West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

Guest neesy111

Who would take a point right now? Sadly, I would.

I think most would.  I think we need 2 points to be sure, so 1 would be 50% of that target.

Fucking right I would. Doesn't really do much be another defeat would be a killer.

Alan fucking Pardew, what a shambolic cunt.

I'd go streaking through sunderland with 'cheesey chip' written on my knob in marker pen right now for a guaranteed 1 point.

You're lucky you said 'for a guarateed' instead of 'if we get'. You'd be held to it (ask Messi) :lol:

Absolutely would, but I don't think it'd be achieved by going out there and playing for just the one - as the Liverpool game emphatically demonstrated.

:lol: Protect the goal difference

Goal difference is currently the same as Wigan IIRC, so if they do enough to catch us up on points, under normal circumstances (ie. they don't get tanked by 6 or 7 in the games that they don't win to catch us) their goal difference will be better than ours and it'll be a non-issue. ;)

would be tempted to drop cabaye for this if he is struggling physically or mentally.

really need him back on his game for qpr.

I said this in the back to basics thread. Pardew clearly has no idea how to implement the passing game so for this game I would go with the style he's comfortable with. Get the biggest midfield ball breakers in the centre (for me that would be Tiote and Sissoko) and play Shola up top with Cisse, then hit the ball long. I would even consider using Gosling as he could get in the box Nolan style to pick up the scraps from any knockdowns.

Playing Arsenal with goal difference still an issue :(

Saying that, if we need anything from Arsenal we will be basically down anyway.

Yes, we need to get the points required before Arsenal. i think we only need one win but thing is i can't see it forthcoming. :(

People are mental if they believe Pardew will do anything but set us up ultra-defensively after shipping six in the last game.

Why change the habit of a lifetime? The mentality of approaching every game with the intention of not losing would have SBR turning in his grave.

People are mental if they believe Pardew will do anything but set us up ultra-defensively after shipping six in the last game.

Yes but Pardew's teams are well organised and play on the front foot?!??! It just wasn't the case against Liverpool..........