Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1906786.ece/ALTERNATES/s1023/One-Direction-with-Real-Madrid-1906786.png

The pricks have ditched us already. Bet they start wearing Mexico shirts for the World Cup!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22657481

Gibraltar given full Uefa membership at London Congress

Gibraltar has been accepted as a full member membership of Uefa, European football's governing body.

Their application was approved on a majority vote at the organisation's congress in London, with no votes against and no abstentions.

The British Overseas Territory off the south coast of Spain has a population of just under 30,000.

Gibraltar will be allowed to enter qualifying for the 2016 European Championship.

"Gibraltar will not play qualifying matches with Spain - we also have this situation with Armenia and Azerbaijan," Platini said.

:aww:

Possible Giggs but relevant;

Premier League players face increase in bans for horror tackles as review panel is introduced next season

Players could find their punishments for reckless challenges increased after plans to use video evidence to review contentious incidents were backed by football’s powerbrokers.

Under the proposed scheme, fouls such as the knee-high lunge by Wigan winger Callum McManaman on Newcastle defender Massadio Haidara could be referred to a three-man panel of referees to determine whether a harsher punishment should have been applied by the match official.

McManaman escaped with a yellow card from referee Mark Halsey, who later wrote in his report that he had not had a clear view of the incident.

But under the new scheme, which must still be ratified by the Football Regulatory Authority, cautions could be increased to red cards if the panel deems the referee was too lenient.

Any such tackles would not need to be brought to the attention of the FA administered panel by the referee in question.

Rather, the FA would have the power to refer incidents to the panel if they deemed a foul to be sufficiently serious to be re-examined retrospectively.

The proposal is an extension of current regulations which allow the FA to use video evidence to impose sanctions retrospectively if incidents of violent conduct are not spotted by referees.

At present the pilot scheme is expected to be trialled only in the Barclays Premier League next season although, if deemed a success, it could be extended to the Football League.

Previously, the Football League is understood to have been opposed to implementing further powers to enable retrospective action being taking - their concern being officials could be tempted into shying away from handing out harsh punishments at the time of the incident in the knowledge they could be reviewed at later date.

But at the football stakeholders meeting held on Wednesday, the proposal is understood to have received the backing of the Football League, along with that of the FA, the Premier League, the Professional Footballers’ Association and the Professional Game Match Officials Limited.

Both FIFA and UEFA are known to take a dim view of any proposals which could be seen to constitute the ‘re-refereeing’ of matches and consequently taking power out of the hands of matchday officials.

But similar mechanisms for increasing sanctions are already in place in French and German football while English football authorities are confident that examples of dangerous challenges being dealt with too leniently are sufficiently infrequent as to not bog down the three-man panel with an inbox full of cases to pass judgement on.

Sportsmail columnist and former top referee, Graham Poll, welcomed the proposal which, in his view, will redress the balance of officials seeing the severity of their punishments being downgraded retrospectively under current rules.

‘In extreme cases errors should be corrected, simple as that,’ said Poll. ‘The referee hasn’t got the advantage of multi-angle and multiple-speed television coverage.

'I am in favour of all or nothing. At present, if referees make a mistake in the view of the panel their decision gets overturned.

‘All referees want is consistency and I think you have got to do some re-refereeing in extreme cases to decide whether something should or should not have been a red card. It will probably balance out over a season, the same number of players will get let off and the same number will get charged after the vent. That seems like a nice balance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2330229/Premier-League-increase-bans-horror-tackles-video-review.html#ixzz2UDVB64mC

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Didn't even give a foul did he?!

Does anyone know the rules regarding footballers betting? Obviously they're not allowed to bet on their own games, but I assume they're allowed to bet elsewhere?

I'm sure he's just a standard dumb dickhead footballers doing dumb dickhead footballer things, like placing bets on Andros Townsend to bang in a hattrick within 10 minutes.

Players are not allowed to bet on any games in a competition they have participated in during the season. Basicly if you are loaned out to a championship club, you can not bet on any champioship game that season, even after the loan run out. A player that went out in the 3rd round of the FA Cup is not allowed to bet on games in later stages of the cup.

@BBCSport

Blackburn Rovers appoint caretaker boss Gary Bowyer as their new manager on a 12-month rolling contract

Bet that works. :lol:

Yeah, because that worked out last time :lol:

To be honest, this is easily the best U21 side we've ever had.

:lol: I'm not surprised. It's probably the best under 21 squad of all time.

Other than Zaha and Ince I don't think it's that great to be honest.

EDIT: I seem to have quoted the wrong post.