Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Feigning outrage over 'improper' player numbers is as ridiculous as feigning outrage over the concept of tattoos.

Probably one more for the pet hates thread, but I digress.

maybe but still I try to save my outrage for especially stupid ones like this case, the no1 is the goalkeepers number the end no one else's.  :rant:

If I've seen a player and think he's decent I'll say it, even if it's a fairly undistinguished cunt like Bardsley. If I've not seen enough of him to give an informed opinion I'll say that, too. :dontknow:

Just seemed a poor fight to pick. And it was an odd comment to make earlier, particularly when you and I have agreed on many things (Phil Bardsley notwithstanding). So if my knowledge of football is poor, I'm not sure what that says about yours.

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/sportcouk-meetsfootball-agent-barry-silkman/896

Remember hearing this before..

Any players you have missed out on?

I have missed out on players. I suppose the biggest player I missed out on was Zinedine Zidane. I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now. Three months later he went to Juventus for £1.2million and two years later he went for £48million. So I think the people at Newcastle got it slightly wrong.

It's enough to make you want to cry.  Certainly my favourite player of all time.

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/sportcouk-meetsfootball-agent-barry-silkman/896

Remember hearing this before..

Any players you have missed out on?

I have missed out on players. I suppose the biggest player I missed out on was Zinedine Zidane. I offered him to Newcastle at the beginning of the 1996 season for £1.2million. And they watched him and said that he wasn’t good enough to play in the First Division which is the Championship now. Three months later he went to Juventus for £1.2million and two years later he went for £48million. So I think the people at Newcastle got it slightly wrong.

It's enough to make you want to cry.  Certainly my favourite player of all time.

Barry Silkman is a c*** of the highest order. I wouldn't believe a word that f***er says when it comes to this club

ROBSON FURY AT SICK SILKMAN

CONTROVERSIAL agent Barry Silkman has been branded a ‘sick fantasist' after his stomach-churning attack on Sir Bobby Robson.

Silkman is at the centre of the scandal over the missing £65,000 from a transfer involving Premiership star Yakubu.

And last week in Sport of the World he stunned the game by saying how he hoped Sir Bobby (right) would ‘suffer for f****** years' with cancer.

His sickening statement centred on Clarence Acuna's 2001 transfer from Chile to Newcastle when Sir Bobby was in charge at St James' Park.

But a friend of Sir Bobby's said: "When you've been in the game for as long as Bob has, nothing should surprise you.

"This, though, has completely shocked him. Firstly, he had nothing to do with transfers at Newcastle, that was chairman Freddy Shepherd's job, so he wasn't involved with the Acuna deal.

"Secondly, he never had a conversation with Silkman and he certainly would have remembered it if Silkman had used that kind of language.

"He can't understand why Silkman is spinning these sick fantasies.

"Bobby is one of the most revered figures in football - he doesn't deserve to be dragged into this by somebody like Silkman."