Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Jesus Christ, painful to watch I feel so bad for you guys. Really sad.

But you can't just blame the manager for this. The players attitude is one of the worst I have ever seen. I mean, I had to make sure that I wasn't watching some of the Liverpool's goals in slow motion. The guys on red didn't even have to apply much speed on their efforts.

There's something going on with the players in there. It's like they're doing it on purpose.

The 2nd goal is f***ing unbelievable.

I'll take a quick look at the highlights now.

LOWLIGHTS MORE LIKE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

f*** it, can I die soon please.

Ha! I was thinking about this after the game :lol:

:lol: Death?  Aye, that keeps on happening to me after our games as well.  It's surely preferable.  I'm not being morbid at all, just logical.

But you can't just blame the manager for this. The players attitude is one of the worst I have ever seen. I mean, I had to make sure that I wasn't watching some of the Liverpool's goals in slow motion. The guys on red didn't even have to apply much speed on their efforts.

There's something going on with the players in there. It's like they're doing it on purpose.

It seemed like the sort of performance where the players were expressing that they didn't want to play for the manager anymore.  Hardly any effort whatsoever.

Yep.

I am sure the City Hall will make a statue of you. A portrait of you going mental, like chewing your own hat or something, after another consented goal.

Then the label would say:

To the memory of: Interpol

Local hero, martyr and Internet user

Killed himself after a League Match

Yep.

I am sure the City Hall will make a statue of you. A portrait of you going mental, like chewing your own hat or something, after another consented goal.

Then the label would say:

To the memory of: Interpol

Local hero, martyr and Internet user

Killed himself after a League Match

:spit:

Fair do's man, that post's hilarious. :lol:

Well said. We were beaten before kick off with that pathetic lineup but the players on the pitch totally let us all down today. Too many of them escape criticism because they're frankly adored without having done a fucking thing in our shirt to deserve it.

Ha! I was thinking about this after the game :lol:

:lol: Death?  Aye, that keeps on happening to me after our games as well.  It's surely preferable.  I'm not being morbid at all, just logical.

:lol:

One of my first thoughts after recent games has been the lowlights craic. Waiting for some dopey chav to come along and post 'shite-lights moar lyk m8', or some equally unoriginal yet hilarious comment.

It seemed like the sort of performance where the players were expressing that they didn't want to play for the manager anymore.  Hardly any effort whatsoever.

They've been like that all season, this was just the most pathetic example. Something massive has changed since last season, everything that was good about that has gone and from being a really tight squad playing to the best of their abilities they now look like a bunch of mercenaries who couldn't give a shit and think that it doesn't matter what happens because they'll just piss off somewhere else if/when it all goes tits up. Too many of our players seem to believe their own hype and think that they'll be judged by their reputations rather than their performances and if they do go then I hope they're wrong because they don't deserve to be able to walk away from thins with their reputations unscathed.

Well said. We were beaten before kick off with that pathetic lineup but the players on the pitch totally let us all down today. Too many of them escape criticism because they're frankly adored without having done a fucking thing in our shirt to deserve it.

The players were pathetic mate, but what can you expect?  They don't believe in what they're being told to do, like any fan with eyes, and they can see it's not working.  If my boss kept telling me to do something that wasn't working then I'd fuck it off, one way or another.  Players usually do it by undermining the manager in some way, quite often with gutless performances to speed the sacking process along.

To clarify though, I don't think that's the be-all-and-end-all in terms of an excuse for the players - their main concern should be the club and getting us out of the shit we're in.

Your last sentence doesn't make much sense either mind, who are you referring to?  Cabaye?  Ben Arfa?  Cisse?  They've all done good things wearing our shirt.

Yeah, can't really disagree with those 3. Cabaye's always been overrated in here, mind. Lovely footballer but so limited physically.

I think he'd be a smashing player for us if we played to his strengths.  Have a guy next to him taking the knocks and let him play further up the pitch.  It seems so simple.

I don't think he's as good as people make out either mind, however I do also think he wouldn't look out of place in the Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea squads.  So figure that one out.

Yeah, can't really disagree with those 3. Cabaye's always been overrated in here, mind. Lovely footballer but so limited physically.

I think he'd be a smashing player for us if we played to his strengths.  Have a guy next to him taking the knocks and let him play further up the pitch.  It seems so simple.

I don't think he's as good as people make out either mind, however I do think he wouldn't look out of place in the Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea squads.  So figure that one out.

Don't be daft, man! The guy's only 5'8 and is neither particularly strong, nor quick, let's make him the midfield engine!

They've been like that all season, this was just the most pathetic example. Something massive has changed since last season, everything that was good about that has gone and from being a really tight squad playing to the best of their abilities they now look like a bunch of mercenaries who couldn't give a shit and think that it doesn't matter what happens because they'll just piss off somewhere else if/when it all goes tits up. Too many of our players seem to believe their own hype and think that they'll be judged by their reputations rather than their performances and if they do go then I hope they're wrong because they don't deserve to be able to walk away from thins with their reputations unscathed.

The players aren't suited to the manager's preferred style of play, it's not that hard to figure out. Tevez and Mascherano had to leave for Rafa's Liverpool when Pardew decided they weren't suited to his long ball West Ham team.

Everyone knows what Cabaye's about now, apart from the bloke that counts. Finally moved him in position today but plays no other attacking players bar Cisse, then when he brings the attackers on he moves Cabaye into that deep role where he tends to do little other than run around and get annoyed.

The players were pathetic mate, but what can you expect?  They don't believe in what they're being told to do, like any fan with eyes, and they can see it's not working.  If my boss kept telling me to do something that wasn't working then I'd fuck it off, one way or another.  Players usually do it by undermining the manager in some way, quite often with gutless performances to speed the sacking process along.

To clarify though, I don't think that's the be-all-and-end-all in terms of an excuse for the players - their main concern should be the club and getting us out of the shit we're in.

Your last sentence doesn't make much sense either mind, who are you referring to?  Cabaye?  Ben Arfa?  Cisse?  They've all done good things wearing our shirt.

I doubt any one of us can say that we've never been at a stage at work where we've said "Fuck it, let the wheels fall off, I couldn't give a toss anymore"

Obviously it's a lot less noticeable and forgivable when we do it than when they do it live on television but they're still humans. It's the manager's job to stop that from happening.

It's not some bizarre coincidence where we've bought a load of Frenchmen who don't give a toss and yet Chelsea, Arsenal and the Manchester clubs have packed their squads with not only talent but talent who would die for the shirt (like Hazard, like Nasri, like Nani, like Giroud). Saying that the players have packed in is too easy. Pardew's simply not cut out for working with foreign flair players, like the majority of League 1 and 2 managers - no shame in it, just fuck off and let us get a real top flight manager in.

The players aren't suited to the manager's preferred style of play, it's not that hard to figure out. Tevez and Mascherano had to leave for Rafa's Liverpool when Pardew decided they weren't suited to his long ball West Ham team.

What's your explanation for last season then?

What's your explanation for last season then?

Last season's football clearly wasn't sustainable as a winning formula though was it? That was absolutely obvious. You can't get results consistently based on Krul pulling off wonder saves left, right and centre and Danny Simpson kicking it off the line at least once a game.