Olivier Kemen joins Lyon

Fenham Mag

And we're just pretending he isn't?

Which youngster do we give a shot then? Aarons of course, who has looked class, but even he's finding himself on the bench.

More returning from long term injuries etc rather than thinking he's not good enough I reckon.

Not sure about that, like. McClaren has already stated that he needs to work on the defensive side of his game.

And we're just pretending he isn't?

Which youngster do we give a shot then? Aarons of course, who has looked class, but even he's finding himself on the bench.

More returning from long term injuries etc rather than thinking he's not good enough I reckon.

Hopefully. I don't think anybody doesn't think he's good enough though. Think it's more to do with age/being careful with him.

Surely it's worth us loaning him out just to see what we have. If he doesn't stand out in the Championship/League 1 then fuck him, if he does then re-assess.

But if we loan him his value might drop. If we can use him as part of a deal to sign someone whilst his stock is high (for whatever reason) then we should do that, especially if we sign a worldie centre half.

Surely it's worth us loaning him out just to see what we have. If he doesn't stand out in the Championship/League 1 then f*** him, if he does then re-assess.

But if we loan him his value might drop. If we can use him as part of a deal to sign someone whilst his stock is high (for whatever reason) then we should do that, especially if we sign a worldie centre half.

Defeats the point of signing youngsters though doesn't it.

No-one was especially raving about Aarons when he was playing in the reserves.  People thought he had promise but there was no clamour for him to be playing in the first team.  He seized his opportunity when given.

I've seen Kemen have some decent games but nothing to get too excited about but sometimes youngsters step up when playing with senior players like Aarons has shown so far.

Not sure we can do much about other clubs being interested, but we could try to get him more playing time through loan system.

That's unless we don't see him as a prospect, then just sell him to Monaco.

He's still young (just turned 19), should loan him to L1 or Championship.