Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Dele Alli pulling a Depay and refusing to use his second name on his shirt.

Saw something about this earlier, apparently it was a "long thought out decision"... What is he taking about exactly, is there any really reason here?

Feels no connection to his surname, something about not liking his dad.

Saw something about this earlier, apparently it was a "long thought out decision"... What is he taking about exactly, is there any really reason here?

He should think long and hard about why he flopped at the euros as well.

Guest chopey

He should think long and hard about why he flopped at the euros as well.

I think this could one of those times when a footballer isn't doing stuff for vanity and it really is personal, I was told last Christmas in Belfast that this lad was virtually dragged up, his Dad left him when he was very young and his mother preferred drinking sniffing and partying than looking after her son and she left him to fend for himself when he was 13 and he was adopted by a lovely couple called the Hickman's.

Guest chopey

Tbf I've got a mate that changed his surname when he was 30 because his old name reminded him of his abusive dad, I hope this doesn't become a story because the surname is a Muslim one,

And yet he waited until he was a famous professional footballer to do anything about it.....

But He's what? 19? It's probably a long process plus you'd have to change all your bills, IDs, and the lot. This would be the perfect time to do it as you can have someone do all that stuff for you.

Guest neesy111

Wasnt a massive fan of that Fletch and Sav show that was on BT on saturday mornings, but now the only choice is Soccer AM which is just an appalling show, so that's a bit shit

Anything with Robbie Savage is shit.  The End.

Guest chicken little

Why has he used his surname since he started playing though? Only to release a huge story about it when he has 'made it'?

If he hated it that much, he'd never have worn it on his back.

because, conversely, if he'd done it before he was famous it wouldn't have been a big story and no one would have heard about it nor given a shit?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/11/28/article-2515225-19B2F97100000578-800_634x458.jpg