RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Mark Douglas said that Llambias was on a transatlantic flight yesterday and that all the senios bods at the club had no idea. Maybe Llambias didn't even know himself.

Also that JFK has (surprise surprise) somewhat exaggerated his role but he is basically going to be Mike Ashley's eyes and ears around the training ground.

Most DOFs are pretty discreet but he is going to blab to the media at every opportunity.

Honestly, it was a terrible idea that this joke was ever given the managers job, but the notion that he could fill ab upstairs position in the DOF, it is just absolute insanity. He's supposed to be responsible for actually building relationships with players and making intelligent astute transfer market moves. It defies all logic.

Honestly, it was a terrible idea that this joke was ever given the managers job, but the notion that he could fill ab upstairs position in the DOF, it is just absolute insanity. He's supposed to be responsible for actually building relationships with players and making intelligent astute transfer market moves. It defies all logic.

To be honest there's no real pressure on him in this position. The pressure will always be on the manager. One of his strengths if any is that a lot of players tend to like him as a man.

Guest chicken little

Odds on Kinnear being a short-term fall guy, to be quietly removed from the scene once a bunch of players get flogged?

Brighton forums (gaffer is a Brighton fan) reckon this move is to oust Pardew and bring Poyet in.

* Sorry if aged philandering welshman.

:lol:

Unfortunately for us there is only one replacement if Pardew goes.

:lol: still can't quite believe this is true!

I'm sure it's been done to death, but this must be to do with some kind of legal dispute after the heart attack.  I know he talks a lot of shit, but he went on about a two year deal that was all signed and ready to go and he would be returning as manager.

It's the only logical explanation I can think of.  But even then, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

We had one decent season where we weren't in the papers for all the wrong reasons and we had some relative success.  Seems like we've taken about 10 steps back this last year.

Joke club.

Guest palnese

I like him. Don't want him anywhere near our club, or owt, but he's still an interesting character.

I like him. Don't want him anywhere near our club, or owt, but he's still an interesting character.

You like him!? I can't find any likeable thing about him..  :undecided:

Aye, not sure what there is to like. He comes across as a horrible man.

Mark Douglas said that Llambias was on a transatlantic flight yesterday and that all the senios bods at the club had no idea. Maybe Llambias didn't even know himself.

Also that JFK has (surprise surprise) somewhat exaggerated his role but he is basically going to be Mike Ashley's eyes and ears around the training ground.

Interesting.

The mystifying thing is how all those discussions could have taken place with the likes of Llambias, Carr and Pardew, and a contract signed and sealed, without word leaking out beforehand, and without any subsequent confirmation from the club so far.

The best we can hope for is that Llambias cannot cope and has too much on. so Ashley has asked JFK to help out and be a liason between pards/carr and ashley and sort of a general dogsbody and nebbynose.

JFK has probably replied to ashley, "what, like a DOF?" and humouring him, ashley has said, "yes, Joe. just like a DOF".

JFK has then taken it upon himself to totally exaggerate his role.

The best we can hope for is that Llambias cannot cope and has too much on. so Ashley has asked JFK to help out and be a liason between pards/carr and ashley and sort of a general dogsbody and nebbynose.

JFK has probably replied to ashley, "what, like a DOF?" and humouring him, ashley has said, "yes, Joe. just like a DOF".

JFK has then taken it upon himself to totally exaggerate his role.

Hopefully JFK's role is pretty limited and he won't be able to do much damage.

FWIW even for Ashley it doesn't make any sense to dismantle the process that has delivered our recent signings. It's pretty much the only aspect of the club he's got right.

Mate just sent this - Jesus

He leaves a trail of destruction when he departs clubs, in whatever format

Wimbledon        - Left in 1999, Wimbledon relegated in the following season – 2000, Wimbledon moved and ceased to exist in 2003

Oxford                  - Left in 2001, Oxford relegated at the end of that season – 2001, never recovered and relegated from league in 2006

Luton                    - Left in 2003, Luton relegated in 2006, again in 2007 and relegated from the league in 2008

Notts Forest      - Left in 2004, Forest relegated at the end of the season

Newcastle          - Left in 2009, Newcastle relegated at the end of the season

You can’t lay everything at his doormat but the record is pretty striking nonetheless.

Seems so odd that this had blown up on Sky Sports, Kinnear claiming all sorts, then today nothing at all being said. I cant see the harm of releasing a statement, he's already opened his mouth on SSN, It's all sorts of weird the whole thing

The longer it takes for the club to respond the more it looks like they are in a panic and wondering how to control the situation. What they get for dealing with that old deluded self important cunt.

Wimbledon        - Left in 1999, Wimbledon relegated in the following season – 2000, Wimbledon moved and ceased to exist in 2003

Oxford                  - Left in 2001, Oxford relegated at the end of that season – 2001, never recovered and relegated from league in 2006

Luton                    - Left in 2003, Luton relegated in 2006, again in 2007 and relegated from the league in 2008

You can’t lay everything at his doormat but the record is pretty striking nonetheless.

"My record speaks for itself..." :spit:

Seems so odd that this had blown up on Sky Sports, Kinnear claiming all sorts, then today nothing at all being said. I cant see the harm of releasing a statement, he's already opened his mouth on SSN, It's all sorts of weird the whole thing

The longer it takes for the club to respond the more it looks like they are in a panic and wondering how to control the situation. What they get for dealing with that old deluded self important c***.

The whole thing is odd though, it happened so quickly and he confirmed it, what have they got to lose by announcing it now, everyone already knows, its in all the papers. I just find it all strange, not as clear cut as it appears imo. I still think it will happen but there's certainly more to it than meets the eye imo

Well its either JFK jumped the gun and nothing at all has been agreed or he has way way way overdone what he role is going to be. If he has spoken the utter truth then it would have been confirmed by now, the delay only proves non of it is okay.

"My record speaks for itself..." :spit:

:lol:

:suicide: