RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

weird, there was such a song and dance made during the relegation battles and promotion race this season about being in the PL for the increased money

What's wierd?  If you play in the Premier League this season then you'll get the increased amount at the end plus you're guarenteed the new increased parachute payments.  If the money had increased already then clubs would have been talking about the importance of being promoted to the Premier League for the 2012/2013 season.

Guest neesy111

The end of 2013/2014 season whichever way you define it (it hasn't started yet so its next season to me).  I'll edit the year in to be clear.

:thup:

Just find that weird as we are in pre-season for 2013/14.

so it increases this coming season then?  you said "tv money hasn't increased" so it was somewhat misleading, assuming payments are made at the end of a season then in effect they have increased haven't they :lol:

You really want to start one of these stupid semantic arguments?  We're talking about the Premier League money effecting our finances.  The money we last recieved from the Premier League was not an increased amount, it was from the last 3 year deal.  Is that ok with you are should we witter on about when exactly we should consider something to have increased before eventually giving up in a page or so?

so it increases this coming season then?  you said "tv money hasn't increased" so it was somewhat misleading, assuming payments are made at the end of a season then in effect they have increased haven't they :lol:

You really want to start one of these stupid semantic arguments?  We're talking about the Premier League money effecting our finances, the money we last recieved from the Premier League was not an increased amount, it was from the last 3 year deal.  Is that ok with you are should we witter on about when exactly we should consider something to have increased before eventually giving up in a page or so?

not at all, i think the point you're missing is that if you start 2013/2014 season in the PL then you'll be due your cut of the increased money whether you stay up or not, therefore people were expecting as that is guaranteed the club might consider spending it in advance on actual football players

certainly what i'd have liked to have seen

btw, get fucked being so arsey about nowt :thup:

if you start 2013/2014 season in the PL then you'll be due your cut of the increased money whether you stay up or not, therefore people were expecting as that is guaranteed the club might consider spending it in advance on actual football players

if you start 2013/2014 season in the PL then you'll be due your cut of the increased money whether you stay up or not, therefore people were expecting as that is guaranteed the club might consider spending it in advance on actual football players

People were expecting we'd take out a loan?

Good luck with that. :thup:

You really want to start one of these stupid semantic arguments?  We're talking about the Premier League money effecting our finances, the money we last recieved from the Premier League was not an increased amount, it was from the last 3 year deal.  Is that ok with you are should we witter on about when exactly we should consider something to have increased before eventually giving up in a page or so?

not at all, i think the point you're missing is that if you start 2013/2014 season in the PL then you'll be due your cut of the increased money whether you stay up or not, therefore people were expecting as that is guaranteed the club might consider spending it in advance on actual football players

certainly what i'd have liked to have seen

btw, get fucked being so arsey about nowt :thup:

I'm not missing that I just don't think that's what they were getting at.  They was claiming Ashley must be taking money out of the club this season because we should obviously have more spare cash with the new TV money.  After all us being guaranteed that money now doesn't put it in our accounts for Ashley to trouser.

Oh and how nice of you, I hope you get fucked soon as well :lol:

nah i know all that man, i just didn't think saying it hasn't increased was quite accurate as it has, it's just a misconception about when it's paid...swansea and norwich are the prime example of teams clearly using that money now, wherever they're getting it from at the moment it's leveraged against what's to come

oh and no chance for me for a couple of weeks yet dude, despite being surrounded by it

If he's taking money out it suggests to me he's planning to sell in the next few years. It's not as if he's fucking skint.

He might just be applying the general principle of reducing the debt in the business and getting some sort of return on investment. Just because he doesn't personally need money, I don't think those principles disappear completely.

he's a cunt ian :lol:

get on the bandwagon, it's so much easier, you'll like it over here on the bandwagon

:lol:

I know he's a cunt, I just don't think taking some reasonably-sized repayments on his massive interest-free loan is a very good example of it.

This would not surprise me at all!!!!

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/30013-kinnear-appointed-director-of-football/page-48

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/30013-kinnear-appointed-director-of-football/page-48

The End is Kinnear

I have it on very good authority that Ashley is about to remove him.

Last week there was a meeting scheduled in the evening with Pardew and others to discuss the clubs PR. Kinnear got p*ssed up on the way up on the train. He was then mortal in the meeting. Next morning he then telephoned Pardew to ask when the meeting was. He couldn't remember being at it.

Then later in the day he sat down with Pardew and Carr to discuss transfer targets, he went into a drunken rant about foreign strikers, and claimed we should sign Carlton Cole who he reckons scored 17 times last season, when in fact it was twice.

He has met Darren Bent, drunk again. Bent and his people walked out of the room.

KM far from impressed and has talked about removing him.

This would not surprise me at all!!!!

The End is Kinnear

I have it on very good authority that Ashley is about to remove him.

Last week there was a meeting scheduled in the evening with Pardew and others to discuss the clubs PR. Kinnear got p*ssed up on the way up on the train. He was then mortal in the meeting. Next morning he then telephoned Pardew to ask when the meeting was. He couldn't remember being at it.

Then later in the day he sat down with Pardew and Carr to discuss transfer targets, he went into a drunken rant about foreign strikers, and claimed we should sign Carlton Cole who he reckons scored 17 times last season, when in fact it was twice.

He has met Darren Bent, drunk again. Bent and his people walked out of the room.

KM far from impressed and has talked about removing him.