Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Swedish fan was killed prior to the opening day of the season here today, Helsingborg-Djurgården was abandoned as fans stormed the pitch when news of his death filtered through.

The state of Swedish football - both playing wise and among fans - is worrying objectively speaking. Don't really support any team over here, but I go to games. It's all wrapped up in poor quality, little innovation, violence and hate rather than love for ones own team. Very different from going to football in England. Yet people here believe themselves to have imported the hooligan culture from England. What happend today didn't even surprise me.

I find the hooliganism in Swedish football interesting, as Sweden and Norway aren't all that different in its inhabitants mentalities or social structure. Yet our football cultures are nothing alike at all.

It don't know, but part of me suspect this is partly down to the 51% rule over here. Supporters have a lot of influence and stay close to the clubs, something that could and should be nothing but beneficial for our footballing culture. However, in recent years I think something has changed. The firms and those who believe football and violence belong together have increased their say in matters and sort of encapsulated the mood around stadiums. I hear and feel so much hate here.

Last season, Djurgårdens manager resigned after being "visited" by hooligans during a training session. In AIK, the CEO of the entire club is a former Hells Angels member with strong connections to their firm "Firman". Meanwhile, the entire debate over here is concerned with media portraying fans in a bad way, rather than how to minimize the influence of these people. They're fucking poison.

Good post, but Segui isn't the CEO, but the chairman of the board.

I've been looking forward to our opening game tonight for quite some time now until yesterday. Should have been great, two top teams at a sold out arena, but now I just feel like what the hell is the point. This whole thing is so much worse because it appears the man who was killed was just a regular fan on his way to the game with his brother, it literally could have happened to anyone.

Like you say, the whole media debate is horrible as well. While the media, and your average non-football interested person are doing everything they can to paint football supporters as the scum of society, a small group of hooligans seems to be doing their best to stay in the press by doing all sorts of stupid shite, like what we saw at the weekend. Being just an average match going fan can be so utterly tiring, because you know that in games like tonight, chances are always high that something terrible will happen which will set the same, tired old debate going again with people missing the point on both sides.

Swedish fan was killed prior to the opening day of the season here today, Helsingborg-Djurgården was abandoned as fans stormed the pitch when news of his death filtered through.

The state of Swedish football - both playing wise and among fans - is worrying objectively speaking. Don't really support any team over here, but I go to games. It's all wrapped up in poor quality, little innovation, violence and hate rather than love for ones own team. Very different from going to football in England. Yet people here believe themselves to have imported the hooligan culture from England. What happend today didn't even surprise me.

I find the hooliganism in Swedish football interesting, as Sweden and Norway aren't all that different in its inhabitants mentalities or social structure. Yet our football cultures are nothing alike at all.

It don't know, but part of me suspect this is partly down to the 51% rule over here. Supporters have a lot of influence and stay close to the clubs, something that could and should be nothing but beneficial for our footballing culture. However, in recent years I think something has changed. The firms and those who believe football and violence belong together have increased their say in matters and sort of encapsulated the mood around stadiums. I hear and feel so much hate here.

Last season, Djurgårdens manager resigned after being "visited" by hooligans during a training session. In AIK, the CEO of the entire club is a former Hells Angels member with strong connections to their firm "Firman". Meanwhile, the entire debate over here is concerned with media portraying fans in a bad way, rather than how to minimize the influence of these people. They're f***ing poison.

Good post, but Segui isn't the CEO, but the chairman of the board.

I've been looking forward to our opening game tonight for quite some time now until yesterday. Should have been great, two top teams at a sold out arena, but now I just feel like what the hell is the point. This whole thing is so much worse because it appears the man who was killed was just a regular fan on his way to the game with his brother, it literally could have happened to anyone.

Like you say, the whole media debate is horrible as well. While the media, and your average non-football interested person are doing everything they can to paint football supporters as the scum of society, a small group of hooligans seems to be doing their best to stay in the press by doing all sorts of stupid s****, like what we saw at the weekend. Being just an average match going fan can be so utterly tiring, because you know that in games like tonight, chances are always high that something terrible will happen which will set the same, tired old debate going again with people missing the point on both sides.

Aye, I think Segui's position just got lost in translation there. Actually went to the AIK supporters seminar at Solna Gymnasium the other weekend just out of interest. A good initiative but was far too much focused on blaming the media for creating a violent atmosphere.

Whilst I agree with you that responsibility for this lies on both sides (the lack of understanding and knowledge among the media and politicians is f***ing embarrassing), I think the Stockholm clubs in particular are dodging the most obvious and pressing issue; banning the firms. Tonight when you play Göteborg, I'm sure Firman Boys will have their banner up at Friends Arena, as usual. That sort of manifestation needs to be removed from not only the stadiums, but the clubs. A clear and very resolute stance against the firms. The same applies for Djurgården, IFK Göteborg, Malmö, Helsingborg and Hammarby and the other clubs who are usually involved.

Went to a hockey game between Linkoping and Djurgarden a few years ago, Djurgarden's football hooligans decided to make it an away trip, and I saw some of the most disgusting behaviour I have ever seen, men jumping into the family section and throwing fists at parents protecting their kids, as well as the arena stewards.

It makes me really angry that Allardyce gif. I mean, he's a greasy, fat mess of a human being and he's arrogant enough to laugh in the face of a professional footballer? The man's a disgrace.

Chico was diving as usual

It makes me really angry that Allardyce gif. I mean, he's a greasy, fat mess of a human being and he's arrogant enough to laugh in the face of a professional footballer? The man's a disgrace.

Chico was diving as usual

:thup:

Allardyce had every right.

:lol: Pardew on the other hand can nut them and it's "not that big of a deal"

Went to a hockey game between Linkoping and Djurgarden a few years ago, Djurgarden's football hooligans decided to make it an away trip, and I saw some of the most disgusting behaviour I have ever seen, men jumping into the family section and throwing fists at parents protecting their kids, as well as the arena stewards.

Not surprised the least. Don't know what's happend here tbh. It's all gone tits up in the past 10 years or so, escalating now more than ever. Last night was another shambles. Nobody (the poster) will tell you more as I'm sure he was there. AIK played IFK Gothenburg in their season opener. Game was interrupted twice. First because of a fire in one stand, a 9-year old was hit by a flare, the supporter who threw it was badly beaten, someone ran onto the pitch. Then the ref threatened to abandon the game because his assistant was being hit by too many objects from the stands.

This is, to put things into perspective, the day after a fan was killed in Helsingborg. Another thing that I noticed yesterday was the hooligan firm of AIK, Firman Boys, hanging their banner over another supporter initiative in the stadium with no action being taken from stewards or club. The day after their idea of "support" had taken an innocent man's life.

And the quality of football isn't even good here, there's no joy in our game. It's almost as tragic as NUFC.

Guest neesy111

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC 11m

.@ms_sissoko @CissePapiss and @the_dilsh are all up for March's Player of the Month award. Who gets your vote?

:lol: :lol:

:lol: