Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest reefatoon

Pardew is a c***, Hughton is certainly a far better man, no question. However i don't split their managerial abilities as they are both out of their depth in this league regardless if Pardew finished 5th once and Hughton has had a couple of mid table finishes. It's clear as day that they both aren't good enough.

Fucking hell cracker barrel, that's exactly what you are doing.  Screaming for Hughton to get the sack, then not doing the same for a manager who is worse!  Stand back, wipe the rabid drool away from your mush, and see what a ball bag you sound.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I reckon they're going to sack Pardew fairly sharpish. After the Spurs game I think there's an International break & he'll be gone.

Hope you're right HV  O0

I'm more worried about the replacement but we've been into that.

I think we'll lose our next three, the latter two narrowly & Ashley will gamble. This is also to do with the media side of things as Pardew has A. Had a go at Ashley. B. Misunderstood the ban of the local papers.

& then the new manager has a few winnable games to bed in with.

Defeat in the next 2 games and I think he'll be in dodgy territory.  I think it will be us falling into the relegation zone (if) that will cause the alarm bells to go off.

That's what I'm thinking - but in addition failure to tow the party line is where he's gone wrong as well.

Season after season of mid table, flirting with relegation keek. But if you want to 'keep the faith' and prove what a soooper fan you are then OK, each to their own.

Never understood this one, you could equally argue it's superfan behaviour to want the manager out because we aren't challenging for our 'rightful positions'. I don't make that argument, but you see what I mean.

Guest bimpy474

I wonder if Pardew was set a specific target and/or deadline after last season's failings? Maybe based on a landmark like Christmas? I don't buy the argument that Ashley is prepared to keep him as long as we just manage to stay up, but then again I've no idea what it would take to see him sacked either.

Pardew said that him, Ashley and Kinnear (actually might have been this nutter who said it) think we have a top ten side this season. Anything outside that especially in the bottom 5 has Pardew walking on thin ice imo.

Season after season of mid table, flirting with relegation keek. But if you want to 'keep the faith' and prove what a soooper fan you are then OK, each to their own.

Never understood this one, you could equally argue it's superfan behaviour to want the manager out because we aren't challenging for our 'rightful positions'. I don't make that argument, but you see what I mean.

It isn't about the position Ian and you know it. OK maybe I chose that badly. Its about the ambition and drive. if we were finishing mid table with a clear plan, a strategy and owners, board planning for the future we would accept it.

We did with SBR for his first seasons.

This lot have no plan, no strategy..not for moving OUR club forward anyway. They don't wanna be here, and are taking the club backwards.

Both in terms of its image,its relationship with us and in playing terms too.

Shootings to good for the c***s imo.

I understand your position...whole heartedly disagree with you mind! But respect you as very good poster and clear NUFC fan.

Brett...well I ain't convinced he isn't wearing red and white stripes....

Guest Haris Vuckic

I reckon they're going to sack Pardew fairly sharpish. After the Spurs game I think there's an International break & he'll be gone.

Hope you're right HV  O0

I think we'll lose our next three, the latter two narrowly & Ashley will gamble. This is also to do with the media side of things as Pardew has A. Had a go at Ashley. B. Misunderstood the ban of the local papers.

I'm not daft enough to dismiss the risk, but i hope they take it. Reckon your scenario is quite accurate but the getting rid of Pardew is the one doubt.

I think there's a few things that are going against him now 

Llambias is no longer part of the equation

Pardew has criticised Ashley in public

Ashley will be looking for a scapegoat to draw attention from the protests.

So I can see him going soon, Ashley will be looking for an excuse.

Pardew is a c***, Hughton is certainly a far better man, no question. However i don't split their managerial abilities as they are both out of their depth in this league regardless if Pardew finished 5th once and Hughton has had a couple of mid table finishes. It's clear as day that they both aren't good enough.

f***ing hell cracker barrel, that's exactly what you are doing.  Screaming for Hughton to get the sack, then not doing the same for a manager who is worse!  Stand back, wipe the rabid drool away from your mush, and see what a ball bag you sound.

No it's not, if Pardew got sacked it wouldn't bother me, i'd be very intrigued and very reserved to the fact that likely we will be appointing someone just as s*** if not worse than Pardew so I wouldn’t be getting my hopes up. If i had of known shouting for Hughton out would lead to a managerial appointment like Pardew, i would have never done that in the first place but i honestly believed we were going to upgrade once he was rid of. That optimism has now been sapped out of me and i only envision another awful appointment was Pardew to go.

It isn't about the position Ian and you know it. OK maybe I chose that badly. Its about the ambition and drive. if we were finishing mid table with a clear plan, a strategy and owners, board planning for the future we would accept it.

This lot have no plan, no strategy..not for moving OUR club forward anyway. They don't wanna be here, and are taking the club backwards.

I understand your position...whole heartedly disagree with you mind! But respect you as very good poster and clear NUFC fan.

I know what you mean, I wasn't talking specifically about league position either really. But you get the point, from the outside it could look like "football fans being hard on a decent manager" or whatever.

I want more ambition for the club too, but what that means in practice is a much more complicated debate.

I'm now being called a mackem when you've got half of the forum on here saying the mackems deserved to win and me arguing against that for two days. Good grief George Bailey, hot fucking dog!

I know what you mean, I wasn't talking specifically about league position either really. But you get the point, from the outside it could look like "football fans being hard on a decent manager" or whatever.

I want more ambition for the club too, but what that means in practice is a much more complicated debate.

Agree to a point......

Iv'e simplified it mind...Not going anywhere near till this regime is gone... Hurts but I believe its the right thing to do.

Guest reefatoon

f***ing hell cracker barrel, that's exactly what you are doing.  Screaming for Hughton to get the sack, then not doing the same for a manager who is worse!  Stand back, wipe the rabid drool away from your mush, and see what a ball bag you sound.

No it's not, if Pardew got sacked it wouldn't bother me, i'd be very intrigued and very reserved to the fact that likely we will be appointing someone just as s*** if not worse than Pardew so I wouldn’t be getting my hopes up. If i had of known shouting for Hughton out would lead to a managerial appointment like Pardew, i would have never done that in the first place but i honestly believed we were going to upgrade once he was rid of. That optimism has now been sapped out of me and i only envision another awful appointment was Pardew to go.

So Pardew is getting your support because you are afraid we will bring in someone worse, even though he is proving a worse manager than the one you hounded out??  Again, you are an utter lunatic.

Guest bimpy474

Hope you're right HV  O0

I'm not daft enough to dismiss the risk, but i hope they take it. Reckon your scenario is quite accurate but the getting rid of Pardew is the one doubt.

I think there's a few things that are going against him now 

Llambias is no longer part of the equation

Pardew has criticised Ashley in public

Ashley will be looking for a scapegoat to draw attention from the protests.

So I can see him going soon, Ashley will be looking for an excuse.

Could it be if Pardew has the team outside a certain remit. That could trigger his sacking without too much compensation. Never know.

So Pardew is getting your support because you are afraid we will bring in someone worse, even though he is proving a worse manager than the one you hounded out??  Again, you are an utter lunatic.

Is that really a contradiction though? Maybe Brett only now realises how unlikely it is that Ashley will appoint a good manager.

Guest reefatoon

Is that really a contradiction though? Maybe Brett only now realises how unlikely it is that Ashley will appoint a good manager.

He doesn't do that though, he praises Pardew as if he is doing a good job.  Doesn't look like he treats him the same as he did with Hughton.  Seems like a massive contradiction.

Guest bimpy474

I'm confused, you were shouting for Hughton out, after we beat Sunderland 5-1 and were performing quite well for a promoted team. Yet not for Pardew when we played awful football and nearly went down last season.

Baffled me like, not having a go Brett but i dont get the logic.

I'm now being called a mackem when you've got half of the forum on here saying the mackems deserved to win and me arguing against that for two days. Good grief George Bailey, hot f***ing dog!

Sorry mate but you come across as a WUM for large parts. Apologies if you aren't one of them but your extreme defense of everything Ashley related etc seems at odds with...well the universe tbh.

They did deserve to win too. That's the fucking nub of the matter. Worst team in the division and they outfought us and for periods Poyet out tacticed ( if there is such a word) our chump. Whilst we had the upper hand our players (largely a bunch of fucking cowards and bottlers on the day, and our idiot manager dissipated that period of better play by his usual negative shit.

Hardly support him, i'm backing him to still get results as i believe in our players ability. Our manager is hindering them but i still think it can fall right and we can push on. Not hard to grasp that.

I'm now being called a mackem when you've got half of the forum on here saying the mackems deserved to win and me arguing against that for two days. Good grief George Bailey, hot f***ing dog!

Sorry mate but you come across as a WUM for large parts. Apologies if you aren't one of them but your extreme defense of everything Ashley related etc seems at odds with...well the universe tbh.

I hardly even post in the Ashley thread for the sheer hatred i have for the man and very rarely would defend him for anything. Off the top of my head one the few things i have defended him for is his transfer policy, even that has it's faults and needs tweaking but on the whole i think it's a decent method.

Guest bimpy474

Hardly support him, i'm backing him to still get results as i believe in our players ability. Our manager is hindering them but i still think it can fall right and we can push on. Not hard to grasp that.

But you're putting your faith in Pardew to make it fall right. How much evidence do you need to see this wont happen. Agree about the players by the way ;)

Whoever follows Pardew, it won't be as bad as bringing in Souness for Robson.

Relatively speaking I think Sammy Lee / Kean for Allardyce is the only thing that has matched that in recent times in the PL.

----

Back on topic though, Pardle would get a far easier ride if he stuck to his alleged principals of playing football instead of running scared every 20 minutes.