RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

If he has nothing to do with picking the team or signing the players, is this a big a worry as it seems. I'm thinking more along the lines of a football person (wish it wasn't him) speaking to Dekka and Ashley.

I may add, i do not like DOF's and i'm just putting that out there.

A DoF is an intermediary between the manager and the owner. Does this possible appointment mean Ashley is less inclined to deal with Pardew directly now? An extra man 'above' Pardew, helping to dictate how things are handled?

Guest bimpy474

If Pardew gets sacked:

a) Kinnear goes in charge.

b) Kinnear is too ill to take charge but comes up with a shortlist consisting of British clogger managers, avoiding all young forward-thinking foreigners.

Never happen now, i just posted earlier, if Pardew goes. It'll be JFK's recommendation as manager that would worry me.

If he has nothing to do with picking the team or signing the players, is this a big a worry as it seems. I'm thinking more along the lines of a football person (wish it wasn't him) speaking to Dekka and Ashley.

The thing is there is we have been crying out for someone with some football knowledge to take us forward and give some sound football advice to Mike and Dekka about football. Joe Kinnear is going to be their Consigliere. Its a complete joke.

Aye that was what i was getting at. If you took JFK without our knowledge of him now, it wouldn't have been so bad as JFK does have experience, and someone like him with his years in football would be perfect for a club as a DOF.

But seeing as we've seen him up close, our dealings with him make this decision madness.

Perfect? Maybe for a league two club. Barring our time together he's been out of the game for years. I really don't see how he can have anything but a negative effect for NUFC in  the Premier League in 2013.

Sounds like Kinnear has been spoken to about the possibility of coming on board, and he hasn't been able to keep his gob shut. Hopefully this turns out like his 2 year job contract.

You really can't help but laugh at this like.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck sake man, if there's even an ounce of substance in this, don't know what I'm going to do but it won't be pleasant. Actually, now that we're at it, might as well bring Wise back as well. Fucking cunts, the lot of them up above.

Can I just remind everyone of some of the more stupid things this gimp said when he managed us, even without referring to the swearing rant:

"When he gets in that last third of the pitch, he can hurt teams.

"Sometimes he’s just prepared to sit on his backside in that position and let the game drift away from him."

"If we can get like-for-like then I'll lose one. We've gone down that road already but I got a knock-back.

"If we'd got John Arne Riise in – he's changed his mind – then I could have done something with Enrique. Riise's got back in the team at Roma and his agent has told us that he's happy to stay until the end of the season. I want them now really."

“Shay pulled out with a knee injury as did Insomnia... Insobnia... er, Charlie.”

“If we'd had a proper referee we'd have come away with something."

“It was a blatant foul prior to the penalty, and he ignores it. It was what happened before, not the penalty itself. Johnson completely pushes Cacapa out of the way, nicks the ball and gets the penalty and we’ve got a Mickey Mouse ref doing nothing.”

"I tried to sell Geremi yesterday because I thought it would raise £4million but that deal fell through so I had to play him tonight.

"We have been negotiating with someone else on the continent. We thought that deal was done but suddenly the goal posts have moved."

:lol:

Speaking to The Sun, Ashley said: 'Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season.'

Newcastle's 3-0 win over Portsmouth at Fratton Park last weekend hauled the Magpies out of the Premier League relegation zone, but European qualification through the league is optimistic.

Ashley, however, is adamant Newcastle will retain their Premier League status under Kinnear, who will remain as manager until the end of the season.

The chairman said: 'We will stay up. Yes, definitely.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1097439/Ashley-Kinnear-steer-Newcastle-Europe--hes-better-Capello.html#ixzz2WOEwkeTG

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Guest bimpy474

A DoF is an intermediary between the manager and the owner. Does this possible appointment mean Ashley is less inclined to deal with Pardew directly now? An extra man 'above' Pardew, helping to dictate how things are handled?

I would think that's exactly how it would work. For a reason i can't explain i'm totally non plussed by this. The decision in itself is an ok one, just the JFK part is the problem.

And it does seem he's a candidate and not the only choice, we may be over reacting. The papers maybe be putting the JFK part in to stir things up a bit. I'm hoping anyhoo.

I would think that's exactly how it would work. For a reason i can't explain i'm totally non plussed by this. The decision in itself is an ok one, just the JFK part is the problem.

And it does seem he's a candidate and not the only choice, we may be over reacting. The papers maybe be putting the JFK part in to stir things up a bit. I'm hoping anyhoo.

It's the mount fucking Everest of problems. I'm definitely fucking worried. Even for him to be a 'consideration' means we need to start shitting ourselves with worry.