West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

I seriously thinking we might need Obertan's pace and width for the last 3 games.

Hes really skinny tho  :lol:

:p

:lol:

This is exactly the time we don't want him. He's rubbish and he's a fucking coward whenever there's pressure.

Williamson played well v Benfica and also he'd be better than Saylor on Carroll.

Yeah he did play well, but he's a stop gap at most.  If Saylor's fit he gets the nod for me, same with Colo.

I seriously thinking we might need Obertan's pace and width for the last 3 games.

Hes really skinny tho  :lol:

:p

This is exactly the time we don't want him. He's rubbish and he's a fucking coward whenever there's pressure.

Agreed. While I didn't think it was right he has been completely frozen out when he is still a useful sub against tiring legs I just don't have any trust in him not to bottle out of challenges or let his man go beyond him etc. I do want to see him back as an option on the bench though.

We also need to watch we don't get all Pardew. We need to make them worry about our attackers rather than us spending all the training on dealing with Kevin fucking Nolan. We should be saying "we have Ben Arfa, Cisse, Gouffran and Sissoko attacking their back four" rather than "Simpson has experience, Kevin Nolan is a threat, what about Jack Collison?"

I can just tell he's doing the latter with our players right now.

Guest neesy111

Williamson played well v Benfica and also he'd be better than Saylor on Carroll.

Yeah he did play well, but he's a stop gap at most.  If Saylor's fit he gets the nod for me, same with Colo.

I think Saylor's been horrific the last 3 games personally.

Think he'll play Tiote for sure - he's the only midfielder we have who can try and counter the power of Diame.

Think Mbiwa at RB is possible too - extra height for those set pieces. Shola could well start for much the same reason.

MYM - Taylor - Colo - Haidara

Ben Arfa - Tiote - Cabaye - Gouffran

Cisse - Shola

Harsh on Sissoko but he can maybe come on when HBA gets tired, try him with fresh legs running at tiring defenders.

I think we just need to try and get anything here and then run riot at QPR to sort our GD out. If we cannot put a few past a side who haven't gave a shit for the entire season, never mind that now they are mathematically relegated, then Pardew deserves bludgeoning.

Not disagreeing with that.  I just don't know get why Williamson will be a better option v Carroll?  At least Saylor has a bit of power to challenge with him, won't be bullied as much on set pieces either imo.

Guest neesy111

Not disagreeing with that.  I just don't know get why Williamson will be a better option v Carroll?  At least Saylor has a bit of power to challenge with him, won't be bullied as much on set pieces either imo.

With Carroll's and Taylor's past Carroll we be out to get him desperately imo.

Aye, hopefully it works vice-versa as well, give Taylor an incentive to put a decent shift in like some of the ones he's put in earlier this season.

Time will tell anyway.  The way we are at the minute it wouldn't matter if we had Kompany out there for us.

Guest neesy111

Aye, hopefully it works vice-versa as well, give Taylor an incentive to put a decent shift in like some of the ones he's put in earlier this season.

Time will tell anyway.  The way we are at the minute it wouldn't matter if we had Kompany out there for us.

True.

So since yesterday, I've seen calls for Williamson and Obertan to be restored to the team.  Players who we were desperate not to play for us earlier in the campaign, are now an option to try to save us from relegation?

It's comments like this that show me we're in full blown meltdown :lol: not the 'were gan dooooon' comments.

Ludicrous isn't it. The players aren't the problem. Calling for Williamson is interesting, does well under pressure that lad. Fwiw I thought MYM was the best of a bad bunch on Saturday.

Does anybody know the odds of both Carroll & Nolan scoring?

Is this written on the basis of "how can our humiliations be deepened further? And if so, how can I mitigate my pain with financial solace...?" :lol: :lol:

Does anybody know the odds of both Carroll & Nolan scoring?

Is this written on the basis of "how can our humiliations be deepened further? And if so, how can I mitigate my pain with financial solace...?" :lol: :lol:

Absolutely bang on.

Guest icemanblue

Our approach to this should be:

"win this, you are safe"

not

"scrape a point, hopefully, with some luck, to build some 'momentum' for the QPR game"

Yep. Although, I'd have said the same about Liverpool. Can only hope that the catastrophic failure of that negative gameplan results in us trying something different.

We need to go for it like, but if we're 1-1 in injury time I'd prefer we settled for the point instead of throwing every man forward going for the winner. We really ought to beat QPR though, there's no chance at all that they will be in the right mood to press us for 90 minutes.