Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Would be a nightmare at SJP for policing and be crap for home fans imo.

A totally ridiculous rule if it comes in, why do away fans need to be near to the pitch? There is no reasonable thought process behind it.

Where would they put 5,000 away fans in the lower tier at SJP for cup games?

Probably to stop away fans getting charged £50 for a crappy obstructed view half a mile in the air.  Also looks better on TV for the PL brand maybe.  Not that bad an idea really.

Why the fuck are they bringing that in?  Been a few rule changes lately where the reason for it isn't exactly very clear.  As an away fan I'd rather be behind the goal personally, but it should just be up to the clubs like it always has been.

A totally ridiculous rule if it comes in, why do away fans need to be near to the pitch? There is no reasonable thought process behind it.

Tough they will have to cope.

It's a great rule and will improve the atmosphere as it will engage the two sets of fans at all home games hopefully if we get promoted.

Applies to league only but could easily have the away fans behind the Leazes & East corner.

Bemused by the negativity something like this brings out in fans.

I think it'll be good for the atmosphere. I much prefer it as an away fan - it was way better at the mackems before they moved us up. I think it definitely makes it easier to ignore the away fans at our place because they're stuck up there, which is nice since we lose so much, but it's not good for them or the atmosphere.

Just realised the leazes west corner is next to posh seats so they wont go there. East stand it'd be, then? But then away fans would be on the main TV camera in each game, probably something they don't want

Tough they will have to cope.

It's a great rule and will improve the atmosphere as it will engage the two sets of fans at all home games hopefully if we get promoted.

Applies to league only but could easily have the away fans behind the Leazes & East corner.

Bemused by the negativity something like this brings out in fans.

We should be able to create an atmosphere ourselves rather than needing the away fans to chirp in.

In my opinion this move would break up the home support at SJP and create less of an atmosphere. It'd totally seperate the two tiers, at the moment you have some noise from the upper tier due to the away fans being up there and the fans who sit directly next to them. Move the away fans and the upper tier would be totally disconnected from the rest of the ground.

Add in the logistics and extra cost to the club of having to deal with the mackems sitting there when we play them and this rule serves no purpose (for us anyway).

One thing I love is that you only see our fans in our home matches on TV and when the opposition scored, you'd hear them high above and the away players would have to look up. Keep it that way imo.

Why the fuck are they bringing that in?  Been a few rule changes lately where the reason for it isn't exactly very clear.  As an away fan I'd rather be behind the goal personally, but it should just be up to the clubs like it always has been.

Probably to stop bellend football clubs shoving away fans into godawful seats in the heavens. Like we did.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/impressive-jaap-stam-passes-first-11724740

Are you Geordies sure?

A most amusing aspect of the pre-season banter was the blinkered blathering from the fans of Newcastle United.

“We’ll soon be back where we belong,” they echoed, so confident of a swift return to the promised land of the Premier League.

Even given the fanatical loyalty of the Geordie hordes, I still find that a strange viewpoint.

Look at the EFL pyramid and the facts don’t lie.

Newcastle now “belong” in the Championship, having surrendered their elite status due to a dismal campaign last time around.

Delusions of grandeur are two a penny in England’s second tier.

Just glance at those who are still living on past glories as they struggle to regain their “rightful place” among the PL big boys.

A small sample - Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Derby County, Leeds United, Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Many other lesser lights can be added to that list. Even if their stay in the top flight may have been brief, they also still feel a sense of belonging among England’s crème de la crème.

Reality checks arrive every week in the Championship. Fulham 1, Newcastle 0 at Craven Cottage last Friday immediately springs to mind.

“It’s a wake-up call,” Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez conceded. For him, his players … and their perennially deluded fans.

What a fucking flid :lol:

All I got from that is Reading supporters realise they are now irrelevant and so believe we should be too.

I've zero idea what that's supposed to mean but I think I like it.

Reading between the lines I'm guessing he's having as much difficulty reading Reading as much as you find reading Reading as Reading or reading.