Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

It gives homosexuality a limelight for the weekend. Gets it mentioned even only in passing by fans. I suspect ordinarily when homosexuality is mentioned in football its in a derogatory sense. Terrace humour etc.

It's hardly a case of OMG homophobia is now cured in football but its a start. A good way of introducing gay into the vernacular of football. It's about normalising attitudes and reducing stigma. 

You can push it off as a marketing ploy by paddy power if you want, but its pretty pathetic how few clubs have been willing to join in with an attempt like this to try and show support for the LGBT community. Absolute disgrace that in 2013 were still in a situation where gay footballers can't be open about their sexuality.

Who says they cannot. There is no rule preventing them. They only obstacle preventing a gay footballer from unleashing himself is his own personal choice. This choice may be made out of fear, but there is no proven history of retribution.

Clubs should just go along with it like, unless they have something else planned or believe it will cause other issues. No reason not too. Even if I do think it'll just be a load of s****.

We should do away with most of these things. They are nonsense done to pacify interest groups and portray the sport in a better life. Also, I quite frankly do not have a problem with people harbouring homophobic and even racist views. It is there opinion and they can keep it, however much I disagree.  As long as these biases do not affect public policy and people who these biases to assault others either verbally or physically are punished, society is fine.

Who says they cannot. There is no rule preventing them. They only obstacle preventing a gay footballer from unleashing himself is his own personal choice. This choice may be made out of fear, but there is no proven history of retribution.

We should do away with most of these things. They are nonsense done to pacify interest groups and portray the sport in a better life. Also, I quite frankly do not have a problem with people harbouring homophobic and even racist views. It is there opinion and they can keep it, however much I disagree.  As long as these biases do not affect public policy and people who these biases to assault others either verbally or physically are punished, society is fine.

This has to be a joke surely.

This has to be a joke surely.

Quite.

Rogers is pretty mediocre, only seen him a few times since his return and not much has changed.

Pretty much this. Standard MLS player through and through.

Lovely guy though, great attitude on and off the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

I was lineman this morning and when i gave a decision and someone behind me said "Fuck Off". I reacted with don't swear and this lad got up giving it large, so with an unusual amount of machoness i fronted up to realise he was actually brain damaged, kind of Stephen Hawkins on his feet (not trying to be funny there at all).

The supporters said, ignore him as he has a habit of doing that. Why bring him to under 11 game is what baffled me, seeing as he did carry on swearing a lot.

So my one show of manly aggression this decade was to a invalid. I feel great not.

I was lineman this morning and when i gave a decision and someone behind me said "Fuck Off". I reacted with don't swear and this lad got up giving it large, so with an unusual amount of machoness i fronted up to realise he was actually brain damaged, kind of Stephen Hawkins on his feet (not trying to be funny there at all).

The supporters said, ignore him as he has a habit of doing that. Why bring him to under 11 game is what baffled me, seeing as he did carry on swearing a lot.

So my one show of manly aggression this decade was to a invalid. I feel great not.

:lol: