Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Lennon went there he'd be sacked before the end of the season and would just mope around jobs in the lower leagues before packing it in and becoming a commentator for SPL matches or something. If he stays at Celtic he'd win countless SPL titles and cups becoming basically immortalized at the club in the process.

If Lennon went there he'd be sacked before the end of the season and would just mope around jobs in the lower leagues before packing it in and becoming a commentator for SPL matches or something. If he stays at Celtic he'd win countless SPL titles and cups becoming basically immortalized at the club in the process.

Yep, without Rangers it must be boring but it's also a massive club and guaranteed trophies.

Would be surprised if Everton were really interested in him anyway really.

Is Lennon seen as a bad manager or is it just because he's an ugly dickhead?

Obviously Celtic isn't the best place to judge a manager I'm just wondering what the general consensus is.

I'm guessing both. He definitely gives off that dour Scottish dinosaur vibe like big Eck to me.

Obviously Celtic isn't the best place to judge a manager I'm just wondering what the general consensus is.

It took him til the end of April to win a league with 1 team in it.

A good CL group stage aside Celtic have generally been poor and have struggled to beat teams.  Knocked out of the League Cup QF by the team second bottom of the league and extremely lucky to win the other cup semi final.

The fact that he's a bitter, hateful bastard obviously makes him even less appealing.

Lennon will stay at Celtic, win countless championships and cups, do OK in the group stages of the Champions' League then decide it's time to "move on" to outside interests and "spend more time with his family" - coincidentally, just at the same time as Rangers get back in the SPL and start to develop a decent team again.

Most of my Celtic supporting friends consider him adequate for now but they all assume that he won't really amount to anything. He did pretty well in the champions league though, tactically I mean so he must have a wee bit about him anyway. Celtic have made some good signings in his time there but I'd say that is more down to their quality scouting network.

Most of my Celtic supporting friends consider him adequate for now but they all assume that he won't really amount to anything. He did pretty well in the champions league though, tactically I mean so he must have a wee bit about him anyway. Celtic have made some good signings in his time there but I'd say that is more down to their quality scouting network.

Not sure whether you can class backs to the wall/relying on world class goalkeeping performances as being tactically aware although there is an argument for it.

Not sure whether you can class backs to the wall/relying on world class goalkeeping performances as being tactically aware although there is an argument for it.

Their champions league campaign was a mixture of performances, to claim they all relied on world class goalkeeping performances would be wrong. I'm not saying he's a good manager, all I'm saying is he did well in the champions league with an inferior team. I think he'd be a poor choice for Everton at the moment and I'm not sure he will ever amount to much.

Their champions league campaign was a mixture of performances, to claim they all relied on world class goalkeeping performances would be wrong. I'm not saying he's a good manager, all I'm saying is he did well in the champions league with an inferior team. I think he'd be a poor choice for Everton at the moment and I'm not sure he will ever amount to much.

I was referencing the Benfica/Barcelona ones in particular but aye fair point to which I agree.

Moyes won't be any Fergie, but given some time, under him Man Utd should be alright. His Everton side already play a similar brand of dynamic and efficient football to that which Man Utd are known for.

At the moment he definitely lacks the broad world view and eagerness to learn that I think Ferguson has always had; but these qualities can be developped with time. Fergie himself made Man U a force in Europe by copying elements from the dominant European clubs of the '90s.

I'd be a bit more preoccupied from the Everton point of view. We ourselves know too well how difficult it is for a mid-sized Premier League team to get a good manager. They knew they had a good man and that's why they held onto him for so long. In their case as

in ours I think they'd be better served looking beyond the frontiers.

Moyes won't be any Fergie, but given some time, under him Man Utd should be alright. His Everton side already play a similar brand of dynamic and efficient football to that which Man Utd are known for.

At the moment he definitely lacks the broad world view and eagerness to learn that I think Ferguson has always had; but these qualities can be developped with time. Fergie himself made Man U a force in Europe by copying elements from the dominant European clubs of the '90s.

I'd be a bit more preoccupied from the Everton point of view. We ourselves know too well how difficult it is for a mid-sized Premier League team to get a good manager. They knew they had a good man and that's why they held onto him for so long. In their case as

Guest Howaythetoon

Giggs?