Alan Pardew

Mike

I don't get why Cabaye keeps getting put in an attacking midfield position, like.

I think it's the genuine lack of options tbh.

...or because its his best position maybe ?

He's not all that great in the tackle and forever mistiming them and giving away freekicks etc. However he really does have a great shot and eye for goal and is a very good passer of the ball ! Attacking midfielder is clearly his best position !

It's really not  :)

People go on about this 4-3-3 as if it was a well practised formation we're used to getting results with. It worked against Villa, that's it!

Have no idea what could get us working, none at all. We could try this i suppose. Lacks width though but seeing as we don't use that well anyway may not matter much...

..........................Back 5........................

........Sissoko......Cabaye.......Anita...........

.................HBA...........Marveaux.............

..........................Remy...........................

Feliz Natal!

If they sack him it wont be long till we're on the next guys back. (I don't think Kinnear will get the job)

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

What do you base that on? I don't recall anyone being on Keegan's back or Hughton's, because they were doing a decent job.

I was on Hughton's back a fair bit like, never thought he was good enough for us like and we should be looking to upgrade even though he did an excellent job in championship.

So you were on Hughton's back despite the fact he got us promoted and finishing in a very respectable position in the premier first time round, yet you have a problem with people having a go at Pardew?

Have i said i have a problem with it? Just because I’ll voice an opinion against someone elses doesn’t mean to say I have a problem with them. I've always said i do understand why people hate Pardew but personally i'm just backing him to turn it around because he has the players to do so rather than I actually think he is any good. Along with the fact after I thought Ashley did the right think in binning CH, he followed it up with a disastrous appointment and don’t trust him again to make a good judgement call especially now with Kinnear doing the advising.

I thought Hughton did his job, got us back in the prem but never felt he could take us any further, thought we should have upgraded but we didn't, rather just side stepped.

After this post Brett i can't take you all that seriously  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

We've definitely had a lot worse than Pardew: Alladyce, Gullit, Souness, Roeder etc were all terrible for us and Daglish really dragged us down too. So i wouldn't sack him unless we were 100% sure we had a very good replacement lined up which i really doubt we have

Hughton was brilliant for us considering the circumstances and i disagreed with his sacking then and now. Norwich finished above us last season with far inferior players which says it all really. I do wonder what Hughton could do with our lot now and i am sure he'd be better than Pardew.

I think Pardew is on a level with all those you have mentioned. No way was that list you mentioned a lot worse than Pardew.  Not one of those mentioned finished lower in the league than the clem we have in charge now.

If they sack him it wont be long till we're on the next guys back. (I don't think Kinnear will get the job)

Providing the football and results improve to have us not worrying about relegation I don't the fans (majority) would be unless it was totally unpopular appointment in the first instance.

Expectations have been successfully dampened so much that this is all most want to see.

Unfortunately Pardew he talks a good game about what he wants to deliver but 80+% of the time since we came 5th he hasn't been able to deliver it.

Providing the football and results improve to have us not worrying about relegation I don't the fans (majority) would be unless it was totally unpopular appointment in the first instance.

Expectations have been successfully dampened so much that this is all most want to see.

Unfortunately Pardew he talks a good game about what he wants to deliver but 80+% of the time since we came 5th he hasn't been able to deliver it.

The expectations would switch back quickly enough though wouldn't they? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I don't buy the idea that we would be saying "we're 14th, no worries".

The expectations would switch back quickly enough though wouldn't they? I'm not saying that's wrong, but I don't buy the idea that we would be saying "we're 14th, no worries".

Probably but I'm of the radical opinion that having a bit of expectation and optimism is a good thing in football.

Probably but I'm of the radical opinion that having a bit of expectation and optimism is a good thing in football.

Me too, I don't object to it, I just mean that it's a bit naive to think that people would be happy with anything but a relegation battle.

If it was just the 14th position that was the problem then we could be accused of over-reacting. Let's face it though it's the increasingly regular capitulations that have people worried. 3-0 v Sunderland. 6-0 v Liverpool, 4-0 v City, 3-0 at half time v Everton. Can you really say it's just fans over-reacting?

If it was just the 14th position that was the problem then we could be accused of over-reacting. Let's face it though it's the increasingly regular capitulations that have people worried. 3-0 v Sunderland. 6-0 v Liverpool, 4-0 v City, 3-0 at half time v Everton. Can you really say it's just fans over-reacting?

I didn't accuse anyone of overreacting.

Me too, I don't object to it, I just mean that it's a bit naive to think that people would be happy with anything but a relegation battle.

Hence why I said providing the football and results improve, particularly the former.

Allardyce, Pulis or some other knacker could come in and keep us around 13th but few would enjoy it. I want to be able to enjoy what I see watching us again or at the very least see that we're working towards some sort of playing plan. I don't see this at all, we had one poor defensive half against Hull and it was straight back to rigid 4-4-2 as soon as he could for the second half and again for Everton.

In a way I'd almost like us to be fairly predictable (in terms of results) & not range from the acceptable to the ridiculous within 45 minutes or less for a change.

Albeit Pardew isn't helped by those above him but he knew fine well what he was getting in too when he lucked out and got appointed in the first place so I have no sympathy for him there.

But the insinuation is the same - the fans have too high expectations, and when Pardew gets sacked we'll be moaning at the next manager if we're 14th. Not so IMO. It's the direction and progress that's important, not a singular position in the league table.

Until Ashley leaves the club we are fucked either way. We'll never achieve what we want to achieve under him, best we can hope for is just staying in this league and maybe getting some results again and finishing as high up as possible, we'll never look to build on anything, we had our chance, even if it comes along again, we'll probably not change too much from last time.

But the insinuation is the same - the fans have too high expectations, and when Pardew gets sacked we'll be moaning at the next manager if we're 14th. Not so IMO. It's the direction and progress that's important, not a singular position in the league table.

You've got me wrong, all I was responding to was the idea that our current situation has permanently lowered our expectations so much. I've always said I don't care about specific league position either.

You've got me wrong, all I was responding to was the idea that our current situation has permanently lowered our expectations so much. I've always said I don't care about specific league position either.

I'm not sure what it is you meant then, but from my POV, I think that Newcastle fans don't on the whole have unrealistic aspirations. They usually only start getting worried when there are signs that things are heading in the wrong direction, and the results over the last year would suggest they have good reason to be worried.

It wasn't anything to do with what our expectations should be or shouldn't be, or whether they were unrealistic or anything. Someone just posted along the lines of "we'd be happy with a new manager who kept us out of relegation", and I just raised the point that our expectations would soon increase again when things started looking up.

People can aim for whatever they want, I'm not criticising that.

It wasn't anything to do with what our expectations should be or shouldn't be, or whether they were unrealistic or anything. Someone just posted along the lines of "we'd be happy with a new manager who kept us out of relegation", and I just raised the point that our expectations would soon increase again when things started looking up.

So they should, I think most will be happy to see progress over a period of time.

So they should, I think most will be happy to see progress over a period of time.

Sure, as I said, I wasn't judging what anyone's expectations should be.

You're like the forum Tai Chi master :lol:

You're like the forum Tai Chi master :lol:

In this case I've just been misunderstood, for real. It was a very minor observation.

Malky Mackay saying he was offered assistant manger job here to work with Pards but turned down role to take over Cardiff. Since then Pardew’s been a sort of mentor to him over past few years.

And?

Malky Mackay saying he was offered assistant manger job here to work with Pards but turned down role to take over Cardiff. Since then Pardew’s been a sort of mentor to him over past few years.

And?

Oh nothing, just been reading an article about it and just never realised he was offered this position  :)