RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Its nice as a fan to be updated, but theres really no need for it. The end results will speak for themselves.

Doesnt generally make sense to allow your transfer dealings to be passed through the media if you dont want to build competition for yourself. Remy showed that last season, other clubs may not have our scouting system but they may have more status/money. To compete we should be doing our best to keep our interests under wraps.

They were hardly a secret tbf :lol:

Aye, im referring in the 2nd part moreso to the fact that we used to make a point of getting clubs we were in negotation with to sign confidentiality agreements didnt we? I remember that being part of our whole new system. No more paying in installments, no loans, no letting opposing clubs leak our dealings etc

That was a good strategy really, understand sometimes it will be hard but we shouldnt encourage it.

Its nice as a fan to be updated, but theres really no need for it. The end results will speak for themselves.

Doesnt generally make sense to allow your transfer dealings to be passed through the media if you dont want to build competition for yourself. Remy showed that last season, other clubs may not have our scouting system but they may have more status/money. To compete we should be doing our best to keep our interests under wraps.

Pretty stupid when he himself is complaining about other clubs coming in when info gets into the press though.

Pretty stupid when he himself is complaining about other clubs coming in when info gets into the press though.

The horse has already bolted, makes no difference if he leaves the stable open, closed or shares a can of Super T with it in  :laugh:

Aye, im referring in the 2nd part moreso to the fact that we used to make a point of getting clubs we were in negotation with to sign confidentiality agreements didnt we? I remember that being part of our whole new system. No more paying in installments, no loans, no letting opposing clubs leak our dealings etc

That was a good strategy really, understand sometimes it will be hard but we shouldnt encourage it.

I suppose these are fairly high profile players with more than one club interested, so it's not in the players interest to be confidential if they are looking for the best deal.

Good interview. Bit of a relief watching that.

Right, secondly, what the heck is slim doing?!

Can someone please tell me how to disable sigs and avatars please so I can look at the forum at work, without that stuff popping up and getting me in trouble.

Thanks!

Can someone please tell me how to disable sigs and avatars please so I can look at the forum at work, without that stuff popping up and getting me in trouble.

Thanks!

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;u=280

Just done the same, thanks to Dave!

Some people are just strange....

Thanks!

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;area=theme;u=280

Just done the same, thanks to Dave!

Some people are just strange....

Excellent, thanks pal.  :thup:

Looks like one of the strikers is going to be coming off the bench too, according to Kinnear.

Goign to be interesting to see who is earmarked to do that.

Competition for places, who'd have thunk it?  ???

:lol:

Looks like one of the strikers is going to be coming off the bench too, according to Kinnear.

Goign to be interesting to see who is earmarked to do that.

I remember a little while Pardew saying he wants 4 strikers and cited Man Yoo's quartet of Van Persie, Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck as  a reason why.

Maybe he's getting his wish? i have to say i doubt it would happen but you can never say never in this game i suppose.