Sunderland

Nobody

Bit of a gutter if he does go to them, he was the only realistic alternative to JFK when Pardew goes.

I've never really understood this, why was it likely?

He comes across to me as a cunt, and I'd say it is fairly likely only a cunt would take a job under this cunt. A bit like Pardew, who is a cunt. And he is unemployed and in all likelihood a better manager than Pardew.

Bit of a gutter if he does go to them, he was the only realistic alternative to JFK when Pardew goes.

Just going on the mates with Wise/thought about giving him the job thing before stuff, also that he'd likely be ok with a DOF.

I was holding onto the hope that if we sacked Pardew we'd be looking to install a cheap up and coming manager who could organise a team well, so Poyet fit the bill. Now I'm pretty sure that if Pardew goes it will be Kinnear who takes over. But in any case Pardew will be staying put because as long as he avoids flirting with relegation Ashley won't really give a toss. With the players we've got you could put Dame Edna Everage in charge and we'd still finish mid table.

Made a lot of enemies quite quickly at Brighton. Yes they played a decent brand of football but all was not well behind closed doors. Work with a guy who also works at Brighton and he rates him highly to an extent - it's just he doesn't exactly bring harmony to a club.

Example was with Vicente. Player did very well at first, but due to family issues became homesick and asked Poyet for a move. Poyet said if he tried his best and carried on at the club he'd definitely let him leave at the end of the season. Come end of the season, Poyet changes his mind and tells Vicente he has to stay and he never made such a promise. Not exactly wonderful man management.

Also a direct quote from Vicente:

Meanwhile, the club's departing Spanish star Vicente has blasted Poyet by calling him "the worst person I've come across in football."

The 31-year-old told the Argus: "For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it’s how I feel.

"I won’t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football."

From verbally abused to being laughed at and ridiculed, anyone got the Samaritans number ready for the Sunderland players? :lol:

Main things of note I remember of him is backing Suarez to the hilt over the Evra incident and calling Evra a 'cry baby', backing him again when he bit Ivanovic and being sacked by BHA live on BBC Three with an implication it was because he was somehow involved in an incident where someone took a shit on the floor of the Palace dressing room.

That aside, I think he's one of the better options they could end up with out of the available candidates.

Main things of note I remember of him is backing Suarez to the hilt over the Evra incident and calling Evra a 'cry baby', backing him again when he bit Ivanovic and being sacked by BHA live on BBC Three with an implication it was because he was somehow involved in an incident where someone took a s*** on the floor of the Palace dressing room.

That aside, I think he's one of the better options they could end up with out of the available candidates.

He's just gone up in my estimation.

Made a lot of enemies quite quickly at Brighton. Yes they played a decent brand of football but all was not well behind closed doors. Work with a guy who also works at Brighton and he rates him highly to an extent - it's just he doesn't exactly bring harmony to a club.

Example was with Vicente. Player did very well at first, but due to family issues became homesick and asked Poyet for a move. Poyet said if he tried his best and carried on at the club he'd definitely let him leave at the end of the season. Come end of the season, Poyet changes his mind and tells Vicente he has to stay and he never made such a promise. Not exactly wonderful man management.

Also a direct quote from Vicente:

Meanwhile, the club's departing Spanish star Vicente has blasted Poyet by calling him "the worst person I've come across in football."

The 31-year-old told the Argus: "For me he is a selfish person, very egocentric. I say that because it’s how I feel.

"I won’t talk badly about my team-mates, because they have been fantastic with me. What I think is unacceptable is that the manager makes fun of his players. I’ve seen things here that I have never seen in my career. If you miss with a shot in training, he makes fun. For me, that is unacceptable in football."

Sounds like DI Canio but doesn't do it in public.

Sounds like Vicente is being a little bitch tbh.

You can get a decent idea of what Sunderland will be getting from this thread from a Brighton forum. Looks like a Sunderland fan is asking for opinions on Poyet:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?287480-So-Gustavo

pretty much backs up what I already thought.

Could only manage the first page there, but generally very positive.

Worrying. :buck2:

Would Newcastle ever give away free match tickets at a Freshers' Fayre? Because thats exactly what Sunderland did today :lol:

I got one anyway, even though I have no intention of going. All you had to do was write your name on some paper and the guy tore it off this massive stash!

Would Newcastle ever give away free match tickets at a Freshers' Fayre?

I can answer that straight away: yes.

Newcastle 1-2 Tottenham, Carling Cup 2008. What a treat.

Think it was 2-1 anyway. Seem to remember the heroic Michael Owen scoring.

At the end of the day, he (if it is Poyet) is still an untried manager at this level, so hopefully he may struggle with the step up in level.

And as stated above, he still only got the same 'Frankenstein Squad' that Di Canio and/or Di Fanti assembled.

Main things of note I remember of him is backing Suarez to the hilt over the Evra incident and calling Evra a 'cry baby', backing him again when he bit Ivanovic and being sacked by BHA live on BBC Three with an implication it was because he was somehow involved in an incident where someone took a s*** on the floor of the Palace dressing room.

Just spent that last 20 minutes reading articles about why Brighton and Crystal Palace absolutely fucking hate each other in spite of being like 50 miles apart and hardly ever playing each other, funny what the internet does to you.

chap from the Brighton Argus:

Brian Owen ‏@Brian__Owen 9m

Gus Poyet tonight told Uruguayan radio he has a chance of taking charge of Sunderland. #bhafc

Brian Owen ‏@Brian__Owen 4m

Poyet said he has spoken to Di Matteo who said he wasn't interested in the Sunderland job. Poyet added: I said 'Thank you, one less!' #bhafc

Guest Haris Vuckic

Would Newcastle ever give away free match tickets at a Freshers' Fayre?

I can answer that straight away: yes.

Newcastle 1-2 Tottenham, Carling Cup 2008. What a treat.

Think it was 2-1 anyway. Seem to remember the heroic Michael Owen scoring.

I think Keegan had just left and the guys on the turnstiles were letting in people for nowt anyway. Lads in the leazes were getting in for a fiver.

I went to pay with a £20 and he gave me £10 back in the gallowgate and I looked at him to say you've undercharged to which he replied ''nah yee only look fifteen'' and let me in.

Then Stevie Taylor tried to skin...err...O'Hara and he took the ball off him and scored. We lost 2-1 true story.

Just spent that last 20 minutes reading articles about why Brighton and Crystal Palace absolutely fucking hate each other in spite of being like 50 miles apart and hardly ever playing each other, funny what the internet does to you.

Wasn't Poyet's involvement with the shitting scandal more his Gestapo-esque interrogation of the Brighton groundstaff? I'm pretty sure his open letter to the club was released online? (Or am I making all of that up?)