Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Not the messiah most lauded him to be on here. Had it far too easy, cherry picking jobs.

Look at Rafa taking on this mess compared to this fucker. He'll never do anything that requires talent, just a big cheque book.

I always say this and get shouted down,  completely agree.

It's the way he always says he wants a new challenge that makes me laugh.

It's like someone who claims he's phenomenal at video games always playing on easy. Bit pathetic really. He'll go after the Celtic job next.

It's still a challenge trying to win league titles with top clubs to be fair. Only time will tell how good a manager Guardiola is but so far he's doing pretty well. It's not like he's some chancer who's turning up at clubs and just watching top players win games for him. Winning at top clubs is still difficult hence why Mourinho messed up at Chelsea this season, Pellegrini at Man City this season, Klopp at Dortmund last season, Ancelotti couldn't even win the title when he first took over PSG.

Bayern and Barca are obviously huge clubs in their respective countries but they don't win the league every year, that's just a fact. Bayern have never won the league four times in a row (I don't think) and are going to now (Heynckes x 1, Pep x 3), the last time they won three in a row was 98-01. When Guardiola agreed to join Bayern they hadn't won the treble, they were probably top but the season before they finished 8 points off the pace.

Barca finished 18 points off the title the year before Guardiola came. Yes, he had some amazing players but Guardiola brought Pique, Busquets and Pedro in. Guardiola changed Messi's position, got rid of Ronaldinho and Eto'o. He wasn't just standing around while everyone did the work for him.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's obviously as good as any, but you have to look at his success and what he has achieved and realise that he has had it good, very good indeed. If a manager could win the lottery, he did and twice. He wont find it as easy at City which I think he has done at Bayern and especially Barca.

People bemoan the PL, but its tough, unforgiving and its extra competitive these days. As a comparison, I prefer Klopp over Guardiola. The latter is obviously a better coach or manager or whatever, but I think someone like Klopp will succeed at a club under various constraints where as Guradiola needs certain elements to be in place to succeed.

Not the worst crime a team can commit on the pitch, nor a foolproof indicator of incompetence, but a competent professional footballer ought to be able to find a team-mate in his own half pretty regularly. Not in Newcastle, though, where players failed to find a team-mate inside their own half an incredible 906 times. That means that, 25 times per game, they pass the ball to the opposition in an area of the pitch they should control.

:anguish:

Says volumes, imho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/06/cameroon-international-patrick-ekeng-dies-after-collapsing-on-pi/

Cameroonian international Patrick Ekeng has died after collapsing on the pitch during a match with his Romanian club Dinamo Bucharest.

The 26-year-old defensive midfielder fell to the ground without any contact with another player just seven minutes after coming on as a substitute during a league game against Viitorul Constanta.

Ekeng, who joined the Romanian club in January, was rushed to hospital where staff were unable to resuscitate him.

"Resuscitation attempts were made for an hour and half without success," Dinamo team doctor Liviu Paltinean told journalists.

Fans of the Bucharest club gathered outside the hospital late into the night to express their grief at the player's death.

"I can't believe it. It's a nightmare. For me, for the team and for all Dinamo supporters. It's too much," said club executive director and former player Ionel Danciulescu.

In 2003, Cameroon international midfielder Marc-Vivien Foe died after collapsing during a Confederations Cup match against Colombia in France.

Horrible news.

RIP.

It's small fry but going to a game and seeing that. Grim.

I still remember listening to the Muamba match on the radio in the car and no one knowing what was going on, was horrible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36236116

Champions League matches could be played at weekends from 2021.

The idea is one of several being discussed by European governing body Uefa as it looks to maximise interest in its flagship club competition.

Any change to the Champions League schedule would not happen for at least five years because of its broadcasting cycles.

"It is far too early to speculate about changes to the formats of our club competitions," said a Uefa spokesman.

The Champions League, previously known as the European Cup, has been played as a midweek competition since 1968.

Its final was played in midweek until 2010 but now takes place on a Saturday.

Weekend games could be staged at times more suited to the television audience in the Far East but would require changes to domestic schedules.

The Uefa spokesman added: "We are in constant dialogue with all stakeholders and any decisions will be taken in agreement with them."