Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

What was said?

hammered ashley, carver, pryde, a journalist and Steve howey. Just went stone cold on everyone.

lfee, I've seen it on here but where does this carver wolves link come from? they're not having it on total sport.

Can't find much either, however:

http://talk-of-the-tyne.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=42287

ive known him since school was good mates for a while then lost touch as you do , they keep on about him being a geordie and his love for newcastle i fair enough he was born and bread in the west end but he was a staunch wolves fan and being honest theres no way he should manage us half decent coach no more

Keep finding these bits and pieces on other forums

ElCid has posted about it several times too:

I know John Carver pretty well from his younger days and he supported Wolves

Although he was Sir Bobby's number 2 he was more of a Terry Mac than say a Brian Kidd in terms of involvement and such when it came to coaching, advice, etc. He was basically Sir Bobbby's buffer.

I quite like Carver so its disappointing to hear this if not exactly surprising. He's basically a fan, getting paid a decent wedge, to work for NUFC, the club he loves, but in terms of ability he has about as much a right to be here as Pardew because he brings absolutely nothing to the club.

His actions cannot be defended and he needs to be reprimanded for this.

As a person who has known Carver for a lot of years he supported Wolves when he grew up not Newcastle.

What was said?

hammered ashley, carver, pryde, a journalist and Steve howey. Just went stone cold on everyone.

lfee, I've seen it on here but where does this carver wolves link come from? they're not having it on total sport.

Cheers though you missed out Mick Lowes on that list :lol:

Speaking of Lowes... He was quick to come on with a story to cover JC "Wolves was his 2nd team and a family member bought him a Wolves top"  Aye righto :lol:

Love how you don't rise to their absolute blatant attempts to provoke you LFEE  O0

Sick to death of them asking "Well who would YOU have got in January"

The money we REFUSED to pay in January for Remi Garde's backroom staff would have been millions cheaper than the money we have lost by falling from the top half to 17th. And it will be over £100 million if we are relegated. Pack of c***s, the lot of them.

Love how you don't rise to their absolute blatant attempts to provoke you LFEE  O0

Sick to death of them asking "Well who would YOU have got in January"

The money we REFUSED to pay in January for Remi Garde's backroom staff would have been millions cheaper than the money we have lost by falling from the top half to 17th. And it will be over £100 million if we are relegated. Pack of c***s, the lot of them.

Hoyed it on when I got in from work just as background really and didn't know it was one of us until the end. Was going "yeah" all the way through, like, as I disrobed and didn't listen to the missus's story of her day. I did re-robe btw. I do that sometimes. Neighbours, man, they're so petty about that sort of thing.

What was said?

:lol: :lol:

Out of all of our former managers, which of them was the best player at their peak?

Gullit? With Keegan and Shearer being close seconds?

Dalglish was pretty decent too.

Aye, forgot about him actually

Out of all of our former managers, which of them was the best player at their peak?

Cruyff

Guardiola

Rijkaard

Kubala

Luís Enrique

Then there's some club legends that went to manage us like César, Rifé or Samitier,  but I don't think they are much known outside our turf. Apparently Martino was a bit of a legend for Newell's, too.

Dalglish was pretty decent too.

Osvaldo Ardiles wasn't bad either!