Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

It cannot be doing Moyes any good to have Ferguson still stalking the corridors at home games.

Never did Paisley any harm having Shankly haunt him.

It cannot be doing Moyes any good to have Ferguson still stalking the corridors at home games.

he did eventually stop him from coming to the training ground.

Also hurt Man Utd before post Busby when having him around the place really did seem to hurt whomever was in the dugout

Guest Haris Vuckic

Especially when you consider they could have had any manager in the world.

Guardiola woud have gone there for a start.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Also hurt Man Utd before post Busby when having him around the place really did seem to hurt whomever was in the dugout

Yeah I suppose he may have become a problem there eventually - but overall less harm than good.

and but Busby did a lot for Ferguson apparently  :thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Wasn't Paisley already part of the backroom staff with Shankly ?

Part of the old 'promote from within the bootroom' mentality

He was - but he was there before Shankly tbh.

Yeah I suppose he may have become a problem there eventually - but overall less harm than good.

15 years later, the problem with Busby was the initial period where all the players still called him gaffer and went to him crying "training is different wah wah wah" Also the problem is if Moyes wants a player and the board members ask fergie is he any good and he says no hes shite and its inevitable they will ask him about players Moyes wants

Guest Haris Vuckic

15 years later, the problem with Busby was the initial period where all the players still called him gaffer and went to him crying "training is different wah wah wah" Also the problem is if Moyes wants a player and the board members ask fergie is he any good and he says no hes s**** and its inevitable they will ask him about players Moyes wants

Tbh I may have been playing devils advocate there, perhaps unwittingly.

As previously stated - they could have had any manager in the world.

15 years later, the problem with Busby was the initial period where all the players still called him gaffer and went to him crying "training is different wah wah wah" Also the problem is if Moyes wants a player and the board members ask fergie is he any good and he says no hes s**** and its inevitable they will ask him about players Moyes wants

Tbh I may have been playing devils advocate there, perhaps unwittingly.

As previously stated - they could have had any manager in the world.

yeah but those managers would probably have wanted to overhaul the squad to an extent (defense in particular looks weak with Vidic and Ferdinand fading) and that would cost the Glazers money they could be using to pay back the money they used to buy the club instead.

It'll be fun to watch thousands of "diehard" ManU supporters jump ship over the next few months.

Shame the fuckers are still going to have to do the fortnightly trip to and from London to see their beloved City play.

Moyes will get it right. I do think we'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, but if we can't win the league, we MUST qualify for the Champions League. Moyes will have had a season to set the team up the way he wants to play and then he'll be judged properly next season. There's no way he'll get sacked this season barring a bottom half finish.

In regards to the game Southampton deserved the point and maybe more.

I've said since the moment that Moyes got the job that I think Ferguson will be back in charge before the season is out. It'll be before Christmas imo.

Asking Ferguson who he wanted was insanity. How can a man running one of the best football teams in the world also be expected to be an authority on the world's best managers?

That's never, ever going to happen Wullie.

Stability was such a major issue when appointing a new manager. It's why Guardiola and Mourinho were overlooked. They're obviously much better managers than Moyes but what's the point in following Sir Alex with somebody who's going to leave in two or three years? Moyes is a very good manager who will still improve and should be successful will probably spend the rest of his career with us.