2013/14 - Reasons for Positivity? UPDATE: Three!

Ketsbaia

How do you guys stay so positive after all the shit you've been thru?

I feel shattered and here you are preparing your next season with big hopes and expectations.

I am getting tired of this "Next year will be the year!" nonsense.

I feel shattered and here you are preparing your next season with big hopes and expectations.

You'll get used to it - a fair chunk of posters jack-knifed from game-to-game believing that the 'next game' would be the one where everything came together last season and we'd look like the sum of our impressive parts. It's the textual version of white noise after a while :lol:

When the right cheek hurts like hell you just focus on the left one. By the time that one is bruised to fuck, the right one is healed up.

How do you guys stay so positive after all the s*** you've been thru?

I'm not positive in the slightest, but if i'm negative in a positive thread then people will probably throw shit at me.

We aren't that positive at all. This thread has five pages total while the Pardew thread has been averaging 100 a week.  :lol: I guess if you always expect the worst to happen you can never be disappointed and it makes the little things actually seem like a big achievement.

Football isn't that positive at all right now.. If players on the Champions League finalists can be picked off by "bigger" clubs, then do clubs like Benfica or Newcastle even stand a chance to do anything more than the status quo? It's pretty depressing. 

When the right cheek hurts like hell you just focus on the left one. By the time that one is bruised to fuck, the right one is healed up.

Says something like that in the Bible IIRC.

Says something like that in the Bible IIRC.

:lol: Yeah.

We aren't that positive at all. This thread has five pages total while the Pardew thread has been averaging 100 a week.  :lol: I guess if you always expect the worst to happen you can never be disappointed and it makes the little things actually seem like a big achievement.

Football isn't that positive at all right now.. If players on the Champions League finalists can be picked off by "bigger" clubs, then do clubs like Benfica or Newcastle even stand a chance to do anything more than the status quo? It's pretty depressing.

Yes it is. And it is more depressing when you support a Historical Club like Benfica or NUFC.

I am shattered. This year was our shot, and we lost everything at the last seconds of two matches.

Now, lots of players will go away and  back to the depressive spree we go.

Why is football like that?

Classic teams should be the ones rewarded, not these neo-geo teams built on money.

It's unfair to the max.

Was thinking about this and the lessons they might have learnt from this season and I honestly believe that part of our problem with the EL was that we kept chopping and changing and almost putting out 2 different teams for PL and EL games.

Winning is a habit and through winning games you build confidence and momentum within the team.  Perhaps if we'd sent out our first team for each match and dished out a few drubbings to the likes of Atromitos, Maritimo and Benfica (jotenko  :p ) we might have had something to build on throughout the season.

I guess my point is that I hope he's learned that we should be going out to win every game we play with our strongest 11.  Stop telling the players they're tired, let them get a rhythm with a settled 11 (barring injuries) and get some confidence and belief going.

Pardews tactics have been so poor it's made our players look awful, which hopefully will deter bids.

Pardews tactics haven't changed.  The likes of Cabaye, tiote, ba, and cisse all still increased their values with excellent performances through last season though.

They haven't just looked awful because of tactics, they have been awful as individuals and would take a chunk of the blame.

If they will not buck their ideas up for him he's better off selling.

Tiote interview just up at the Ronnie....

In a candid end-of-season interview, Tiote told the Chronicle: “I look at myself in the mirror and know it hasn’t been good enough.

“As a player, you want the club to go forward.

“And I think it’s important to think about yourself when you finish the season and reflect on whether you’ve done well or not – we haven’t unfortunately.”

Guest neesy111

5. We're guaranteed 18 points off the mackems, Hull and cardydd.

What a stupid thing to say

I'll bet we get less than 10 from them.

Tiote interview just up at the Ronnie....

In a candid end-of-season interview, Tiote told the Chronicle: “I look at myself in the mirror and know it hasn’t been good enough.

“As a player, you want the club to go forward.

“And I think it’s important to think about yourself when you finish the season and reflect on whether you’ve done well or not – we haven’t unfortunately.”

He seems to bat between talking about himself and the team as a whole.

He's been poor this season. I think the opposition have sussed him out and are putting him under pressure early, and he then struggles to keep control of the ball. You can't afford to have a DM giving the ball away that often, because he's usually playing with most of the team ahead of him.

I'd be looking for an upgrade.

Sorry, just realised this is a positivity thread - an upgrade should be very feasible.

Tiote told the Chronicle: “I look at myself in the mirror and know it hasn’t been good enough.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/83231106.gif

Before this season started I thought I was going to be a very hard season, especially with the very thin squad. For some reason I was thinking it would be typical us to get relegated. Then January came and the club really surprised me with actually adressing a lot of the issues of the squad, and from then on I was just looking forward to the next season. I was still very dissappointed with the liverpool and () matches and it almost took the believe away. I really do think we have a very good squad and they will benefit a lot from a pre-season together. I also think Pardew can do alright with them.