Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Burnley striker Andre Gray is suspended for four matches for comments made on social media.

Ridiculous

He made racist remarks. [emoji38] It serves him right and it's absolutely the right sort of punishment. The only thing that's ridiculous about it is that it's from 2014.

Aye that's why I was calling it ridiculous

I thought they were homophobic and were from 5 years ago? Has he made more? :lol:

EDIT: Just reading up on it now, completely missed that:

"I hate lightys" :lol:

Would have been playing Championship football then too, the absolute sp*****.

Lightys? Are we lightys? :lol:

That's brilliant. Can't wait to hit the pub with ma lightys tomorrow.

Lightys? Is that a thing?? Never heard of that before.

The BBC and Sky Sports both say it's due to the 2012 homophobic tweets, makes no reference to the racist ones.

Burnley striker Andre Gray has been suspended for four matches after being found guilty of misconduct in relation to comments he posted on social media.

Gray, 25, had been charged by the Football Association for bringing the game into disrepute over homophobic posts he made on Twitter in 2012.

Burnley forward Andre Gray has been handed a four-game suspension by the FA for misconduct in relation to comments he made on social media.

The ban starts with immediate effect and the 25-year-old has also been fined £25,000, warned as to his future conduct, and ordered to attend an FA education course.

The homophobic Twitter posts emerged only recently but date back to 2012, when Gray was playing for Hinckley Town.

Guest firetotheworks

The BBC and Sky Sports both say it's due to the 2012 homophobic tweets, makes no reference to the racist ones.

Burnley striker Andre Gray has been suspended for four matches after being found guilty of misconduct in relation to comments he posted on social media.

Gray, 25, had been charged by the Football Association for bringing the game into disrepute over homophobic posts he made on Twitter in 2012.

Burnley forward Andre Gray has been handed a four-game suspension by the FA for misconduct in relation to comments he made on social media.

The ban starts with immediate effect and the 25-year-old has also been fined £25,000, warned as to his future conduct, and ordered to attend an FA education course.

The homophobic Twitter posts emerged only recently but date back to 2012, when Gray was playing for Hinckley Town.

The news has changed. An hour ago it was the 'I hate lightys' one from 2014. We didn't make it up ye nah? :lol:

The news has changed. An hour ago it was the 'I hate lightys' one from 2014. We didn't make it up ye nah? :lol:

Aye I know :lol: Was just wondering if he might receive a further ban for the racist ones?

I thought they were homophobic and were from 5 years ago? Has he made more? :lol:

EDIT: Just reading up on it now, completely missed that:

"I hate lightys" :lol:

Would have been playing Championship football then too, the absolute sp*****.

The "racist" stuff is bs. Lighty is a term used to describe a light skin black/mixed race person, almost exclusively used by black people. Andre Gray himself is a lighty.

It's like an Irishman getting in trouble for saying "I hate Paddy's!" It shouldn't be tweeted but getting a suspension for it is too far.

NUFC home attendances 2016/2017:

Huddersfield (h) - 52,079 with 3,200 away fans = 48,879

Reading (h) - 48,209 with 550 away fans = 47,659

Brighton (h) - 49,196 with 1,800 away fans = 47,396

Wolves (h) - 52,117 with 3,200 away fans = 48,917

Average of 48,213 against a capacity of 49,205 home fans at SJP (with away fans having an allocation of 3,200).

97.98% of home tickets sold so far.

Staggering really, especially when you look at the likes of Villa.

Some people are obsessed with attendances like.

Most of the posts on this forum this season have been about our amazing best-in-the-world fans, apart from the periods after a game when we're talking about the shit away patter, dreary home atmosphere, drug taking and abuse of the players. Perhaps we should knock the incessant back-slapping on the head for a bit.