RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

RIP Joe.

Pretty weird times and didn't help our case of being called a circus, but the Simon bird and yohan kebab stuff is top tier[emoji38]

Dementia is an awful disease and it’s a shame to hear he’s passed

But his stint here was one of the lowest points in my 35 years of following this daft club

It basically sums up how disgraceful the Ashley era was 

Shit news. He was a headcase when he was managing us and should never have got the job, but you can't blame him for taking his opportunities from Ashley. I was fuming with the Yohan Kebab shit and all at the time but I do look back on it and laugh like fuck. :lol: RIP

Edited by Decky

Didn't DOF Joe also cost Ashley money when selling Cabaye ? I'm sure I remember that prompted Ashley to get rid because Joe accepted a 25 million euro bid  thought it was pounds and that's why it ended up being only £19 million . 

1 minute ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

Didn't DOF Joe also cost Ashley money when selling Cabaye ? I'm sure I remember that prompted Ashley to get rid because Joe accepted a 25 million euro bid  thought it was pounds and that's why it ended up being only £19 million . 

Urban myth.

Ah RIP, Joe.

It was hard to feel any ill will toward him even at the time. He did genuinely seem to care and at the least he provided genuine light relief on numerous occasions, even if unintentional. 

Rip Joe. Like most say I was fuming back in the day, but looking back it has brought me some laughs for sure. Dementia is an awful disease.

JFK will always be associated with the start of a bad time for NUFC. I more remember his Wimbledon side of the 90's, which I think he took to finishing 6th in the PL one season - the days of Warren Barton, Robbie Earle and Dean Holdsworth.

Enough time has passed that I can look quite fondly on those crazy days in a way, just for the sheer wtfery. Horrible way for anyone to go. RIP.