RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

So if we have indeed given him an office, can't we just lock him in there for 3 years (almost like in Oldboy?). Black out all the windows and all that too?

Include the tongue-cutting scene please.

:lol: But Oldboy Kinnear would come out stronger than ever.

Shearer cannot be blamed for our relegation, even though the man himself has both personally and publicly said he had to shoulder some of the blame. Relegation was down to Ashley, Kinnear and the players. Ashley for undermining KK, allowing him to leave and then hiring Kinnear who then went on to win a handful of games and in doing so totally smashing whatever spirit or professional pride was left with the squad and of course the squad for simply failing to perform, despite being more than capable.

The Shearer appointment was a desperate throw of the dice in the hope his name alone would galvanise everyone, fans, players, everyone. But by then it was a case of too little too late, the damage had already been done and no-one would have saved us. Shearer came into a club whose players (thanks to Joe) came in whenever they wanted, did what they wanted and didn't even eat or sit together. Viduka was told he could do as he pleased as long as he did the business on the weekend for example.

Shearer himself was stupid to take on the job, he did so in a vain attempt to save the club from relegation and to become an even bigger hero, that and to get his foot into the management door so to speak. His mistake was as big as Ashley's.

Kinnear should keep his mouth shut. To speak about Shearer like he has shows a complete lack of respect and also shows the true side of his character, he's a tit for tat man, an aggressor, a loud mouth buffoon who likes to create enemies and talk the talk. But look at his career man, its a joke :lol:

Just like this club at the moment :(

I was just surprised Shearer couldn't get more out of the players, there wasn't the lift the team gets when a new manager usually comes in. Sunderland would have went down if Di Canio hadn't turned it round in just as few games with probably a worse squad than Shearer had to work with. The players didn't respond to Shearer it's as simple as that, Hughton got far more out of them a few months later. Shearer might be a legend as a footballer, that doesn't mean he's necessarily going to be a good manager.

So if we have indeed given him an office, can't we just lock him in there for 3 years (almost like in Oldboy?). Black out all the windows and all that too?

At least he won't be able to talk. Just imagine what a bonus that will be.

Kinnear (Billy Liar) if you're reading this, you're a shit manager who wouldn't recognise the truth if it was smacking you in the face.

Our formed MD was called Llambias, Holdsworth cost you £650,000, Robbie Earle Retired after you had left the club and John Hartson cost you £7,500,000.  Tim Krul was signed by Souness and Hughton signed Perch.  You were Manager of the Year once, not 3 times.  Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa & Shola Ameobi are Newcastle players, you worked with Shola you senile old bastard.  You've played a massive part in relegating us, Forrest and Luton.

At least he won't be able to talk. Just imagine what a bonus that will be.

This will benefit everyone. I say let's do it.

I was just surprised Shearer couldn't get more out of the players, there wasn't the lift the team gets when a new manager usually comes in. Sunderland would have went down if Di Canio hadn't turned it round in just as few games with probably a worse squad than Shearer had to work with. The players didn't respond to Shearer it's as simple as that, Hughton got far more out of them a few months later. Shearer might be a legend as a footballer, that doesn't mean he's necessarily going to be a good manager.

How can you compare results in the Premiership to results in the 2nd division?  I’m sure that we were 18th in the league when Shearer was appointed and 18th after his last game.

I've only read the transcript but didn't he call Shola an up and coming young star or something to that effect?

He should actually be in a facility.

My understanding is that Shola Amamobi is actually Sammy.

My understanding is that Shola Amamobi is actually Sammy.

He mentioned both, he's just so shit at talking that it's hard to work out what he's actually saying.

Nah, I searched amazon for medically induced coma kit but they don't have them yet apparently. Too stressful honestly.

:lol: You think the season is going to be less stressful? You know this little bit here where we're all like, "What's Joe gonna do next?" This is the easy part of the season. You want to skip closer to the Gouffran off at 70, Shola on for HBA, 1-0 leads that we defend for an hour part of the narrative?

:lol: Fuck that noise. We're gonna miss then when we're using ten to defend our 1-0 vs Stoke.

I know it's not the same for everyone but, to me, the hardest twisting of the knife is right now, when so much of the groundwork is(could be) being laid for the season and is in our( "our" :yao: JFK's) hands - total responsibility.  Once it's done, results aren't solely dependent on us and even though I know they're going to be crap based on our foundation, that makes them a little easier to take. 

Guest Howaythetoon

Shearer cannot be blamed for our relegation, even though the man himself has both personally and publicly said he had to shoulder some of the blame. Relegation was down to Ashley, Kinnear and the players. Ashley for undermining KK, allowing him to leave and then hiring Kinnear who then went on to win a handful of games and in doing so totally smashing whatever spirit or professional pride was left with the squad and of course the squad for simply failing to perform, despite being more than capable.

The Shearer appointment was a desperate throw of the dice in the hope his name alone would galvanise everyone, fans, players, everyone. But by then it was a case of too little too late, the damage had already been done and no-one would have saved us. Shearer came into a club whose players (thanks to Joe) came in whenever they wanted, did what they wanted and didn't even eat or sit together. Viduka was told he could do as he pleased as long as he did the business on the weekend for example.

Shearer himself was stupid to take on the job, he did so in a vain attempt to save the club from relegation and to become an even bigger hero, that and to get his foot into the management door so to speak. His mistake was as big as Ashley's.

Kinnear should keep his mouth shut. To speak about Shearer like he has shows a complete lack of respect and also shows the true side of his character, he's a tit for tat man, an aggressor, a loud mouth buffoon who likes to create enemies and talk the talk. But look at his career man, its a joke :lol:

Just like this club at the moment :(

He went in there with the wrong mandate, which to be fair to him was probably determined for him by the absolute unprofessional set-up that had set-in by that point. He went in and told a few home truths to certain players, banned drinking and going out, gave each player a code of conduct booklet, forced them to eat and sit next to each other, introduced extra training sessions and then had fall-outs with Owen and Barton.

Apparently, it was his own decision to leave the training to Dowie as he thought he was still too close to the players and even some of the other coaching staff and wanted to take a step back to review things and analyze stuff.

It obviously didn't work because we were relegated. We cannot know for certain based on those 8 games however, whether Shearer would be a good manager one day. I saw one or two promising things but I saw some really bad things too.

In general, he should never have been appointed in the first place and on his side, he should never have accepted the job. I do think he did so with a genuine belief that he could keep us up but as he has since told, things were really bad in that dressing room to such a degree we were a lost cause.

Nah, I searched amazon for medically induced coma kit but they don't have them yet apparently. Too stressful honestly.

:lol: You think the season is going to be less stressful? You know this little bit here where we're all like, "What's Joe gonna do next?" This is the easy part of the season. You want to skip closer to the Gouffran off at 70, Shola on for HBA, 1-0 leads that we defend for an hour part of the narrative?

:lol: Fuck that noise. We're gonna miss then when we're using ten to defend our 1-0 vs Stoke.

I know it's not the same for everyone but, to me, the hardest twisting of the knife is right now, when so much of the groundwork is(could be) being laid for the season and is in our( "our" :yao: JFK's) hands - total responsibility.  Once it's done, results aren't solely dependent on us and even though I know they're going to be crap based on our foundation, that makes them a little easier to take. 

I see where you're coming from, tbh. Gonna be a great season.

This thing about Shearer being no good in management. Well maybe he wasn't/still isn't, the same goes for Pardew, but i'm pretty sure they had/have the best interests of nufc in their jobs even if it's not enough. We've people running this club who couldn't care less about the good name of Newcastle Utd. It's all about their self interest.

JFK is a PR disaster whenever he opens his mouth, and he's supposed to be in charge of transfers? Can he really expect to talk any half decent player into coming here with so little tact? He's a national clown.

Guest Bert Shaft

I cant really quibble with JK here.  If shearer is bithin from the sidelines, he has a right to bitch back.

We all know there is no love between ashley and shearer, both him and keegan are quick to stick the knife into the ashley regime......basically 2 primadonnas who love the limelight.

Aye up,  Joe Canoe alert! (or a mackem b*stard!) :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7HiXYQhJWPk/UUXYbGPRWCI/AAAAAAAAAQY/XAQjcp81Tf8/s1600/NurseRatched.jpg

From afar, I see Shearer trying to manufacture team spirit when he saw how fragmented the squad had become.  Maybe I'm making shite up but I believe he planted the seeds of team spirit that, from training camp, continued to grow during the promotion season.

As to Mr. Joe Fucking Kinnear, if he really rubbished signing Douglas against everyone else's wishes why are they still here?  I don't know how anyone could stand for that, even that fat fucking asshole, Mike Ashley.  Douglas ticks all the boxes, especially on a free.  I mean, seriously, Douglas doesn't even have a last name that Kinnear can screw up.

Guest Bert Shaft

I mean, seriously, Douglas doesn't even have a last name that Kinnear can screw up.

Teixeira  :cheesy:

From afar, I see Shearer trying to manufacture team spirit when he saw how fragmented the squad had become.  Maybe I'm making s**** up but I believe he planted the seeds of team spirit that, from training camp, continued to grow during the promotion season.

As to Mr. Joe f***ing Kinnear, if he really rubbished signing Douglas against everyone else's wishes why are they still here?  I don't know how anyone could stand for that, even that fat f***ing asshole, Mike Ashley.  Douglas ticks all the boxes, especially on a free.  I mean, seriously, Douglas doesn't even have a last name that Kinnear can screw up.

Teixeira  :cheesy:

Probably calls him Shearer.