Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Would be quite funny if the US in about 15 years were absolute wank in the air.

I didn't know we had a reputation as being even average in the air ... or anywhere else for that matter :lol:

Well I don't pay enough attention to US football to know, but it'd be class if come WC 2034 in Antarctica you lot kept conceding from set pieces, or went something absolutely ridiculous like 102 games without scoring from a corner.

... I scored a header once for my university intramural team. Fuck knows how. Corner came in and I was just standing on the keeper to piss him off, it managed to bounce and go through about 10 people, nodded it in from about a yard. Barely made it over the line :lol:

The whole "merrr it encourages kids to play a certain style of the game which is flavour of the month" is a silly argument.

Because you say it is? I'd say being able to properly control the ball with your chest/feet and pass accurately along the ground are pretty fundamental to any style of football.

The whole "merrr it encourages kids to play a certain style of the game which is flavour of the month" is a silly argument.

Because you say it is? I'd say being able to properly control the ball with your chest/feet and pass accurately along the ground are pretty fundamental to any style of football.

It's an important part of the game. Just because it isn't as trendy now doesn't mean it isn't a useful skillset.

It's an entirely facile argument when the real issue is whether or not it's giving kids brain damage.

Played striker for about 10 years through youth football and I don't think I ever scored a header in a game :lol: There's generally not a lot of crosses or long balls at that level anyway.

This is where i'm at. Where are kids continually heading the ball? Academies? Barely head the thing until  13/14 in youth teams and school football teams. And even then it's mostly Berahino attempts from defenders.

Bored at work so looking up stats. Ozil has 10 assists this season.  :o

24 in his time in the PL and he hasn't really played that many games. Yet pundits and commentators critique him more than any player I've ever seen.

His assist against Spurs was his sixth in consecutive games, a new PL record.

He's shit though, ujpest told me.