Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Pretty much as I would expect tbh. I'd maybe have thought Stoke would be lower and Everton would be higher, but that's about it.

The answer is the media portrayal of our fans. We're deluded with massive expectations, remember.

It's all down to what is seen as our fanbase's arrogant desire for automatic and deserved success.

:lol: Keep forgetting how massively deluded we all are. My expectations have been set at 15th for the last 30 odd years with the odd good performance thrown in to make it acceptable and a bit fun. The KK years were a fucking blast and Sir Bobby did really well, but hatred? Actual hatred? I honestly don't understand. Maybe we're too far north for them :dontknow:

I'm not sure about hatred but i'd say fans other premier league clubs are just sick of us. That was the case when we were relegated anyway. We'd became a soap opera that got on everyone else's tits.

Ah, right, Northeastenders. OK, I get it now. Hatred is still a bit much, like, that was what they supposedly said. They probably had to tick a box to get a prize or something. These things are never representative. Surveys can fuck the fuck off, I'm sick of the morning news being full of "a survey says" and "scientists say" and such shite. I keep shouting at them but they won't stop. I don't watch for Family Fortunes rubbish.

:lol: Merry Christmas everyone!

It is most hated club tbf. A fair few of you guys probably voted for yourselves :lol:.

:lol: Every one, I hope. And the mackems would. But if it's weighted there must be others too. henke explains that people just want us to go. Haven't experienced that myself, but I live in Newcastle and only speak to nice people, so how would I know?

Remember the abuse we got in the media when we released the yellow away kit for the championship season? I think the reaction to it sums up how other supporters feel about us. We wore it away at West Brom for (I think) the opening game of the season, even the commentators were having a good old laugh about it. But if you looked around the ground there were plenty of West Brom fans wearing similar shirts, as their away kit from the year before was the same colour. But nobody gives a toss about WBA one way or the other do they? Not like us, we bring out a ropey kit and all the papers were devoting a full page to it so neutral fans could have a laugh. It's a yellow shirt for fucks sake!

A lot of fans will hate the attention we get.  They think we should be treated like a small, insignificant nothing club (like Sunderland) and it pisses them off that we consistently get big media attention whenever something is happening.

Basically if something major goes down at SJP then it'll be headlined on every UK sports network and radio.  While they love to laugh at the SJP circus they still think in the back of their minds that we should be given a little pat on the head and told nicely to fuck off back to the kiddie club table.

For me there is a fair bit of spite around from other fans, certainly an increase since t'internet came along.Main reason for this is the percieved notion amongst our support that we should be challenging at the top end of the table year on year. There is a uniqueness about our continued support/ lack of success ratio in the footballing  world, and this is reflected in other fans attitudes to us ranging from grudging respect to s load  of idiot northerners prepared to watch fucking paint dry.

An Australian referee spread some festive spirit by getting players to pull a Christmas cracker instead of tossing a coin before Sydney FC's match with Central Coast Mariners on Boxing Day.

:lol: