happy he got it right today and I'm not seeing any evidence to contradict that so actually it would seem you are the one desperate to be proven right.

:thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't need to be proven right. I possess common sense and a reasonable knowledge of the game along with it's economics.

I'm fairly happy. :)

I'm sure he'll be happy the squad has a got a few players that can compete for positions.

Taylor, Tiote, Marveaux, Sammy, Dummet/Haidara, Jonas.

As others have said, Cisse needs to feel his place is under threat too.

That will all be a big help to Pardew. Will make his job easier.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I gave him credit for today, I'm just questioning some people on here for thinking it was a perfect perfomance by us. We won, and I'm happy as f*** we got the three points.

Tripe, I'm just stating that based on facts from the beginning of this season and last. He chose Shola just before the int. break man, wtf. Shola in the Premier Leauge...

Why just last season Flippo?

Because I've written far too much on the season before where I predicted exactly what happened last season. :pow:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Because I've written far too much on the season before where I predicted exactly what happened last season. :pow:

Did you predict the injuries caused by the small squad - twice as many days lost to injury as ANY other premier league team?

Good shout.

Guest Geordiesned

Quite a few people competing for most short sighted, generally thick as mince poster if the year at the moment.

You win.  :lol:

Feck off! :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Quite a few people competing for most short sighted, generally thick as mince poster if the year at the moment.

You win.  :lol:

Feck off! :lol:

Sorry :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Did you predict the injuries caused by the small squad - twice as many days lost to injury as ANY other premier league team?

Good shout.

Aye, we only lost because of injuries.

Where did I say that?

There were numerous contributing factors to our poor performance but I think the catalyst was awful, awful summer window leaving the manager with a squad not fit for purpose.