RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/76267/not-letting-go-joe-kinnear-on-gomis-remy-and-bent

Posted elsewhere, but suppose this is the best place to bring it all together:

Pardew - Has regular meetings to discuss targets and keep him informed. Everyone is agreed on which players to target.

Gomis - Goalposts keep moving, he keeps having to go back and offer a little bit more to Lyon (who keep leaking stuff to media).

Remy - Very close to agreeing a loan deal with an initial fee, very happy with how the deal is going and should be announced Monday/Tuesday.

Bent - Deal agreed with player, but no agreement with Aston Villa as of yet. One other team interested (Fulham), but there's still a strong possibility.

2 or 3? - Makes it sound like we'll get 2 strikers in, not all 3 and doesn't mention Shola Ameobi at all as an option up front, just Cisse and Campbell.

Other signings - Once the striker area is sorted he's moving onto another area of the pitch where he has a hitlist of players to work through.

"This is a serious battle, so we need to win."

Go on Joe, you mad bastard.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/video/76267/not-letting-go-joe-kinnear-on-gomis-remy-and-bent

Gomis - Goalposts keep moving, he keeps having to go back and offer a little bit more to Lyon.

Remy - Very close to agreeing a loan deal with an initial fee, very happy with how the deal is going and should be announced Monday/Tuesday.

Bent - Deal agreed with player, but no agreement with Aston Villa as of yet. One other team interested (Fulham), but there's still a strong possibility.

2 or 3? - Makes it sound like we'll get 2 strikers in, not all 3 and doesn't mention Shola Ameobi at all as an option up front, just Cisse and Campbell.

Other signings - Once the striker area is sorted he's moving onto another area of the pitch where he has a hitlist of players to work through.

Should have mentioned it in my last post but it is a little bit worrying we will "move on to another area" when we get the striker/s sorted. Do we honestly have such little resource working on transfers that it is one at a time? :lol:

Guest neesy111

What the f***? I'm a Geordie and I understood next to nothing of that.

What the f*** is your sig? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and avatar :lol: good lord

I just noticed that.  :scared:

Pardew - Has regular meetings to discuss targets and keep him informed. Everyone is agreed on which players to target.

Gomis - Goalposts keep moving, he keeps having to go back and offer a little bit more to Lyon (who keep leaking stuff to media).

"This is a serious battle, so we need to win."

Go on Joe, you mad bastard.

If we get 2 of those 3 strikers in I'm very happy with that. Assuming nobody leaves that would be alright.

Just seen the video, hopefully he's not talking utter shite like normal. If that's the case then there's certainly cause for optimism.

So much for us normally doing deals on the quiet though, hope nobody continues to spout that bollocks going forward.

Just seen the video, hopefully he's not talking utter shite like normal. If that's the case then there's certainly cause for optimism.

So much for us normally doing deals on the quiet though, hope nobody continues to spout that bollocks going forward.

The last time we were open about the progress of specific targets was the last time he was here. I hated it then and I don't like it now. He was whinging about Lyon leaking stuff to the media, which is just hypocritical.

Just seen the video, hopefully he's not talking utter s**** like normal. If that's the case then there's certainly cause for optimism.

The last time we were open about the progress of specific targets was the last time he was here. I hated it then and I don't like it now. He was whinging about Lyon leaking stuff to the media, which is just hypocritical.

True that.

Sounds fine, but could easily be playing the PR game to appease supporter tensions.

It would be right to try and appease that if these deals are closer than we think. We need 2 of those 3 strikers in desperately.

He sounded quite credible in that interview and said the right things on the whole...provided the deals come off. Otherwise he would be better off saying nothing at this point.