Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Is it just me or is Vincent Kompany overrated?  They were calling him one of the worlds best defenders on MOTD but I just don't see it.

He's a good defender but not special IMO.

I think he's class, plus he looks like Kryten so :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

His performance at SJP in 11/12 was one of the most one sided and dominant defensive displays I've ever seen against us. It's not that we played badly either, he was just colossal.

At what point will Countries announce their world cup squads ? Way to soon now I know but is it usually before or after the end of the season ?

As with the 2010 tournament, each team's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup will consist of 23 players (three of whom must be goalkeepers). Each participating national association has to confirm their final 23-player squad no later than 10 days before the start of the tournament. Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game

At what point will Countries announce their world cup squads ? Way to soon now I know but is it usually before or after the end of the season ?

As with the 2010 tournament, each team's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup will consist of 23 players (three of whom must be goalkeepers). Each participating national association has to confirm their final 23-player squad no later than 10 days before the start of the tournament. Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game

Good.. just wondering at what point the French lads will start to worry about their fitness, as long as they are still guessing if they have made the squad by the end of the season effort should stay high.

Indoor pitches are basically carpeted. Artificial turf's not all that different either. Both are awful to play on.

Now if it were shag carpeting or something...

Yes, that is what I am talking about, good quality pile carpet.

Persian rugs laid down over top an inch of memory foam.

Indoor pitches are basically carpeted. Artificial turf's not all that different either. Both are awful to play on.

Now if it were shag carpeting or something...

Yes, that is what I am talking about, good quality pile carpet.

Persian rugs laid down over top an inch of memory foam.

:sweetjesus: This is the future.

I hear the phrase 'The pitch is like a carpet', it had me wondering, what would it be like if they actually laid a carpet on a full sized pitch.

Obviously a lot of knee burns but I bet it would smell lush.

can you imagine hoovering the fucker.

I hear the phrase 'The pitch is like a carpet', it had me wondering, what would it be like if they actually laid a carpet on a full sized pitch.

Obviously a lot of knee burns but I bet it would smell lush.

can you imagine hoovering the f***er.

half of these fuckers would be snorting the shak'n'vac.

Old-style Astroturf was aaful, 3G is decent to play on.

Sand-based? Never minded it. Low shots would fucking zip.

Aye, blisters-ahoy and it wrecked when hit the deck. Was good for pulling off some sweet hits though.

Old-style Astroturf was aaful, 3G is decent to play on.

Sand-based? Never minded it. Low shots would fucking zip.

An ever so slightly overhit pass is fucking forget about it on the sand base pitches  :lol:

Actually improved our games as you really really had to place your passes on it.

Never like heading the ball though, two handfuls of course grade sand in the eyes :scared: