2013/14 - Reasons for Positivity? UPDATE: Three!

Ketsbaia

Tiote told the Chronicle: “I look at myself in the mirror and know it hasn’t been good enough.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/730195/83231106.gif

:lol:

Guest palnese

As bad as we've been, there's only about 8 teams that are significantly better than us, and half of them are the big guns.

And how many are significantly worse than us?

As bad as we've been, there's only about 8 teams that are significantly better than us, and half of them are the big guns.

And how many are significantly worse than us?

Other than the shambles that was QPR, the points suggest that a clutch of teams around us are as bad as each other.

1)  French players will have settled down

If they're still here...

2) A summer of rest for Cabaye & Ben Arfa

Cracking, there's £30m to buy Andy Carroll with.

3) New signings

Alan Pardew, 1st September 2013: "We tried to get one, possibly two over the line, and we was unlucky that both deals fell through at the last minute. We've got Mike and Shola though, and I'm confident that we'll do well and hopefully strengthen in January."

4) Playing to Pardew’s strengths

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

5) A domestic cup run

Out in our first game in both cups.

:suicide:

I can't think of a season causing me to be more devoid of passion and pride in the club since the one just been. Absolutely terrible time to support Newcastle United. This feels much worse than the relegation season and I have no idea why. I expect nothing but dross for next year.

Guest Dontooner

This is the best you should ever expect from us.

This is the highest standard of  football that would  be played under Pardew.

This is a game if play 38 times that he would come out and praise how they played and the Newcastle Fans are Drunk with ecstasy in it.

This Carpet football is the promised land, we will fight for the top 6 in this form.

Remember, this is the best we could possibly play because next season, we would be seeing alot worse matches.

Carve this in your minds because this is the only drop of Champagne in a sea of Yellow P*ss.

This is the best you should ever expect from us.

This is the highest standard of  football that would  be played under Pardew.

This is a game if play 38 times that he would come out and praise how they played and the Newcastle Fans are Drunk with ecstasy in it.

This Carpet football is the promised land, we will fight for the top 6 in this form.

Remember, this is the best we could possibly play because next season, we would be seeing alot worse matches.

Carve this in your minds because this is the only drop of Champagne in a sea of Yellow P*ss.

poetry :lol:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Aston Villa won't be down here with us next season, hell even Sunderland should do better.

As good as they have been in the last few weeks, their defending is poor and if they don't replace Benteke who'll most likely leave for a better team, then they will certainly be relegation candidates again

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

No ACN

No Euro's

No Europa League

French lads will learn the language and will have time to find their feet

Colo will stay for half/ one more season

We'll sign a striker and some young lads for the development team

The obvious thing to say and the line that pardew seems to be putting out there is that "It couldn't really get any worse" than this season. But it can, we started off ok last season, getting a few results that didn't really reflect how badly we were playing. Every chance that we will be in for a fight for a PL lives again.

The other thing is that Ashley retaining Pardew, while not sending out the message that 16th is acceptable, it considerably lowers the level of what is acceptable. Finishing 10-14th next year could be seen a success and progress by the ownership and IMO at least that is not acceptable for NUFC. Not wanting to fall into the generally mocked "deluded newcastle fan" section, but really we should be competing much higher up the table than that.

With Pardew in charge there really is very little hope, he's already started getting the message across that the transfer policy we've been following of bringing in young talented and technical players from abroad is the reason for our bad season last year and the only way to fix it is to buy experienced English players. This could potentially set us back a few years and undo all the good work we have done since Carr joined.

I don't see any reasons to be positive at all just more reason to worry.

There really isn't anything to be positive about at this moment but i will mention a few things that if they were to happen then i'd be positive.

Firstly get some more width, creativity and goals in the team.

Start with the width, we desperate need someone with good pace, dribbling ability who can cross to a decent standard.... Pardew mentioned PL experience? I would look at Scott Sinclair surely he's got to be available for peanuts.

Creativity.... this can either be a attacking midfielder or #10 or someone like Carrick who gets the ball from the defence and starts attacks maybe not always directly creating goals but creating space and options for others from deeper positions.

The obvious one is goals, would like to see a striker come in who can create things for himself as well as scoring the goals be it through raw power like Bony for example or pace and dribbling skills like Aubameyang.

Now for the coaching side...

Pardew desperately needs some assistance in the coaching department in regards to attacking, passing retention and off the ball movement ( i suppose you could argue this all comes under attacking )

Also the fitness and physio coaching department needs a complete review and some quality coaches added in both departments to stop some of the ridiculous injuries we have had this year, i'm aware injuries can and will happen but not the amount of hamstring and other pulls on a consistent basis.

This is a case of bad preparation in training and for match day, i really hope behind closed doors that a complete rework of the coaching staff is a big part of this summers review of what went wrong.

If all these things happen then i will be positive about the new season but i will not hold my breath.