Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I was watching the FA Cup semi-final with Brighton manager Chris Hughton, who turned to me and said: "He'll save this."

He was, of course, referring to David de Gea, who was about to thwart Romelu Lukaku from the penalty spot and break Everton fans' hearts. Hughton was predicting things that only a manager could possibly know in the very evenly-balanced cup tie and it was starting to irritate me. I wanted to ask him how Roberto Martinez would have been feeling, and can a manager actually do anything when his team have just missed a penalty?

I was glad I didn't because it would have been the wrong question. De Gea actually 'saved' both the penalty and Manchester United from another season of mediocrity. United's win means Louis van Gaal has the opportunity in May's final to avoid an ignominious exit from Old Trafford - and also tightened the noose around Martinez's neck. Who would have thought you could do all that with one save?

Would love to catch a game with Garth if he didn't kill me at the end :lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine if one day we found out that Disco was actually a massive racist and we'd just been giving him too much credit.