Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Ironic considering football is sold as entertainment by the company that he works for. If it was all about winning, everyone would still be talking about that Greece side that won the euros and everyone would tune in to watch Chelsea every week over Barcelona. He's a defender who couldn't play, it's not surprising that the idea of teams playing attractive football is beyond him, football will have become solely about winning to him the moment he realised he wasn't anywhere near as good a footballer as Steve McManaman or John Barnes.

That's probably the case, unfortunately. Definitely in England anyway (though that's not a fair comparison, obviously).

I really don't think it is like. :lol: I'm sure Barca and Real are the most watched teams around the world.

I hope you're right :thup:

Not for me, he's already 31 and seemed to be ageing rapidly before his Russian excursion. Then again, though not hard, would likely be better than Colo/Williamson/Saylor.

Willo and Saylor's contracts are up in the summer and it would be criminal if either were given another. So we're going to be down two homegrown CBs (nevermind that Saylor's never actually fit, play along). I would hope, but do not actually expect, that eventually the focus will have to shift from punts on cheap foreign players to domestic. 

Willo and Saylor's contracts are up in the summer and it would be criminal if either were given another. So we're going to be down two homegrown CBs (nevermind that Saylor's never actually fit, play along). I would hope, but do not actually expect, that eventually the focus will have to shift from punts on cheap foreign players to domestic.

The bigger problem is not scouting players in line with what the team need rather than not buying domestic players IMO. Mbemba is a good Colo replacement if that was the intention but it obviously wasn't