Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

Bang.

So much Midds post. Just signed for the publicity, no other club willing for a while because he is famously unprofessional, injured constantly and mediocre at best. Once in a while does something special but so what.

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull s*** that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as f*** world.

Sad reality under our s*** owner.

Rondon wanted ‘a normal wage’? There’s a reason he’s in China and not at Wolves, West Ham or Everton etc now.

Yeah, that reason is Rafa.

Now fuck off you WUM.

:clap:

He wanted a normal *footballers* wage and if he wants 100k plus then he's entitled to ask for it - players for the top 6 get hefty wages and Rondon IMO is of that quality. Rafa's point was that you should be paying the going rate in terms of fees and wages for the right players. So yes, I'm sticking to my post. He wanted a normal football wage, whatever that may be.

Pathetic transfer if I’m being totally honest. Given he’ll probably not be available for long periods of time, he’s essentially unemployed, prepared to take minimum (football) wage and we had zero competition for him should be massive red flags. He’s been singed for for the positive PR rather than his footballing contribution in my opinion. A cheap, tacky, obvious signing because i5 was easy to do. No thought, effort or imagination has gone into this, it just suited all parties.

Doesn’t matter what’s happened to the squad, who’s left, who’s signed, how much has been spent, how much we’ve got back, it’s all moot. Because we’ve replaced Rafa Benitez with Steve fucking Bruce. That one replacement has just knocked 25 points from our total because this thick cunt is a million miles behind Rafa. His lack of ability renders every player transfer null and void, none of them matter. The most important individual at any club is the manager and we’ve gone from fillet steak to roadkill squirrel. We’ll go down and we’ll deserve to.

Tremendous post.

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull s*** that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as f*** world.

Sad reality under our s*** owner.

Rondon wanted ‘a normal wage’? There’s a reason he’s in China and not at Wolves, West Ham or Everton etc now.

Yeah, that reason is Rafa.

Now fuck off you WUM.

:lol: get ‘em, Stif

The 30 year old Rondon vs 30 year Carroll deal is not apples to apples. There was still a transfer fee, agents fees, PL levies and all the other bull shit that Charnley and MA complain about versus free transfer, no agent fee and l, minimal additional fees. Rondon wanted a normal wage and a few year contract and Carroll is on a low basic wage that is based on appearances and goals on 1 year contract.

They aren't comparable. The first deal (Rondon) makes way too much sense in the footballing world and the second deal (AC) makes perfect sense in the MA tick-tack cheap as fuck world.

Sad reality under our shit owner.

I get that, but when they sign someone after getting rid of one of the worlds top managers because they won’t sign a 39 year old and that’s their policy, is a slap in the face when 6 weeks later they sign someone who is the same age.

The policy NUFC has was no one aged 30, not we can do it if it’s cheap.

Tbf, they don't mind signing 30 yr olds if it there is no fee involved. The main reason they wouldn't sign Rondon is because the price was £16m and there would be no resale value.

That's not going to be an issue with Carroll.

If Rondon was cheap fee or free they'd have attempted to sign him, 100%. Like Tron says, the set mid teens price was not something they wanted to do and then on top of that the wages that would have been above the structure they have in place.

Can’t wait for “when I heard Newcastle were in for me I couldn’t say no. Steve is a Geordie just like me and knows what the fans want. Mike’s an honest guy and he’s trying to give some pride back to the area, I just can’t wait to get fit and start knocking them in again like before I left”

I wasn’t far off. “Steve’s a great manager and a Geordie”

Just seen this, what a pile of w***.

Sweepstakes on how many minutes he'll manage all season. I go for 104 and I fear I'm aiming high there.

Maybe by about 50% mate aye :)If he manages a full games worth all season it will be a minor miracle.

Tenner says he plays more minutes than dwight gayle

Nicely put and that, but isn’t it exactly what most have been saying for the last 10-15 pages? :lol:

I don’t know, football is all bollocks now anyway. If a local lad can add a few high points to what is likely to be a largely horrific season, then it’s done the job. Don’t have a huge amount of shame in saying it’s the only signing this summer to have raised a smile for me.

Guest chopey

Paying Andy Carroll 70k every time he plays apparently :laugh:

Fuck me, Bruce will looking up to Ashley like a Roman emperor every game................... Thumbs down.

Not a chance that is true.

I'd say there's a decent chance it's true. He was presumably on at least £100k a week at West Ham, the appearance would have to be large for him to contemplate a mainly pay as you play deal with a low basic and wages are generally higher for free transfers anyway

I'd say there's a decent chance it's true. He was presumably on at least £100k a week at West Ham, the appearance would have to be large for him to contemplate a mainly pay as you play deal with a low basic and wages are generally higher for free transfers anyway

Wonder if it’s up to 70k if he scores or something

Andy Carroll was not signed as an alternative to Rondon so not sure why they're being held up against each other.

Joelinton was deemed a younger version of Rondon and was therefore signed to replace him.

Carroll is a freebie cheap option that wanted to come back home for low wages, and was deemed as worth bringing in, to ease Joelinton's transition to a new league, should he need some help.

The Sun saying it’s 70k everytime he plays 20k basic salary.