Your all time favourite football match

aussiemag

The game where Enrique scored during promotion (Forest?)

Croatia 3 Germany 0 98 WC (some of my first football memories, wanted that Croatia team to win it so bad)

The 4-4 vs Arsenal

USA vs Algeria last WC

Croatia vs Turkey Euro 08' (Crazy game. Was in a pub full of Turks, thought my life was in danger at some points)

For personal reasons the 2-0 vs Chelsea last season. Just had given my senior thesis presentation that I'd been working on for months to graduate college. Got back to my apartment in time for the game.. Those Cisse goals.. It looked like we were going to make the Champions League and take over the world for a little. It felt amazing. 

:pardsgrin:

Knew you'd like that one Disco. Always secretly one for cynical play/handbags etc.

Nothing secret about as long as I don't have a vested interest. Double standards ahoy.

The Arsenal-Man United series of games around 2002-05 were epic.

Keane Vs Viera :fwap:

This game in particular was probably the best I've watched on TV :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4221105.stm

Loved that game. Vieira arguing with Neville at the beginning and Keane putting him in his place.

John O'Shea attempting a ridiculous lob with his bad foot too. He was dumbfounded when he scored. :lol:

Got loads of "I'm a cunt" games I love too:

Chelsea 1-1 Barca

Man Utd 0-1 Fenerbahce

Sunlun 0-3 Charlton

Man U v Bilbao/Basel

Charlton 4-4 Sunlun

etc.

Cunt.

Clue was in the title :smug:

I could think of loads more, all small victories in the horrifically bitter life of being a Newcastle fan though.

Seeing small teams school so called bigger teams will never lose it's appeal.

NUFC 5 Leicester City 4..... we were 4-1 down with 20mins to go...Mark Mac, John Gallagher, Roy Aitken's debut, Leeds 3-4 rates highly too... non-NUFC too many too mention, think Euro 2000 had some of the highest quality football I've seen, Portugal v Italy semi  final stands out..

Guest diddimz

Whats your all time favorite football match?

Mine is probably either the 5-1 win against the mackems, or Australias penalty shoot-out win over Uruguay to qualify for the 2006 world cup.

They were the two matches that came straight to my mind as well. The game against Japan at the world cup was pretty special as well, if you watched only the last 10 minutes.

Newcastle 6—1 Tottenham (December 1999)

Germany 1—5 England (September 2001)

What about Newcastle 4—3 Leicester (February 1997)? You know, when Stephen Spence set up Shearer for the winner?

:shifty:

Piss-taking aside, has to be the 5-1 for me - felt like being in a dreamlike state for about an hour during play. I imagine that's what good drugs are like.

Sadly wasn't there in the flesh for the Barcelona 3-2, the Man Utd 5-0 and the Feyenoord 3-2 so can't really pick them.

/armchairsupporter

http://photosales.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/cache/beltel/b1/77/56/c1a56dcf7171dd7e50a6628625.jpg

http://www.sportsignings.com/images/products/products/IRELAND/4.jpg

Northern Ireland 1-0 England

Northern Ireland 3-2 Spain