Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

Guest bimpy474

So for the first time in the history of the Premier League a club has played with 7 foreign players all of the same nationality. Newcastle won't forget it.

Coincidence? They didn't half bottle it today.

Nah, you could have whatever Nationality today, his tactics and leadership are destroying us.

So for the first time in the history of the Premier League a club has played with 7 foreign players all of the same nationality. Newcastle won't forget it.

The way pardew set the team up today we had no chance, it was like asking phil taylor to win a darts gane without giving him any darts

True it was a ridiculously negative starting line up, but once things started to go pear shape, heads went down very quickly. Cabaye still ran around a lot, but most of the others didn't want to be there. Debuchy really didn't want to be there.

:anguish:

On a side note, I hope that one day someone takes Sturridge down a peg or two. Loathsome c***.

Loved it when Debuchy squared up to that cocky t***.

Was disappointed with the lack of reaction from the crowd. Hopefully the idea that Ashley cares little about whats the fans think/do is correct, but he makes the right decision as a businessmen and as owner of the club anyway, even if only as a result of financial motivation.

Surely that's rock bottom.  I'd say it can't get worse but I'd be scared it could somehow.

How bad is it when the 1-2 to Reading is only the third-most humiliating home defeat of this miserable season?

Pardew is even more atrocious than any of us could have imagined at handling pressure situations. The more pressurised it gets, the more he retreats into a shell no matte how much the personnel we have indicates that's the wrong approach. His tactics aren't great but I am far more concerned about his psychological approach.

Either way this is beyond worrying. If the players are listening to Pardew and trying to execute his gameplan, then that's frightening. If they've quit on him, that's maybe more frightening since he's not getting sacked this season.

I can only hope this spurs Ashley the way the 1-2 to Reading did. He bought players on the back of that humiliation, maybe he'll get desperate enough to do something crazy like sack Pardew on the back of this.

I refuse to blame the players.  Playing Perch in Midfield is unforgivable when you've someone like Ben Arfa sitting on the bench who as they said is 100% fit.

I will never understand or forgive him for this.

There's a good one for Pardew's excuses list. Nice one :thup:

Guest elbee909

Somehow I find it doubly irritating that Liverpool seem to think they're world beaters now.  Worse than the mackems for crowing.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking hell.

I think that was the most embarrassing game I've ever had the misfortune of attending. The strangest atmosphere I've ever experienced. At least against the mackems we showed a bit of fight and, with a bit more luck, could have scraped something. But today, from the manager down, we absolutely bottled it. Shameful, shameful stuff. I'm still shellshocked. Worst thing is, I knew it was on the cards as soon as I saw the lineup.

Guest Phil K

Nationality isn't the problem. Leadership is. We have no leaders on the sideline or on the pitch. That was our problem.

Our problem is we have a manager who has no idea, no tactics, no planning, and has the leadership abilities of Tim Nice-But-Dim

Guest Dontooner

f***ing hell.

I think that was the most embarrassing game I've ever had the misfortune of attending. The strangest atmosphere I've ever experienced. At least against the mackems we showed a bit of fight and, with a bit more luck, could have scraped something. But today, from the manager down, we absolutely bottled it. Shameful, shameful stuff. I'm still shellshocked. Worst thing is, I knew it was on the cards as soon as I saw the lineup.

Finally holding up your hands?

Absolutely shameful performance from us.......will never forget this humiliation gift wrap by Pardew. 

Guest elbee909

Yeah, we get it, foreigners eh, etc. etc.

Pardew is to blame but so are the players. Most of them put in a gutless, embarrassment of an effort today.

I wondered why Cabaye came over at the end to clap the Gallowgate while wearing a Liverpool shirt on his head. Don't walk around on the pitch with a Liverpool shirt after that performance. If you must swap your shirt for a Liverpool shirt do it in the changing rooms out of sight of the fans.