Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

If Guardiola had any real stones he'd jump at the opportunity to bring Pompey back from the dead. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't proven anything.

There's probably a middle ground between Pompey and choosing one of the richest couple of clubs in the world. Again.

No idea why everybody wants him to drop down mind though, He started at the very top ( after the initial stint with Barca B) and was successful at it. Nobody asks any other manager to drop down and do it with a lesser team so why does it apply to him? Same goes with Messi, everyone for years wanted him to leave Barca and " challenge" himself but for some reason this doesn't apply to any other footballer.

It's all a load of bollocks IMO, i know Deuce wasn't being serious :lol: but just in general the whole mindset baffles me.

Messi's stayed at the same club though, and a footballer isn't like a manager, they can't have an effect on an entire club in the same way. What's the point in "wanting a new challenge" that's not actually a challenge? Is he just going to go round each European country managing the richest, most successful club and hoovering up the credit for it?

Why not try Juventus, Pep, that'll be really interesting for you. Then give Basel a shot, and I hear Celtic could do with a 15th consecutive title. Yawn.

I wouldn't say it's unique to him though. Most of the managers considered Europe's best will turn their nose up at any job that doesn't come with either 1st or 2nd as a cast-iron guarantee even if the janitor was managing them. I've got far more respect for someone like Simeone than any of them.

Juve or Milan would be great for him as part of trying to restore the italian league which seems to have lost some quality compared to others. He isn't going to go somewhere without super resources though and I don't know if the italian clubs can really compete at the moment.

I don't think he should drop down, the expectations should be necessarily higher. If he is the best manager about he needs to be winning champions leagues something that he has fallen short with at Bayern so far, but he has a good shot this year.

If Guardiola had any real stones he'd jump at the opportunity to bring Pompey back from the dead. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't proven anything.

There's probably a middle ground between Pompey and choosing one of the richest couple of clubs in the world. Again.

No idea why everybody wants him to drop down mind though, He started at the very top ( after the initial stint with Barca B) and was successful at it. Nobody asks any other manager to drop down and do it with a lesser team so why does it apply to him? Same goes with Messi, everyone for years wanted him to leave Barca and " challenge" himself but for some reason this doesn't apply to any other footballer.

It's all a load of bollocks IMO, i know Deuce wasn't being serious [emoji38] but just in general the whole mindset baffles me.

Messi's stayed at the same club though, and a footballer isn't like a manager, they can't have an effect on an entire club in the same way. What's the point in "wanting a new challenge" that's not actually a challenge? Is he just going to go round each European country managing the richest, most successful club and hoovering up the credit for it?

Why not try Juventus, Pep, that'll be really interesting for you. Then give Basel a shot, and I hear Celtic could do with a 15th consecutive title. Yawn.

I wouldn't say it's unique to him though. Most of the managers considered Europe's best will turn their nose up at any job that doesn't come with either 1st or 2nd as a cast-iron guarantee even if the janitor was managing them. I've got far more respect for someone like Simeone than any of them.

:thup:

Philip Harmeling ‏@PhilipHarmeling  34m34 minutes ago

UPDATE: FC Sion will finalize the signature of Ronaldinho in January. The director Marco Degennaro confirmed that it's a done deal.

Just retire man.

It's all a load of bollocks IMO, i know Deuce wasn't being serious :lol: but just in general the whole mindset baffles me.

Saying Bayern wasn't a challenge is massive hindsight though, when he agreed to take over mid season Dortmund had won the league back to back and nobody saw them winning the treble and they hadn't won the league in 4 years(which is ages for them). It's alright now but Heynckes was under massive pressure at the time and didn't have anywhere near the praise he does now.

Also Simeone ? the same Simeone who flopped at Catania and did ok at Santander? he did no different than any other manager, he took the best job available to him it's not like he started at someone bigger and dropped down to Atletico Madrid.

Like i said the whole mindsight is utterly baffling, no one has a problem with Ancelotti jumping from ready made job to ready made job ( and if it isn't ready made he has the finance available to fix it) and he isn't the only one. But for some reason there's pre conceived expectation that Pep should challenged himself at a lesser team when it doesn't apply to anyone else, not to mention the ridiculous idea that if he doesn't win the treble every year he's flopped when that has never applied to anyone else in the history of the sport.

It's all a load of bollocks IMO, i know Deuce wasn't being serious [emoji38] but just in general the whole mindset baffles me.

Saying Bayern wasn't a challenge is massive hindsight though, when he agreed to take over mid season Dortmund had won the league back to back and nobody saw them winning the treble and they hadn't won the league in 4 years(which is ages for them). It's alright now but Heynckes was under massive pressure at the time and didn't have anywhere near the praise he does now.

Also Simeone ? the same Simeone who flopped at Catania and did ok at Santander? he did no different than any other manager, he took the best job available to him it's not like he started at someone bigger and dropped down to Atletico Madrid.

Like i said the whole mindsight is utterly baffling, no one has a problem with Ancelotti jumping from ready made job to ready made job ( and if it isn't ready made he has the finance available to fix it) and he isn't the only one. But for some reason there's pre conceived expectation that Pep should challenged himself at a lesser team when it doesn't apply to anyone else, not to mention the ridiculous idea that if he doesn't win the treble every year he's flopped when that has never applied to anyone else in the history of the sport.

Let's look at it the other way. Taking over a Champions League winning team and then getting comprehensively beaten in Europe two years in a row and he still gets praised as the best manager in the World by a lot of people

Mistaking Racing Santander for Racing Club in Argentina  :iamatwat:

Guest Howaythetoon

A winner wants to win. Top manager's go to top clubs to win stuff. Its that simple. It would be interesting for someone like Mourinho to rock up at Newcastle for example of course, but if you were him, a winner, you would go to a club that can win things, not just cups but titles and European glory.

To argue that Mourinho or whoever isn't so great because they haven't won the title with say Stoke is a stupid argument.

KK said when he joined NUFC as a player it inspired all around him to deliver results, but that it would never last because at the end of the day, a good number of the players weren't good enough.

There are several types of manager. Pullis would probably do a better job with say WBA than Mourinho. KK would do a better job with NUFC than say Chelsea.

Guest firetotheworks

We haven't been awarded a penalty for almost a year.

We've not had the advantage of an opposition red card for 2 years.

Eh? Stoke was just under a year ago.

Guest neesy111

We haven't been awarded a penalty for almost a year.

We've not had the advantage of an opposition red card for 2 years.

Eh? Stoke was just under a year ago.

You mean Boxing Day two years ago?

Yes it was.