West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

The thing is Pardew's 4-2-3-1 isn't even one :lol:

Its a disgusting excuse of a bunch of nothing, the 2 midfielders don't see to do anything but around like headless chickens and just leave acres of space behind them and the "3" are horribly disjointed with the 2 wide players being so deep they can't do anything and the the "10" is basically another CF :lol:

He should just pack it in and go back to what he knows tbh because its evidently clear he doesn't have the first clue on how to set up a team in a 4-2-3-1 properly.

Mole's right, this year's 4-2-3-1 has been awful. We played it last year and it was largely good, it just looks utterly disorganised now. Sometimes players press while the others sit deep and massive gaps appear. It doesn't look well defined at all, it seems overly complex.

How often have Anita and Tiote played together? On paper that should work quite well. Better than Tiote - Perch at least, as Anita can actually use a football.

Still don't think it would work and thought so for a while especially under Pardew's fantastic coaching they would just get in each others way.

In theory though, you have a tackler and a ball player. It should work. It won't work under Pardew but that's where his future lies with us, imo.

Mole's right, this year's 4-2-3-1 has been awful. We played it last year and it was largely good, it just looks utterly disorganised now. Sometimes players press while the others sit deep and massive gaps appear. It doesn't look well defined at all, it seems overly complex.

I was just looking at average position maps of the best examples of 4-2-3-1 in Dortmund and Bayern and ourselves the difference in clarity of roles is just :anguish:

I perfectly understand that 433/451 is the modern formation. However, if I was Pardew I'd throw myself off a cliff, or at least try going back to 442 for a spell.

Perhaps the players wouldn't run around like headless chickens.

Part of me thinks that a shit-scared Pardew will be forced to do the right thing, considering whats on the line (money, his job, probably his career).

Then again, its Pardew. He doesnt know what the right thing is!

How often have Anita and Tiote played together? On paper that should work quite well. Better than Tiote - Perch at least, as Anita can actually use a football.

Still don't think it would work and thought so for a while especially under Pardew's fantastic coaching they would just get in each others way.

In theory though, you have a tackler and a ball player. It should work. It won't work under Pardew but that's where his future lies with us, imo.

Well yes, it's one thing having a tackler and a passer in midfield but if they aren't playing in the right areas of the pitch you might as well put the goalkeeper there.

I perfectly understand that 433/451 is the modern formation. However, if I was Pardew I'd throw myself off a cliff, or at least try going back to 442 for a spell.

Hope he does tbh, everyone knows my opinion on 4-4-2 and its suitability to this squad but its become quite clear Pardew doesn't have a clue how to set the team up outside of 4-4-2.

Guest SuperShola!

Elliot,

Simpson, MYM, Colo, Haidara,

Cabaye

Sissoko

HBA                Marveux

Cisse  Gouffran

4-2-2-2

Sissoko to stay back and help defend and push forward. No way should Gouffran be dropped again.

He should do whatever he understands and pick players who understand it. If that means picking Brits and hoofball then do it. We'll still probably lose but at least everyone will understand their role.

A point would have been alright if we hadn't effectively lost one at the weekend by obliterating our goal difference.

Fucking disgustingly unprofessional. I seem to spend longer every week in a state of utter fury. Earlier this season I was alright by Sunday, at the moment I'm in a permanent foul mood. Sick to death of it.

Hope he does tbh, everyone knows my opinion on 4-4-2 and its suitability to this squad but its become quite clear Pardew doesn't have a clue how to set the team up outside of 4-4-2.

Well, he did, but now can't seem to get it right at all  :lol:

The thing is Pardew's 4-2-3-1 isn't even one :lol:

Exactly, it's more of a 1-4-potato.  Whole mess of nothingness Where Tiote is a B2B midfielder, Cabaye's a DM, Sissoko's a #10 and Cisse's offside.

A point would have been alright if we hadn't effectively lost one at the weekend by obliterating our goal difference.

Fucking disgustingly unprofessional. I seem to spend longer every week in a state of utter fury. Earlier this season I was alright by Sunday, at the moment I'm in a permanent foul mood. Sick to death of it.

I'm with you there. Wish we could just play the last 3 games this week so it could be over with.

:thup: Saturday was just plain embarrassing, I'm still fuming - I will be this time next week about it too.

Elliot

Simpson.    Saylor.      Coloccini.  Mbiwa

Tiote

HBA.    Sissoko.    Cabaye.    Jonas

Cisse.

I'll be expecting this

f***ing disgustingly unprofessional. I seem to spend longer every week in a state of utter fury. Earlier this season I was alright by Sunday, at the moment I'm in a permanent foul mood. Sick to death of it.

I'm with you there. Wish we could just play the last 3 games this week so it could be over with.

Nah, imagine the fatigue!

Elliot

Simpson.    Saylor.      Coloccini.  Mbiwa

Tiote

HBA.    Sissoko.    Cabaye.    Jonas

Cisse.

I'll be expecting this

It could be worse TBH.

I would like to find a way to play HBA off the striker for the first 55-70 minutes, then bring Gouffran on when the opposition are tiring. Hatem's not fit enough to be tracking up and down the wing at the moment.