Alan Pardew

Mike

When possibly the most negative manager we've had in my lifetime continually calls the fans negative...we just accept it and keep chanting his name.

I wish we were more like Scousers actually, then we might get something done.

And when he said he thought we had a good chance of beating Chelsea, he was called a fruit loop or something? Works both ways. Laugh at his positivity, criticise his negativity. Every week without fail.

Dissect his interviews all you like to find something but it’s just embarrassing really. Yes he does come out with a lot of shite but most managers do tbf.

Di Matteo lined up I'm told.

Source says it comes from within the club, but first bit of ITK I've ever heard from them...they don't even follow football so I took it with a pinch of salt.  Just pegging out my land for "I told you so" later on if it does happen though  :D.

I think the Liverpool and Chelsea results might have thrown a spanner in the works assuming that's true. We'd normally lose those pretty badly, so Di Canio must be cursing Mourinho right now.

Source says it comes from within the club, but first bit of ITK I've ever heard from them...they don't even follow football so I took it with a pinch of salt.  Just pegging out my land for "I told you so" later on if it does happen though  :D.

I think the Liverpool and Chelsea results might have thrown a spanner in the works assuming that's true. We'd normally lose those pretty badly, so Di Canio must be cursing Mourinho right now.

:lol: Di Canio curses every cunt so I wouldn't worry about what he thinks. Di Matteo, on the other hand, might be a tad pissed.

:lol: Di Canio curses every cunt so I wouldn't worry about what he thinks. Di Matteo, on the other hand, might be a tad pissed.

Di Canio, Di Mattio what's the difference. They all eat pizzas and sell ice cream  :cheesy:

Guest Haris Vuckic

:lol: Di Canio curses every c*** so I wouldn't worry about what he thinks. Di Matteo, on the other hand, might be a tad p*ssed.

Di Canio, Di Mattio what's the difference. They all eat pizzas and sell ice cream  :cheesy:

My mate doesn't. He's a photographer.

Likes a guiness.

Guest reefatoon

:lol: Di Canio curses every c*** so I wouldn't worry about what he thinks. Di Matteo, on the other hand, might be a tad p*ssed.

My mate doesn't. He's a photographer.

Likes a guiness.

Yeah, photographers around the world are renowned for hating pizza.

When possibly the most negative manager we've had in my lifetime continually calls the fans negative...we just accept it and keep chanting his name.

:thup: Spot-on as ever.  This stuff's creeped in more and more since he's realised he can say it, get away with it and have it as yet another widely believed reason why he's battling adversity and doing a smashing job in the circumstances.

Guest icemanblue

:thup: Spot-on as ever.  This stuff's creeped in more and more since he's realised he can say it, get away with it and have it as yet another widely believed reason why he's battling adversity and doing a smashing job in the circumstances.

That's a stretch, like. :lol:

What's the aim of it then? Now that he's realised he can 'get away with it'. Why is he doing it? Is there an objective to it all?

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hyperbole 101.

Well IF this is true, then it could be similar to the Hughton situation, where he was under pressure, Pardew was lined up (allegedly), and then we beat SunderLOL 5-1, which earns him a short stay of execution.

Maybe the last result has done that for Pardew, and the next opportunity he's gone.

:dontknow:

Guest firetotheworks

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

Great gag mate. :lol: Is the brothel the Alan Pardew thread? Or everything except the Alan Pardew thread? Sometimes your sarcastic humour is confusing when you don't use italics.

Great gag mate. :lol: Is the brothel the Alan Pardew thread? Or everything except the Alan Pardew thread? Sometimes your sarcastic humour is confusing when you don't use italics.

:lol: And the fact he came back in and started doing his routine anyway.

What's the aim of it then? Now that he's realised he can 'get away with it'. Why is he doing it? Is there an objective to it all?

I just told you mate, it's at the end of my post.

It's all part of his Pardaganda mate. He has programmed our minds with such skill that he can now make terrifying comments such 'we should have have a glass half full' without causing a peasants revolt.

Despite barely anyone reading the majority of his quotes, he has cast our fanbase under his spell. Only a few have escaped this Demon Headmaster's sorcery.

Guest firetotheworks

It's all part of his Pardaganda mate. He has programmed our minds with such skill that he can now make terrifying comments such 'we should have have a glass half full' without causing a peasants revolt.

Despite barely anyone reading the majority of his quotes, he has cast our fanbase under his spell. Only a few have escaped this Demon Headmaster's sorcery.

:thup: Spot on mate.

Guest icemanblue

I just told you mate, it's at the end of my post.

You did as well. I must have been too outraged by the first part to notice. :lol:

But, obviously, I just can't see it. In fact, I think he's right. This board is proof enough that a lot of our fans go fucking mental after a loss. We've always taken things to extremes. I don't think he's really saying anything new there.

Guest icemanblue

It's a gif.

His quotes often do get blown out of proportion, but I find the regularity of which he generalises the fanbase tedious to the point of irritating. He's often telling us how we think or what we want and at times it reads slightly resentfully. And I think that's rich given the easy ride he's got from SJP in light of his utterly abysmal performances as manager, especially last season.

His quotes often do get blown out of proportion, but I find the regularity of which he generalises the fanbase tedious to the point of irritating. He's often telling us how we think or what we want and at times it reads slightly resentfully. And I think that's rich given the easy ride he's got from SJP in light of his utterly abysmal performances as manager, especially last season.

Good point IMO.

Guarding himself against criticism isn't he? The same reason that he gets his excuses in early, we heard about tiredness before the Chelsea game but not afterwards because we won.

He's done a good job of lowering expectations, this is the next step. If our already low expectations (say, beating the worst team in the league) aren't met then we're still not allowed to be affected by it, and we're definitely not justified in criticising him or the team.